Overwatch - A Hl2 FPS/RTS Hybrid Mod

Started by Bl★ck Star, 22-08-2010

Bl★ck Star

"Prepare for.. unforeseen consequences."

Overwatch, a Half-Life 2 Modification.
After an entire year of hard work behind closed doors, we are very pleased to announce Overwatch, a cooperative multiplayer FPS/RTS hybrid powered by the Source engine and based on the Half-Life 2 universe.

What is Overwatch?
Overwatch is a cooperative multiplayer FPS/RTS hybrid powered by the Source engine and based on the Half-Life 2 universe. It pits a team of rebels playing cooperatively in first-person (the Resistance) against one player who assumes the role of commander to the Combine forces (the Overwatch), controlling units and the environment around them from a bird's-eye view.

First Public Release
Following a closed release and three mini-updates, we are extremely proud to make our v1.1.0 update available to the general public. The ideas and feedback we have been receiving over the past month have been truly invaluable, and we hope that more of you will choose to join our community and share your thoughts with us!

v1.1.0 is still to be considered a very early release. Work on Overwatch only began a bit over a year ago, and we still have a ton more to add to it! If you would like to keep track of our progress, head over to our blog and read our Development Reports.

Updater Utility
As we are committed to releasing frequent updates for Overwatch, we have been working hard to put together an Updater utility which will help you, the player, download and install patches with only the click of a button.

When you launch Overwatch, a small panel at the top-right will let you know if an update is available. You can then click on Update Now, which will close the game, run the Updater then relaunch the game, all in only a few minutes. The Updater can also be used to validate files and replace files that you may have deleted in error.

In addition to improving the game, we will be working to improve the Updater itself, so if you encounter any issues with it, please let us know!

What's Next?
We have put some time aside next week to keep track of bug reports and respond quickly should any major issues arise. We have a first patch (v1.1.1) scheduled for release next week, and we have already begun working on the next update (v1.2.0), scheduled for a week or two after that.

Be sure to visit our blog and community forums, as we will be posting more frequently there than we do here.

Time for Fun!
Overwatch developers will be scheduling events on our Steam group every now and then, so if you would like to play against them, be sure to keep an eye on that calendar!

We look forward to playing against you all. Have fun!

Epic Mod, has some great potential to turn into a High quality mod and it makes fucking much fun !! =D

Moddb link:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/overwatch
Steamgroup link:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/OverwatchMod

Pawx

Seems like Zombie Master, but edited. But seems more of a change from zombies to combine, looks fun.

Ace of Hearts

Was thinking of downloading this, seemed alright. But yeah, the way they describe it sounds an awful lot like Zombie Master.

Nargotah

It's pretty decent, gonna be kinda shit till new maps are made though.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Nargotah on 22-08-2010
It's pretty decent, gonna be kinda shit till new maps are made though.

They're already working on more maps.

Played around, it was impossible to win OW spawned like 50 SHotgunners and putted them right infront of the exit where you needed to go, you went around the corner and got Insta killed, you couldn't even nade them the OW was to OP xD

Lucidius

Protip: You get grenades.

Also, played this last night. At first I didn't like it cause it was retarded

OW kept spawning combine in the same room we were in after we cleared it so we got shot in the back by shotguns. I think we should be able to lock off spawn points.

Then when we all started working as a team it was a bit more fun.

IT'de be really fun with a bunch of friends IMO

I'de also like, not terrible guns. I hate the SMG, the pistol is too weak and yeah, HL2 weapons in general suck ass.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Silence)

I was playing this before the public release.I know the developers.Good game.