Games Everyone Else Likes but You Hate

Started by Paintcheck, 10-05-2012

Paintcheck

Can we get a list going? I'll start:

Mount and Blade. The game is awful. Asymptotic difficulty curve, complete lack of direction or explanation on how to do most things, and an extremely punishing death penalty ensures that, in the process of learning the game, you will become incredibly frustrated losing fights until you finally learn the nontrivial skill set required to sword fight properly or become so enraged that you never touch the game again. By far the purchase I regret most on Steam and every time I see people with 100+ hours on it I scratch my head and wtf.

Who else has a game everyone else likes but they cannot stand? Would be interested to hear about others' experiences.

Bl★ck Star

Knife_cz

Alright so..CoD,
WoW - as in I liked Warcraft 3 and frozen throne, and I was looking forward another strategy game, but suddendly it turned into MMO which quite ruined it for me.
Duke Nukem Forever - "Same game new graphics" you can carry 2 weapons now?Where are the medkits?Why aren't the quotes that funny like they used to be?And lack of bosses :V
Oh and Fallout 3, it is not a bad game but as I played Fallout 1/2 I find it quite distrubing that Enclave, Raiders are always hostile.

OH AND

Dragon Age 2 - Terrible game, I mean from RPG it turned into action game, huge disappointement.
Splinter cell conviction.

jaik

please don't say cod because nobody likes cod

mine would probably be mass effect(series) and new vegas.

mass effect is just a linear story with action inside, like any other game. combat is quite derp and practically no thinking is involved here. the dialogue is cliched and always cheesy. Absolutely no modding/level editing.

new vegas? don't get me wrong, I love fallout and its background, however new vegas tries to combine classic fo(interplay) with gamebryo(bethesda). i know that bethesda didn't participate in the development a lot, but it still had consequences. nv didn't do a good job at creating an atmosphere for me and I'd choose earlier installations over NV any day simply because the former is more immersive and post-apoc. personally I dislike the endings of nv and how they're formed. you're never an official part of the faction that wins the battle and forming an independent nv is the only 'true' way to go by canon imo. also no official ending after freeplay.

Quote from: Paintcheck on 10-05-2012
you will become incredibly frustrated losing fights until you finally learn the nontrivial skill set required to sword fight properly or become so enraged that you never touch the game again.
Do you mean Multiplayer or SP?
Strange because I don't recall any fatal losses in any of my playthroughs. Not sure what are you doing wrong
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

meetdadoom

Bethesda games- Almost all bethesda games ro me have been incredible boring and a hastle to play. Skyrim was stupid how uninterested i was to the world and the story and there was absolutely no-one who ever was an even match. Either they are too easy or they are butt fucking impossible but mostly they were super easy shich has been a recurin fheme in bethesda games. The more you level up, the lamer the game geta. Also skyrim had one key thing that pissed me off. No one gives a shit. What i mean by that is that doing quests had no meaning to the world. FOr example, you can do all the companion's guild missions yet people will still say "what are you the mead boy?". You can become the leader of guilds yet people will still run up to asking help for their mundane shit like fetching them three blueberries for a pie after you killed a dragon on your own.  That then brings me yo
Another point, dragons are boring as fuck
To kill to the point wee i just avoid then.

Edit: OH god the broken English, must have been mad that day :P

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

jaik

Knife_cz

Quote from: meetdadoom on 10-05-2012
You can become the leader of guilds yet people will still run up to asking help for their mundane shit like fetching them three blueberries for a pie after you killed a dragon on your own.
Reminds me of SoC where my character had Exo and FN and he always asked in DUTY bar to the NPCs "Can you spare some tips for a rookie?"Or something liek that.

KingArthur

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

jaik

Knife_cz

Quote from: Last.Exile on 10-05-2012
Quote from: KingArthur on 10-05-2012
I hate arma

This.
Can't say if you are talking about Arma 2 or original Arma.

KingArthur

jaik

Paintcheck

Quote from: Jake on 10-05-2012

Do you mean Multiplayer or SP?
Strange because I don't recall any fatal losses in any of my playthroughs. Not sure what are you doing wrong

The point in which you "graduate" from beating up bandits to becoming a mercenary for a King has been my quitting point each time I have attempted to play M&B because every single time I do that I get butt fucked by roving patrols of [whichever kingdom the one I am mercenarying for is fighting] who have 3x as many people as I do all on horseback and knights which makes completing the mercenary missions impossible because I can't fight those people without either losing outright or losing so many of my men that I basically need to start from scratch again. M&B has no "middle" enemies, it has the bandits which are easily killed and don't offer enough reward to make you level up faster or be able to afford to pay for a huge army and then it has enemy armies of 100-200+ people all mounted on horses in plate armor that are too hard to beat when you have approximately 50 or soldiers of your own who aren't that leveled (because fighting bandits doesn't give enough experience to level them nor enough money to pay for more troops).

