FO3 - I hate this game.

Started by KillSlim, 28-12-2009

KillSlim

Bite me.

Honestly, I hate this game. I have it on PC, it feels and controls like a crappy console port. I've tried playing this game several times and I can't get anywhere progress or enjoyment-wise. Playing it feels like work, it's just horrible.
The closest game(s) to it that I enjoy is the Stalker trilogy, but still, Stalker and Fallout have some large gaps in similarities.

Can't believe I wasted around 30 GBP on this shite. I'd rather play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer on PC.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Steel

Serious question... Was you dropped on your head as a child?

KillSlim

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

PimpMasterJ

I had it on the Ecksbawkz and liked it, but after a while it got boring and repetitive. I got it for the computer, same results, only reason I still play is because of mods.

Silver Knight

First time i tried it (warez) u didn't like it very much, it was unique, but it wasn't that great, then i decided later on, screw it, ill give it another go. I fell in love with it, it's a fantastic game, just like Oblivion. Im yet to add a single mod to it, since im still playing through all the quests still.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Renegade

Last Exile you gotta download mods it makes the game epic

Steel

As far as im concerned, with all DLC's added... the games epic regardless, learn to appreciate the work thats gone into FO3.

odyseus

I kinda feel where youre at man. I got the game and I dont think it was all hyped up to be. I accidently beat the game and I was thought it was too short, so i loaded my last save and continued to do the side quests. Still havent finished it yet. I also think it gets repetetive after a while, and once you have all these super weapons its not much of a challenge anymore.

Steel

Yer your solution to that is attempt playing it on hard. Always makes games better.

Fluffy

Quote from: Wellington on 05-01-2010
Fantastic game. I've spent around 40 hours on it just doing side quests and exploring and it's just absolutely addictive. I'm only on "Scientific Pursuits" for the main quest.

Your a bit behind aren't you?

Chaos

Quote from: Fluffy on 06-01-2010
Quote from: Wellington on 05-01-2010
Fantastic game. I've spent around 40 hours on it just doing side quests and exploring and it's just absolutely addictive. I'm only on "Scientific Pursuits" for the main quest.

Your a bit behind aren't you?
I usually take my time on games, like first time playing SoC I did probably 10 side quests in Cordon.

Sickness

I actually felt the opposite, I felt that way on Oblivion, but FO3 impressed me a lot.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Khorn

Try the one rts styled mod. The one that lets you build a town. Makes it alot more fun.

Yuri Sergig

Cant wait for Fallout new vegas :D
Our lives begin to end the day

Lucidius

Agreed with Killslim, although I did enjoy it.

It feels like a terrible fail port, it's fucking sluggish in terms of movement, it's super repetative and the gimmics get old fast.

Aside from the fucked navigation and really dark areas with small switches (coughtrainstationcough), I liked it for some reason, dunno why.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Zen

I agree, i thought the graphics were going to be much better and the gameplay was really quite ODD they should i stuck with what Fallout 2 and 1 Had... Oh well Lets see what New Vegas has :D

lolKieck

Quote from: JFDIzen007 on 17-04-2010
I agree, i thought the graphics were going to be much better and the gameplay was really quite ODD they should i stuck with what Fallout 2 and 1 Had... Oh well Lets see what New Vegas has :D

New Vegas is going to be like FO3.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

meetdadoom

I have to agree fallout 3 sucks. First of all Bethesda (in my opinion) fucked up the fallout story. Second when I heard fallout 3 was coming out at the time i was thinking of it being like good ol fallout 1 and 2 and tactics. No this one you are almost no completly but almost overpowered with the bethesda version of vats and the game feels more like work like you said. Also the animation really sucks and Bethesda should just go back to making elder scrolls.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Plunger

I have to agree, I've played both, and it works so much better on console where the control mapping is actually easy.

Delta

Quote from: Khorn on 03-03-2010
Try the one rts styled mod. The one that lets you build a town. Makes it alot more fun.

OH OH I KNOW THAT! :D

Tsukaro

I think it really depends on how you yourself set up the controls. I set mine up to be like Garry's Mod controls, and that made it a lot more lovable for me.

RG4ORDR

er

meetdadoom

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 27-06-2010
Play fallout 2

BEST FALLOUT GAME EVER!!!! I love that game so much. I especailly love what they did where you can be really stupid but have amazing dilouge options if your charisma was up. I don't think they really played around with being stupid and hacing cool dilouge options in the first one because I still remember going ugh..... however I do remember the BoS being sympathetic giving me some pills so I don't die....maybe that was the charisma playing.....

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]