L4D 2 - Is it worth getting it?

Started by KillSlim, 21-11-2009

KillSlim

There's a lot of hype about this game, and I'm wondering if it's any good.
On one hand, I'm thinking:
"L4D was shit, why would I want more?"
And on the other, I'm thinking:
"Lots of my friends have it and enjoy it."

So I came to HGN for advice.
I don't want any replies saying anything like "Played it, complete shite", constructive comments including ups and downs of the game please!
Thanks.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Locke

I played the demo and I enjoyed it, but I haven't bought it yet.

Do YOU enjoy it?

Tunddruff

YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES.

IT HAS ACTUAL STORY LINE

Sickness

A story line that doesn't consist of zombies being everywhere and we were born to get from this building to the other?
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Griffen

It turned to complete and utter shit after two days of play..
|HGN|Griffen: Hey, kid.
|HGN|Griffen: Get off my lawn.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Hey kiddo, get of my work
|HGN|Griffen: Uhm, this is MY LAWN.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: While I can do so that you can never play or use anything HGN related
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Shoo
|HGN|Griffen: God damnit.

Plunger

Quote from: Griffen on 14-01-2010
It turned to complete and utter shit after two days of play..
I respectably disagree.

Recreas

It's quite the same as L4d but then just with more weird look special infected and more weapons
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Locke

Bought it, 4 hours play time. That is not much for me.

Lucidius

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 27-08-2010
Bought it, 4 hours play time. That is not much for me.

I've gotten a fair amount of gameplay out of L4D2, even though I perfer L4D1 gameplay wise and L4D2's weapons.

Jockey's are fucking stupid. I literally get pounced by any that spawn 95% of the time. They're just hunters that leap from closer distances but have alot more HP, making anything but shotguns or a HS with a sniper enough to drop it in time. Also, the shoving is delayed and they don't always jump when youde think they will.

Other then that, i'm fine with the special infected, just L4D1 feels like it plays alot better.

The Sniper isn't nerfed just so that they could have a better version, witches can't be power countered (Hard Rain, Shotgun), and yeah The onlything L4D2 has got going for it are the campaigns, the new type of mounted gun which you barely ever get to use (and are always set up in awkward angles) and the guns, ALL OF WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN DLC.

The Mutations are interesting but they are almost always competative or un-interesting enough to go play it again. Case and point: REALISTIC VERSUS WITH NO MEDKITS. VERSUS, NO REVIVING.

I'de say it's worth it if your getting it for like 10-15 dollars (I got my 3 copies for 30 or so), but if your going to buy it for your XboxLOL60 or some shit for 39.99, and you bought the original for like 59.99, i'de say no.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

KillSlim

Lucid, this thread I started is almost a year old. The purpose of this thread was to get an idea of what L4D2 is like from opinions, your comment is voided because I have already bought and made an opinion of L4D2.
Gg.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window