HGN ARMA 2 Server?

Started by deluxulous, 16-12-2011

deluxulous

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 19-12-2011
You do know servers are free to host for you and friends, right? Just start a server up....

You can do it with any game. It's a lot of stress on your PC, and it's not going to be up 24/7. Plus my internet is gay as all hell, so no.

deluxulous

bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump, look at frosty go

Yorty

I've installed and removed ArmA 2 and AO four times over in the past few months thanks to a few people (I'm looking at you), but if this goes up I'll join in.

deluxulous

Quote from: Yorty on 22-12-2011
I've installed and removed ArmA 2 and AO four times over in the past few months thanks to a few people (I'm looking at you), but if this goes up I'll join in.

Good to hear!

you can't ignore us forever, exile. i see you on crussaria

Verne

I'd fucking love this. I play Arma 2 CO regularly, and I clearly support this idea.

Hell, I'd even teach people how to play it.

[INVICTUS]

Bump, anyone still following this? If so, zombies with no need for mods (Have three versions for Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, and Arma 2 CO)  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15778

INA7HAN

We should try the zombie survival it sounds really interesting and would be good teamwork

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Silver Knight

Blake was the last person in charge of a arma project server for hgn, but he gave up, if someone really wants to take such a burden on their shoulders and can develop the content for it. Then maybe we can host a arma 2 server on our box.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

deluxulous

Quote from: Last.Exile on 26-02-2012
Blake was the last person in charge of a arma project server for hgn, but he gave up, if someone really wants to take such a burden on their shoulders and can develop the content for it. Then maybe we can host a arma 2 server on our box.

Like I said earlier, we wouldn't even really have to do anything. All we would need is one person to have access to the server and add missions, mods etc. to play. ARMA 2 roleplay would be fun, but honestly I can't see much opportunity with it.

deluxulous

Bump for relevance. Last night, we had seven people playing on a server that I hosted. We played for six hours straight, a few people dropped out, but we had a good time. However, my PC was running at 4 frames a second by the end of one of the missions, so it was pretty hardware intensive.

From our community, we had...
-PistolKid
-Kropfi
-Spades Neil
-BAMF!
-Overwatch/Overpony/Harbinger
-Poler

We also have people in this thread that support it, anybody else is welcome as well. We primarily use TeamSpeak to to organize.

ThY

Quote from: PistolKid on 31-03-2012
Bump for relevance. Last night, we had seven people playing on a server that I hosted. We played for six hours straight, a few people dropped out, but we had a good time. However, my PC was running at 4 frames a second by the end of one of the missions, so it was pretty hardware intensive.

From our community, we had...
-PistolKid
-Kropfi
-Spades Neil
-BAMF!
-Overwatch/Overpony/Harbinger
-Poler

We also have people in this thread that support it, anybody else is welcome as well. We primarily use TeamSpeak to to organize.
I was there! I think

Khorn

I could join in if you people want another player. But don't expect me to use a mic.

lolKieck

We would need somebody with epic hardware to host a server. Or with an extra computer.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

I'll play this but i have no mic, also i think we should do a game of Zombie survival that would be epic.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

Degeneration: Zombie Reign would be an awesome mission to play. The cons are that the hoster has a smaller framerate than players and it needs ACE, Charon's Undead Mod and both ArmA's.
Or we could use this mission.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

deluxulous

I've played so many zombie missions it's starting to get really fucking tiring tbh

kropfi

I support this!

We just got off a game of Domination that I hosted, we had about 10 people playing, and people seem to love ARMA!

As PistolKid said
-Myself
-PistolKid
-Spades
-BAMF!
-Poler
-Overpony
-Hitman
-Ballin Monk
-themutatedman
-Wolf
-Paralyzed
We all have the game, and just recently we've been getting more and more people to buy it. (Hitman, Mutatedman, and a few others.)

Also as PistolKid said, it actually /has/ attracted new people to this community who would love to see an ARMA server up.

I think this would work as long as we stay away from the TakistanLife bullshit "RP" that ARMA communities have.

Poler

HGN Arma 2 server, let's do it.

Spades_Neil

I am all for this idea. PistolKid tends to run the best games. We'd need to find a good admin though.

Corocan

Man I feel left out.
My computer can run those graphics it runs at like 10 fps.