Ghost Recon: Online

Started by Paintcheck, 01-04-2012

Paintcheck

Anyone else in the closed beta? Just got it today and had some hiccups installing it and some latency issues in my first match that made shooting hard but I am intrigued by the concept and will try it more when I have more time. Seems that sniper rifles are somewhat overpowered right now (or maybe that was just because of the lag I was experiencing leading to me being instakilled out of nowhere).

Lucidius

Sounds like a pretty cool concept. I dont recall the series ever being very big on the consoles for online (let alone PC if there is any)

Oh i'm thinking of Advanced War Fighter, that'de be a cool online game...

Think I might look for a key somewhere...
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

Well I was going to  play some more to make more of a report on it but the launcher and game have broken themselves completely. No idea why it stopped working since I exited the game an hour ago and haven't changed anything since but I can't play at all and even a reinstall didn't fix it.

Lucidius

Did you try rebooting?
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

Yes but I did not try running Ccleaner to get rid of the left behind registry shit from the uninstall so I'll try that tomorrow. Bed now.

Silver Knight

Didn't like the last few games, if it goes back to the good old days i may be interested. I loved co-op killing npcs with a friend.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

It's not coop.

If you want coop look at Warface.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Last.Exile on 01-04-2012
Didn't like the last few games, if it goes back to the good old days i may be interested. I loved co-op killing npcs with a friend.
Ghost recon 1 on PC was the shit :)

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

deluxulous

Is this the future soldier beta? That I registered for two years ago?

Paintcheck

No this is Ghost Recon: Online

Future Soldier is a different project along similar lines but multiplayer-only and free to play because Ubisoft thinks all PC players are pirates and wasn't going to release GR:FS on the PC.

Also it is still broken for me even after reinstalls and restarts so I feel stupid for starting this topic because I can't get the game to work any more.

Paintcheck

FINALLY got the stupid client fixed, the "uninstall" option didn't actually uninstall it so I had to manually delete all the files myself and reinstall. Will try again when  I have time to see if it's any better.