STALKER - Tales 'round the Campfire

Started by deluxulous, 16-02-2010

deluxulous

Funny stories go in this thread.

So, in CoP, after getting out of the main barge camp (SCHWERDZAGERIGMADERVEN or whatever) I walk up the hill, and I hear intense gunfire. Now, naturally, me being me, I wanted to go join in on the fun.

So, I get up the hill, and I see at LEAST 6 bandits in the fetal position, asking for help. Me: What the fuck.

Now, by this time, I realize I'm being shot at. By some random STALKERs. So, naturally, I shot them. And me being me, I ran UP to them, to get a better shot. And there were fucking BUSHES. They hid in the bushes, so I started shooting into them. And then the guy I'm shooting at disappears.

I never found his body. Anyone know if there are ghost STALKERS that haunt your dreams with guilt?

Story 2:

I went to the sawmill, and I saw a bunch of zombies. Me: Okay, they're stupid, they won't gang up on me or anything.

So I start picking off a few, pick up a shotty, kill everyone on the top level, alright.
So, I went to the bottom part of the sawmill. Entirely different story.

I get down there, I pick off a few stragglers, and I go around the corner of the house. BAM. 6 or 7 fucking zombies RIGHT THERE. Naturally, me being me, I shat my pants and promptly threw a grenade. And shot like crazy. I killed most of them, but two were busy seizuring on the ground. By this time, I had retreated up the hill to a Mili zombie trying to cut me down.

And then a pack of dogs rushes up the hill, and chases me into the sawmill. So, after dealing with THAT, I look outside to the gate, and what do I see? A group of fucking CATS rushing in the gate. Me: Damnit.

So, cats take three shots from the Mossberg to die, and I can safely say that those tools were not worth the trouble.

Next?

Plunger

I'm immune to emissions. Won't tell anybody how though, and it's not a glitch or cheat.

Pawx

.....Oh I'm sorry, I was to busy laughing at your picture XD

Steel

Quote from: Layton on 17-02-2010
I'm immune to emissions. Won't tell anybody how though, and it's not a glitch or cheat.

Lol i know aswell...

Chaosye

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Stories :D

Well in SoC (LURK mod) I was going through the agroporm underground as part of the mission.  I almost reach the end of the level and then remember that I completely forgot to get Strelok's stash.

So I go back, get into the stash area and get all the loot and check the current time, somewhere around 15:00.

Since LURK had some stealth AI built into it, I figured I'd go and sleep in there until midnight, so the guards will have a harder time finding me.  Just as I'm about to select my sleeping bag, the screen slowly starts turning red and I see a chair floating in the air.

I was scared shitless since I had never seen anything like it and I dodge the chair as it gets thrown at me by some mysterious force.  Now since I saw that some mutant was using telekenesis on all the furniture in the room, I decided to get the hell out of there and try to escape.

Of course, I accidentally go the wrong way, and end up going all the way back to the long room with all the pipes running through it by some detour.  Once I reached that point, I heard some weird as hell grumbling coming from behind me, and I turned around seeing a goddamn Burer, in the Agroporm underground. 

I ran the hell away and hid behind a concrete wall.  Now, I've read about this thing in the STALKER wiki and never thought i'd encounter one this early.  So we both had a hell of a long fight and I almost died from the thing.  I walked over to it's corpse to loot it, and all of a sudden a bloodsucker comes out of NOWHERE and claws me to death instantly.

My last save was when I first entered the underground.

So I started a new game :3

Innokenti Katya

Bl★ck Star

QuoteI ran the hell away and hid behind a concrete wall.  Now, I've read about this thing in the STALKER wiki and never thought i'd encounter one this early.  So we both had a hell of a long fight and I almost died from the thing.  I walked over to it's corpse to loot it, and all of a sudden a bloodsucker comes out of NOWHERE and claws me to death instantly.

Also happend to me xD

Chaosye

Another smaller story:

When I was first trying out LURK I was going around the map (Havn't gone to Agroporm yet).  I did the mission saving Kruglov from all the mercenaries and went to Yantar.

I decided to go and explore the place.  I already knew about the X11 Lab emissions, so I didn't go in there but I definitely went around it.  Shot up a couple snorks along the way too, as well as a few zombies.

So I finish up there and am walking along a road outside the lab when all of sudden I hear a gi-fucking-normous roar come out behind.  So I turn around and I se-HOLY SHIT PSUEDOGIANT

I run the hell away, trying to shoot the thing down, using up all of my grenade rounds as well as a ton of shotgun ammo.

Eventually I take the thing down, 3/4ths of my health gone from the various snorks that were helping him out.

Then I got the FUCK out of there!

I did not know what a psuedogiant was doing outside of the labs :c

Innokenti Katya