MAG - 256 Player FPS - Holy Fuck!

Started by Silver Knight, 22-12-2009

Silver Knight

General Information:

Sony and Zipper Interactive's online-only 256-player military shooter enters mass production in advance of January 26 release on PS3.

Originally slated for a late 2009 release, Zipper Interactive's online military shooter MAG has been locked and loaded for a January 26 deployment on the PlayStation 3 since August. Today, Sony Computer Entertainment confirmed that MAG will only see the one release-date misfire, as the North American and Asian editions of the game have gone gold. Sony expects the European edition to pass certification in the next couple of weeks, though no release date was offered for the region.

Massive Action Game isn't an overstatement.

Along with announcing that the game has been shipped to manufacturers for mass production, Sony also said that MAG's open beta test will commence on January 4. The open beta will be available in all regions and ends on January 10 at 11:59 p.m. PST. North American gamers can begin downloading the open beta client on December 22, though Sony reiterated that gamers won't be able to actually enter the game until the first week of 2010.

Developed by former SOCOM specialty studio Zipper Interactive, MAG is an ambitious online military shooter that will feature 256 players in a single game. Each player will assume a different rank on each side, viewing the battlefield according to his or her station. Commanders will see the action from a top-down view from which they can direct lower-level soldiers, who will see from a first-person point of view on the front lines.

Platforms & Release Dates:
PS3 Only - Currently In BETA - TBH

Video's:
MAG Premiere Gameplay Trailer

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steel

How epic for a HGN MAG squad? :P

Silver Knight

Most people here don't have Ps3's im glad im not one of those people.

Szenti

Yeah, I've readed of this, its cool but I gone sadface when I readed: Platforms: PS3.

Maybe my friend will get this game, and I can try it :D.

Steel

Quote from: Last Exile on 22-12-2009
Most people here don't have Ps3's im glad im not one of those people.

Er i have all next gens, so im covered for everything! But i know members who have Ps3, radek and such.
All my hard earned money spent on gaming... sad really :P

Bl★ck Star

Ill play with yo guys i get a PS3 to christmas xD

Lucidius

i've got a pee-ess trippul

also, already made a thead aboot it.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Steel

Locke

Ridiculous amounts of bullets

Steel

Nah, looking at the description, its going to be well co-ordinated, so its not going to be a bullet fest, more of a tactical sort of game.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lucidius on 22-12-2009
i've got a pee-ess trippul

also, already made a thead aboot it.

Your thread didn't use the VG format.

Goose

Epic glad i have a PS3 this looks ..........epic
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Alex

Sweet, I has teh PS3 too. This is gonna be awsome.

deluxulous

PS3 now has another cool game.

Fluffy

Holy mother of.

I NEED TO GET A PS3 STAT!

lolKieck

*cough* I got the beta, it's awesome, but graphics is just average. Epic gameplay, I always healed people with my medkit. Also, my PSN is Kiieck.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

KillSlim

Don't have a PS3, don't want one. Not going to buy one just for this game either.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Steel

Its so gonna be worth the play.

Lucidius

Hey uys, this game will suck a bit because of the graphics. Graphics make everything though so don't bother.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Steel

As long as its playable i dont care. I dont find source games with great graphics, just very good playability.

Fluffy

Hope they overhaul the graphics and engine on HL2: Ep 3. So that Graphics for Source will be better.

Alex

*Sarcasm* Yes, just look at that godawful bloom and hideous shadows. These graphics suck.*End Sarcasm*

Lucidius

Quote from: Alex on 23-12-2009
*Sarcasm* Yes, just look at that godawful bloom and hideous shadows. These graphics suck.*End Sarcasm*

This, also [sarcasm] ftw.

On that note, I hate source for it's lack of playability. Goldsource feels sooo much more smoother I find. Might be just me spending so much time with it though. And i mean smoother in the non-realistic sense.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Fluffy

Quote from: Lucidius on 23-12-2009
Quote from: Alex on 23-12-2009

This, also [sarcasm] ftw.

On that note, I hate source for it's lack of playability. Goldsource feels sooo much more smoother I find. Might be just me spending so much time with it though. And i mean smoother in the non-realistic sense.

Goldsource?

lolKieck

Quote from: Lucidius on 23-12-2009
Hey uys, this game will suck a bit because of the graphics. Graphics make everything though so don't bother.
*facepalm* Graphics make shit, about 10% of the game for me is graphics and the thing only needed in graphics is that you see the enemy. So get out of here STALKER or think about gameplay. Anyways, good gameplay, not many people go sniping like in SOCOM, some people go medic, not many go as an engineer (The guy who repairs). Nice unlock system, where you get a point for every level.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