FOnline : Reloaded

Started by Knife_cz, 29-08-2013

Knife_cz

(Full changelog : http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=2.0 )
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php

Oh boy yet another FOnline right? Well this one seems to actually have active devs - since you know, source code of Fonline was released, so many people get the oppurtunity to start their own Fonline.
I think you don't even have to own Fallout 2 in order to play this time, looks like they packed it up in the full client download.

The official server launch is 8/31, so this time you have a chance to join with a fresh start - not having to wonder that Russian with RPG, Power Armor, Vertibird and 7 slaves will slay you.
I'll see you there ;)

jaik

Quote from: knife_cz on 29-08-2013
The official server launch is 8/31, so this time you have a chance to join with a fresh start - not having to wonder that Russian with RPG, Power Armor, Vertibird and 7 slaves will slay you.
I'll see you there ;)

we should make a group if anybody else is interested. playing fonline solo is pointless unless you have alts for every profession.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Quote from: Jake on 29-08-2013
Quote from: knife_cz on 29-08-2013
I'll see you there ;)

we should make a group if anybody else is interested. playing fonline solo is pointless unless you have alts for every profession.
Sure, I can spare some tips to people who are interested if they're completly new.

Zen

I will play, the last time I played FOnline I just roamed around. Some guy who looked like a robot in a suit told me to fuck off and then I got shot.

Tom

I remember trying to make a faction with Ravanger, and Stickey (and some other guy I can't remeber who) and we had to make the Scrap fort but stickey wouldn't stop bitching about the amount of Junk we needed to collect so it never got built.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Roy

Looks interesting I might join

Knife_cz

Meh I'll throw some tips at ya, for the guys that are new :

- As your first character, I strongly recommend Small Guns -> they are most common, and easily farmable/crafted. Once we get a base (If you will be playing that long) we will be able to store much more items, and farm some better weapons like Energy and Big guns. Throwing is somewhat good, grenades/throwing knives are easily craftable, but completly useless in PvP, if you want to go Throwing - you will need to farm plenty of Plasma grenades and such.

- Don't get more than 7 Strenght with Small Guns, weapons like 14mm pistol require 6 Strenght, if you have less than that, you won't be able to use it (Or well you will be, with +75% chance to miss or something like that, or it used to be like that atleast)

- Don't put any points in Charisma it's completly useless in FOnline unless you're going to be Slaver or group leader. (You need charisma so people can travel with you on World Map)

- Look up the perks that can be obtained by some quest, it would be waste to use your levels on those. (Awarness is important perk - you can get it in NCR, 6 PE required. You can get it throught dialogue in the bar)

- In FOnline, you can choose if you want turn combat or not, Turn Combat is ideal for farming NPCs. Real Combat requires some practice, and so does PVP - you will die alot if you encounter some veteran.

- Don't rely on Sneak like in Fallout games, you won't sneak around here unless it's over 200% atleast. 300% is recommended. Don't go for Sneaking characters if you're a newbie.

- Drugs are PERMAMENTLY addictive, don't take any Jet/Psycho or anything like that unless you have supplies of it. Once you take Psycho, you will be addicted forever, even if you take it accidentaly. For druggie character, I strongly recommend looking up some build; drugs are mainly for PVP.

- Don't make BoS/Enclave/Unity hostile unless you're farmed and you are going to farm their stuff.

- Get 10 Agillity, you will need those Action Points. Also avoid the trait 'Skilled' like cancer.

- If you encounter a locked vehicle - it belongs to some player, he just parked it there. You can attempt to lockpick it - but the guy will return for his car, and people that have cars, have weapons.

Wasteland is a harsh place, don't except that guy not to shoot you for that 10mm pistol you just looted.
However if you save some good guy's life, you might get yourself into some good faction, or gain good allies.
but shoot them anyway, people are bastards, bring your own friends

Anyway, those are just personal tips. I also recommend to check this out http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Advice_for_beginners

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me. Here or in PM or on Steam, doesn't matter.

Recreas

Sounds good, I tried FOnline but I always got killed by random russians or something, I never understood a damn about it in the slightest.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Knife_cz

Quote from: Recreas on 29-08-2013
Sounds good, I tried FOnline but I always got killed by random russians or something, I never understood a damn about it in the slightest.
Russians are gone for two years atleast, they been replaced by Polish people.
Or well don't know how it will be this session.

But yeah, I'll be honest - this game is kind of a love/hate. Alot of people love it, but alot of people hate it. Either you will get into it, or you will not.
I used to play this really alot, roaming with friends - but yeah, they left. So I also left. The more people, the more fun :^)

lolKieck

Polish people? Yeah. I hate these pricks. Even though I am polish.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Knife_cz

Also if we're going to make a Faction one day, here is the list of faction names.
You can't get custom one, I don't know why but..yeah, there's just this list and you gotta take one.
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/files/faction_list.txt
Don't mind the top 30, those are factions that have their name known across FOnline community.

My personal favorites are :
The Generic Ass Kickers
The Generic Ass Lickers
The Generic Badasses
The Generic Name Gang
The Junkie Council

But I heard there is also an option to ask on the official forums, and make a request to have your faction name added.

Recreas

Meh,

I like:
The Wise Rangers,
The Spanish Inquisition (Lol)
The Seven Rangers
The Gentlemen

But I guess I just have something with rangers and the like.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

lolKieck

Quote from: Recreas on 29-08-2013
The Spanish Inquisition (Lol)
Anyone expected that?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Knife_cz

Hotpocket

This scrub will play.

Knife_cz

Make sure to be ready for tomorrow. http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1.0 (Client download)
Launching the game before 31/8 will give you errors.

Edit ;
Edit2; August 31, 2013, 06:00:00 PM (Central European Time) is the launch.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Tom on 29-08-2013
I remember trying to make a faction with Ravanger, and Stickey (and some other guy I can't remeber who) and we had to make the Scrap fort but stickey wouldn't stop bitching about the amount of Junk we needed to collect so it never got built.
Also late response: Scrap fort sucks, 100% going for Depot :^)
(Junk is bitch to collect too)

Steven :D

i'll play even though i'm p. bad at the game.

Knife_cz

So yeah, the Full Client doesn't need any files from Fallout 2.
But you know, you should own it to play this 'legally'

Knife_cz

Well, it has started.
Appareantly there are some problems (Huh what a surprise), everybody is stuck in the loading screen. Mods say ' wait '

Join their IRC to be actual: http://chat.forestnet.org/?channels=reloaded

Recreas

Mh, I'm stuck on the loading screen too.

Knife_cz

Got into menu after about 10 minutes waiting. Making a character now.
Im in game. Nick : Knifecz

Spawned near Vault City, going to NCR.

Recreas

Not certain what build to take

nKe

Might actually try this again.
Didnt really have a fun experience last time I played, I just spawned somewhere, walked into a town and got shot by a russian robocop.

Knife_cz

Saw Recreas lifting boxes in Hub (Or he had atleast a very similiar name), sadly couldn't stop by to say hello because two bastards were trying to kill me.

I got 5000 caps now, given by a guy that found 30 000. I asked him nicely to share ;). Also I can craft Frag Grenades now.

Also if you're actually playing, write down your name in this thread - will ya? We will organise later, leveling on rats/mantis/bearpigs is easier to do alone.