I've never made it beyond accepting a mercenary contract (which was ALSO painful because getting enough renown to do that from just fighting bandits takes HOURS) because of this. Game can burn in hell. Also it seems like every mplayer server is in Europe because the lowest ping I have ever managed playing Mplayer was 175. Stock mp is boring anyway, just a server full of people running around with 2 handers.

And I realize part of this is I'm probably not all that good at the game but attempting to find advice or guides has been fruitless. Everyone I have asked always goes "Oh yeah that part when you move from bandits to lords is really hard..." and every guide I've seen is only for people trying to do advanced things like carve out their own kingdom. So the game's a wash

deluxulous

I've never really bought a game I didn't like. Although that could be because I'm rather shallow - If a game is fun for me, I enjoy it anyways, regardless of story etc.

probably because i played quake 2, return to castle wolfenstein, and medal of honor too much when I was younger...

themutatedman

Plunger

Quote from: knife_cz on 10-05-2012
Alright so..CoD,
Duke Nukem Forever - "Same game new graphics" you can carry 2 weapons now?Where are the medkits?Why aren't the quotes that funny like they used to be?And lack of bosses :V

OH AND

Dragon Age 2 - Terrible game, I mean from RPG it turned into action game, huge disappointement.
No one likes any of those anyways. It's supposed to be Games Everyone Else Likes.

Redbark

jaik

Quote from: Redbark on 11-05-2012
Black ops zombies.

read the thread before you post

Quote from: Jake on 10-05-2012
please don't say cod because nobody likes cod

Quote from: Plunger on 11-05-2012
No one likes any of those anyways. It's supposed to be Games Everyone Else Likes.

Caso

Uncharted 2: Among thieves

May this game burn in hell for all I care. I HATE this game. It's too cliche, predictable plot, cardboard characters that are either dropped, turn evil, or want to bone the main character for his sweaty, dirty, Hollywood body. Only carrying TWO weapons at a time with very limited ammo, the stupid fuckin train section that lasted longer then normal, along with the climbing sections. It's hard to tell what is climbable and what is just background, I usually end with waiting for the game to tell me what is climbable. I rather watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull, then play this game ever again. Granted I play this game all the way to the end. Cause I wouldn't let this shit beat me, and you know what? The only satisfaction I got from it was the end of the game. Where the cut-scene for the game had ended and turned black.
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Caso on 11-05-2012
Uncharted 2: Among thieves

May this game burn in hell for all I care. I HATE this game. It's too cliche, predictable plot, cardboard characters that are either dropped, turn evil, or want to bone the main character for his sweaty, dirty, Hollywood body. Only carrying TWO weapons at a time with very limited ammo, the stupid fuckin train section that lasted longer then normal, along with the climbing sections. It's hard to tell what is climbable and what is just background, I usually end with waiting for the game to tell me what is climbable. I rather watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull, then play this game ever again. Granted I play this game all the way to the end. Cause I wouldn't let this shit beat me, and you know what? The only satisfaction I got from it was the end of the game. Where the cut-scene for the game had ended and turned black.

HIGHLIGHT, Grade A example of what a post on this thread should be like. I for one absolutely loved the uncharted series but hell that's the point of the thread! If we could just frame that so everyone get's how their post should look like and not like this
Quote from: knife_cz on 10-05-2012
Alright so..CoD,
WoW - as in I liked Warcraft 3 and frozen throne, and I was looking forward another strategy game, but suddendly it turned into MMO which quite ruined it for me.
Oh and Fallout 3, it is not a bad game but as I played Fallout 1/2 I find it quite distrubing that Enclave, Raiders are always hostile.

OH AND

Splinter cell conviction.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Knife_cz

Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves you say?
Well, "predictable plot" I didn't excepted monkey or these..uhh Yetties to be people actually :P

Caso

Quote from: knife_cz on 12-05-2012
Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves you say?
Well, "predictable plot" I didn't excepted monkey or these..uhh Yetties to be people actually :P

The only purpose they survived was giving us a veriaity of creatures to fight. Just encase we get bored of fighting the same human enemy for the last 50 million chapters we went though. And I have to say, I got invested in on the monster. I wanted to know where it came from, what is it doing, what is it's purpose

... but know, with my psychic mind, they all came from where the mcguffin is located. And knowing this game wanting to be 'realistic', the game makes the yetis it people. It was surprising as the plot of "the bad guys dies" in the end.

The only surprise where it could twist my back, if was people BUT they all mutated and became twisted monsters. For another surprise, maybe the animals of the lost kingdom that were faithful to the kingdom where the mutated to those things. So yeah
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

lolKieck

DotA in general. I just hate the gameplay (which is stale and boring imo), the amount of people trying to shove League of Legends up my throat made me boycott the game in general too. Besides, I was a Troll Survival player.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

deluxulous

Quote from: lolKieck on 12-05-2012
DotA in general. I just hate the gameplay (which is stale and boring imo), the amount of people trying to shove League of Legends up my throat made me boycott the game in general too. Besides, I was a Troll Survival player.

Fuck DotA and LoL. I hate most of the playerbase, mainly for LoL because they're mostly a bunch of prepubescent middle schoolers screaming "umad"