HGN Project Reality v2: Electric Boogaloo

Started by deluxulous, 12-02-2011

deluxulous

Recently, I've been wanting to play Project Reality again. I know that there are lots of new members who may be interested in this, so thats why I'm posting the thread.

We had a PR group this past summer, and it was a really fun time. It was inactive after a while though.

What is PR? PR is a mod for Battlefield 2 on the PC.
Quote from: PR Website
Project Reality is a free to download game modification for the Battlefield 2 (BF2) retail windows game. The Reality Mod installs alongside the existing game installation allowing both the original game and Project Reality to be played separately without causing conflicts.

The Mod developers aims are to rework the original game engine developed by Digital Illusions of Sweden (Dice) within legal and feasible constraints to create a more realistic combat environment for the gaming community. This includes adjusting various gameplay elements including physics, visual effects and overall game play formats. Along with changes to how the game handles, the PR team has introduced the British, Russian, Taliban and Insurgent factions, plus a number of community assisted factions are currently in the works to introduce Canadian, IDF forces and multiple others to the virtual battlefield.

Project Reality has won second place two years running in ModDB.com's annual Mod of the Year competition (2006 & 2007), culminating in first place in 2008. The competition is the definitive event that showcases the best mods and indie games in the world and recognises the teams behind them.

The Project Reality team comprises a group of dedicated individuals, several of whom have backgrounds in armed services and whose sole task is to provide researched material, including statistical information to the developers. These are in turn tasked with coding and creating the mod itself. If you are looking for a fact based first person shooter from the perspective of a combat soldier, we feel Project Reality will provide for your gaming needs.

Features of PR - http://www.realitymod.com/features.html -- SO MANY!

Download - http://www.realitymod.com/downloads.html

- If you can find the Project Reality handbook, READ IT. It is SO important to know what you are doing in this mod. It can be very difficult to understand and master.

Post here if you would be interested in playing sometime!

People Who are gonna/maybe play:
Deluxulous/PistolKid
ThY
Headcrabs
Black Star
Yorty
Locke
Nova
Steel
Bielecki

Bl★ck Star

PR, I AM IN AS SPECIAL FORCE AGAIN.

Ya know, the always handy guy with the rope, if you remember Pistol ;)

Yorty

I'd be up for it, but I'd need to re-install all that ... stuff.
I hope you like being Infantry.

Locke

I'd be up for this, just re-add me on SF since I removed a bunch of you in a purging frenzy.

deluxulous

Quote from: Yorty on 12-02-2011

Infantry is like 3/4ths of the game. I have the most fun running through buildings and stuff as an infantryman, covering down streets and stuff. It's exciting.

Yorty

Quote from: PistolKid on 12-02-2011

Infantry is like 3/4ths of the game. I have the most fun running through buildings and stuff as an infantryman, covering down streets and stuff. It's exciting.
Tell me about it. Do you play on Tactical Gamer?

deluxulous

Quote from: PistolKid on 12-02-2011

Tell me about it. Do you play on Tactical Gamer?

Ah, I used to. I think. I played mostly on a Co-Op server, and I think that's what it was called.

deluxulous

Bump. Finally got off of my lazy ass and installed it. Anyone want to play? I don't like playing online in a squad full of people I don't know :S

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: PistolKid on 09-03-2011
Bump. Finally got off of my lazy ass and installed it. Anyone want to play? I don't like playing online in a squad full of people I don't know :S

What about we do a play-night this weekend ?

Dragon

Gah fuck, just as I do not have it installed.

I will try to re-install it sometime, then we can possibly make a small squad in future.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Dug

The reason HGN PR failed is because HGN members weren't taking the game seriously enough.
Or didn't have the proper knowledge to play the game properly. They rather jumped straight into the action.
And whenever they couldn't do something because they didn't have a clue about the game, they'd call it fail.
Pistol I wish you luck with this, because you will need it.

ThY

Good memories.
Medic-ThY back in business. =)
I think we all need mics through.

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 12-02-2011
I'd be up for this, just re-add me on SF since I removed a bunch of you in a purging frenzy.

Me I bet D:

Dragon

Quote from: ThY on 10-03-2011

I think we all need mics through.

Who didn't have a mic?

Dug

People didn't have em. Was hard to communicate. They hated VOIP.
They insisted upon SF voice chat. Which in my opinion is horrible.

If you are going to play PR with HGN, I suggest you pick your men carefully.

deluxulous

This isn't going to be a serious hardcore uber squad or anything. Just a group of HGN players that want to play sometime. Probably more casual atmosphere. By that I mean we aren't going to be a serious clan or anything, not that we won't actually play the game the way it's meant to be played, take it seriously etc.

deluxulous

deluxulous

Let's plan on playing tomorrow: Sunday, March 13th. At: 1:00 PM EST; 16:00 GMT; 17:00 GMT +1.
I suppose we'll play Co-Op on Veteran Gaming. Be there or be not there.

Also, I will probably be using Teamspeak for this. Mic not required but strongly recommended.

Dragon

Right, I will probably get around to installing it maybe next week or so.
By that I mean monday.

deluxulous

Nobody showed up. Canceled.

Bl★ck Star

Couldn't come today, sorry. Will play on the enxt event.

deluxulous

How many people can play this weekend? preferably saturday

Steel

Im going to bump this.

Still happening?

Dug

Nope. But could try gathering people.

Steel

Just going to throw it out there, but im sure myself and Dug are willing to coach a few of you on PR, and possibly lead some squads into combat ;)

Bielecki

I'll join when ever I can. Just need to reinstall it, but I bet more problems are going to come along with it so it might be a lengthy process.