I need a Gaming Mouse. Suggestions?

Started by Spades_Neil, 25-11-2012

Spades_Neil

I'm in the market for a new computer mouse.

Desired features:
- The ability to turn up mouse speed without turning up in-game sensitivity to prevent cursor jumping, so I can have both speed and accuracy. It would be nice if the mouse had a slider on it to adjust it on the fly.
- At least 2 extra buttons beside the roll wheel.
- Wired mouse. I hate these fucking wireless ones.

So HGN, what are your recommendations? Assume money is no object.

jaik

Office mouse all day erry day.

But no, I never really found a reason to buy a 'gaming mouse'. It's just a marketing trick imo. Yeah they have these macro buttons but unless your intent is to abuse the Joker Carbine in APB, I just don't see a need.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Jake on 25-11-2012
I just don't see a need.

I do, and it's only one need that I need and that is the ability to more finely tune my mouse sensitivity without it skipping across the screen.

It's so goddamn irritating to be playing an FPS and see some twerp standing still, but when you line him up between your crosshairs, your mouse skips over his head instead of moving in between two points on the screen. I don't know what this is called, I only know when it happens.

Paintcheck

Logitech G series. You can find them for like $30-$50 depending on the model. I have used a G5 for years and it has never failed me. A friend of mine has the G9 and loves it. The removable weights is just a gimmick I have never felt the need to change them but they can be had for fairly cheap. I know a lot of people who are fans of the Razer...I think the Adder is their wired 5 button gaming mouse but I've never used on so I can't comment.

And Jake I would agree with you that I didn't notice a huge difference going from an office mouse to my Logitech except for games like Battlefield or similar where getting into a vehicle turret turns your sensitivity way down. Having the on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity is very useful.

If you play a lot of MMOs which I don't think you do but just covering the bases I have heard that those million-button MMO mice like the Razer Naga and Logitech G600 (I think it's the 600) are totally worth it. They are expensive though and I feel like that many buttons right on your thumb would take some getting used to.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Paintcheck on 25-11-2012
Logitech G series. You can find them for like $30-$50 depending on the model. I have used a G5 for years and it has never failed me. A friend of mine has the G9 and loves it. The removable weights is just a gimmick I have never felt the need to change them but they can be had for fairly cheap. I know a lot of people who are fans of the Razer...I think the Adder is their wired 5 button gaming mouse but I've never used on so I can't comment.

And Jake I would agree with you that I didn't notice a huge difference going from an office mouse to my Logitech except for games like Battlefield or similar where getting into a vehicle turret turns your sensitivity way down. Having the on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity is very useful.

If you play a lot of MMOs which I don't think you do but just covering the bases I have heard that those million-button MMO mice like the Razer Naga and Logitech G600 (I think it's the 600) are totally worth it. They are expensive though and I feel like that many buttons right on your thumb would take some getting used to.

Thanks for the advice.

I think I'll go with the G500 (apparently the new G5?) as opposed to the G9x because I like the convenient placement of the adjustment buttons on the G500. This will make my life so much easier when playing my FPS games, so I can switch more easily between CQB and marksman/sniper shooting, or alternatively vehicle turrets as you mentioned, without having to pause the game, go into options, and screw with overly twitch mouse sensitivity settings.

Steven :D

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 25-11-2012

Thanks for the advice.

I think I'll go with the G500 (apparently the new G5?) as opposed to the G9x because I like the convenient placement of the adjustment buttons on the G500. This will make my life so much easier when playing my FPS games, so I can switch more easily between CQB and marksman/sniper shooting, or alternatively vehicle turrets as you mentioned, without having to pause the game, go into options, and screw with overly twitch mouse sensitivity settings.
I think you should just go with the new razer deathadder, mainly because my friend has had his for five years without any problems whatsoever, and with the new razer synapse you can calibrate it to be anywhere from 800dpi to 4800~ ( I think ) for the 2013 version. Just sayin.

Syndraell

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Khorn

I got the the g500, is pretty damn nice.

Paintcheck

Newegg has the G500 for $35.

Spades_Neil

KingArthur

G500 worked good until mine had some wiring issues.

Quote from: KingArthur on 25-11-2012
G500 worked good until mine had some wiring issues.
Yeah he says his cuts out every now and then after prolonged use.

Ragolution

Paintcheck

My G5 hasn't failed me in a good...I don't know 5 years of use? All the other people I know with Logitechs haven't had any issues.

You can't go wrong with Razer either but it's $20 more expensive.

nKe

deluxulous

Logitech G series. You can find them for like $30-$50 depending on the model. I have used a G5 for years and it has never failed me.

Had mine since Crysis came out (At least 4-5 years I think?) and my scroll wheel broke down on me about a month ago. No problems other than that. I'm looking at buying the G500 as well since it appears to be almost the same thing.

Knife_cz

I have this 'xl-750bk' google it, I can't give you any link - it searchs only Czech ones for me.

Silver Knight

I was here a few months back. Searched around, read tons of reviews and i came across the Logitech G500.

Got it, brilliant mouse and no regrets so far.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ragolution

jaik

Quote from: Ragolution on 26-11-2012

Best mouse I ever owned.

and that's how it's done children
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight