Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

Started by Solidus, 23-12-2010

Solidus

Thread Music
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Images (2010)

Review

Personal Rating: 9/10

Pros:
1. Excellent graphics, and they are not demanding at all.
2. Lacks repetition in races; everything is new and fresh.
3. Plenty of vehicles. (Separated into individual categories, eg. Exotic, Sports.)
4. Online is challenging.
5. New Autolog allows you to troll your friends after you beat their times.
6. Easily-manageable control system. (Make sure to edit controls before racing for the first time, they're assigned to the arrow keys, not WASD.)
7. Engaging police chases.
8. Abilities to be the officer or the offender.
9. You're paying $49.99 US or 38 Euros, I believe. (Not good at monetary unit conversion, sorry.)
10. Sweet, sweet takedowns.
11. Soundtrack is highly enjoyable. Feel free to pick up these songs on iTunes, or any other legal music provider.

Cons:
1. Still rather glitchy.
2. Very frustrating for newcomers.
3. Will piss you off when you drift into a random semi.
4. VERY FRUSTRATING FOR NEWCOMERS! (Extra emphasis)

Final Verdict: Fantastic game. I recommend it if you enjoy the casual racer (Don't expect a Gran Turismo styled racer here) and blazing adrenaline. It may be frustrating for newcomers, especially when they drift into oncoming traffic. I do not recommend this if you throw your gamepad/keyboard when playing games like Peggle or Blues Clues: Big Musical.

General Information

You're practically either a racer or a cop. Your main objective as a:
Racer: is to complete races against other competitors, avoid the police, or ride a vehicle to a specific destination as fast as possible, with minimal damage.
Cop: to shut down races as soon as possible, to take down racers, or to drive a police vehicle to a specific destination as fast as possible, with minimal damage.
General System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows XP 64-bit SP2, Windows Vista SP2 (32- or 64-bit), or Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit). (Not Supported - Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000 are not supported.)
Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ; 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®
Memory: 1GB (XP), 1.5GB (Vista), 1.5 GB (Windows 7)
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard disk space. Additional space required for DirectX 9.0c installation and for saved games
Video Card: DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D-accelerated 256 MB video card with Shader Model 3.0* or higher
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
DVD-ROM: 8X speed DVD-ROM drive (Disc Users only)
Online Gameplay: Broadband connection for online activation and online gameplay - 512 Kbps or faster
Direct X®: DirectX 9.0c
More in-depth: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

(Post suggestions for what to add here, too lazy to think of something. Pro-tip: Don't make threads past midnight.)

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: Is there a free ride mode?
A: Yes. Press R-CTRL on any given area in Seacrest County to drive there freely, with no vehicular restraints, as long as you unlocked the car. You own it, you drive it.

Q: My computer isn't very powerful, yet it's well enough to run GMod on high settings. How will my PC hold out?
A: Really depends on your hardware, although you should be fine. My GT240m (Horrible GPU) runs it smoothly @ 1920x1080 resolution. The game is not very demanding. Check above for requirements. Or, go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Q: Where can I download a torrent of it?
A: Here: http://www.meatspin.com/

Q: Is this available on Steam?
A: Yep. http://store.steampowered.com/app/47870/

Q: Will you gift me this, I mean, it's Christmas soon. Amirite?
A: No. (Except for you, Ravanger and ThY. :D) (P.S. Sorry, I lied. D:)

That's all for now, I guess. It's late, and I might add on some more later.

THE END

Solidus

Sorry about the lack of thread features/quality. It whipped it up in about 15 minutes.

I'll get on it in the mornin'.

Bucky

Played it, almost beat it, fucking amazing ass game.