I WANNA GET THIS CLEAR

Started by mandown7, 31-10-2011

mandown7

There was a orignial STALKER in like 2002-2004 am i right? Ive been battling my freind all day about it and he says that there was never a first stalker it was only soc,cop, CS. But i found some stuff that said it was called odliveon lost no not oblivion lost the mod for soc can someone please confirm who is right here?
BFK FOR LIFE / N4L$ FOR LIFE YEAAAA

INA7HAN

Go on wikipedia and see if it's true

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

jaik

Uh, no.
The first episode of S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is the SHoC.
You must be referring to the builds that were made before THQ took over the development as a publisher, where they scrapped everything that made STALKER STALKER, they don't count as "original STALKER" because they were only a part of the development. Oblivion Lost was a game that is set in Aztec ruins and you had to fight robots there, the idea of making a game that is set in Chernobyl came later.

Quote from: INA7HAN on 31-10-2011
Go on wikipedia and see if it's true

IF you don't know anything then don't post.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

mandown7

Whar does shoc standfor?
BFK FOR LIFE / N4L$ FOR LIFE YEAAAA

Gonztah

Shadow of Chernobyl...

OrangeReal

1st: Road Side Picnic
2nd: Stalker (Movie) - http://alturl.com/a66ru
3rd: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows of Chernobyl
4th: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
5th: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat
SRP
Arthur 'Night' Hutchinson - ALIVE
Anne 'Savior' Gerris - ALIVE
Coroner - ALIVE
'Crazed' - ALIVE

Paintcheck

Your friend is thinking about the beta builds/tech demos that GSC made. It was originally called Oblivion Lost as Jake said. Later they would move the setting to Chernobyl and make it STALKER. THQ then messed with it a bit and made it SoC.

That is why the STALKER mod is called "Oblivion Lost" because it adds a lot of what THQ cut from SoC in an effort to make it more like GSC's original vision.

Road Side Picnic and the movie Stalker both inspired GSC in the creation of the world but are not directly related to the story/canon of the universe in any way.

Predu

You must mean the build >1200. Wait for the anticipated Lost Alpha like me. But yeah, there is no stalker game before SoC, and it's better that way, that first version of stalker.. ugh.. aztec temples and miniguns.

Edit: Oh wait Jake posted it all before me, I should read all comments more thoroughly first. :/