Steam Problems

Started by deluxulous, 05-07-2010

deluxulous

We need a support thread for help and stuff.

Anyways, when I try to login to steam (NOTE: My account has not been hijacked. This is not a "wrong password" error.) it says "Could not connect to steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection or with the Steam network."

Okay, first thing. My internet is completely fine. I just downloaded the MoH beta no problem. I've restarted my PC twice. My ports are forwarded. I can log in on the Steam website. And before this, I couldn't start any games because they were "unavailable." I guess the only thing to try now is restarting my router, but that shouldn't matter since my internet is fine.

Pawx

Your going to have to reinstall Steam, same thing happened to me awhile back, it's cause Steam sucks...

If that's not the cause or it doesn't work, they I don't know what to tell you...

deluxulous

Quote from: Pawx on 05-07-2010
Your going to have to reinstall Steam, same thing happened to me awhile back, it's cause Steam sucks...

If that's not the cause or it doesn't work, they I don't know what to tell you...
Shit. Aw well, it's worth a try.

Zstan

Go to your Internet browser. Look at the right hand corner of your screen for a little fellow that says TOOLS.

If you for some reason cannot find it, just go to your control panel, and click INTERNET OPTIONS.

After clicking Internet Options, find the tab that says CONNECTIONS.

Click on this tab, and look to the very bottom, a small tab will read LAN SETTINGS. Click it. A new box will appear, check and make sure you UN-CHECK all of the boxes. If one of them is checked it could be causing the connectivity issue.

So that is basically it. Un-Check all of the boxes in your LAN SETTINGS tab.

Should fix it, brah.

Silver Knight

Delete client.blob if that doesn't work try restarting (it helps) if not backup files and reinstall steam.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

deluxulous

Quote from: Last.Exile on 05-07-2010
Delete client.blob if that doesn't work try restarting (it helps) if not backup files and reinstall steam.

Im reinstalling everything. Minus the backup. So, yeah.