Fallout Online - FOnline2 starts at 25.10.2014 Join !

Started by Wejstlander, 08-10-2014

Wejstlander

FOnline 2 is a "Fallout Online" post-apocalyptic MMORPG game, based on legendary Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 RPGs.
It's a free non-profit project using FOnline Engine.

Join at 25.10.2014, 20:00 GMT+1!

Download FOnline 2: http://fonline2.com/en/game/download-fonline-2/
Visit our website http://fonline2.com/ and register on game forum http://forum.fonline2.com/ in order to get more information.
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fonline2

TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1blZ73tDlI&list=UUYDgw2q1XmnUClUSmcIV9KA

NEW SESSION TEASER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9mit5i5hA&list=UUYDgw2q1XmnUClUSmcIV9KA

Experience the original Fallout vibe in the MMO environment, roam trough radiated wasteland, fight with mutants, riders and other players.

In this game, you can:

- Experience the dramatic story through the main quest line and many side-quests.
- Create your own character from many balanced classes and enjoy intense PvP in fights over control of the towns and many other occasions...
- Become a member of the Enclave and participate in restoring United States' lost glory...
- Or join the Brotherhood of Steel and fight to preserve the balance in the Core Region.
- You can also avoid taking sides and be about your own business playing in a seperate, player-created faction.
- Get a profession, gather resources and craft variety of items.
- Join one of the caravans traversing the wastes, and make a living as a caravan guard... or earn money as a trader by establishing your own shop in one of many cities.
- Hunt bandits, raiders, mutants and other foes, or kill other players and take their belongings.
- Explore the dungeons and the immense world by wandering through the irradiated deserts, old warehouses, city ruins, abandoned Vaults and other mysterious places... or buy yourself a vehicle to cross the Wasteland faster and safer.
- Establish a base, and invite your friends to unite your forces.
- Play as a peaceful, law abiding citizen, or a villanous crook in a player driven city - Shady Sands, the capital of the New California Republic, run by NCR Rangers - player driven faction. But watch out, as all your actions have their consequences...
- Take part in exciting global events, and carefully designed Game Master driven events.

Join FOnline2, tell your friends about it and have fun together!

jaik

lol leave the theory out

fonline always comes down to having an army of alts. an alt for crafting medicine, armor, weapons, demolition, taxi, alts for every single most efficient weapons, etc etc.

to really experience pvp without feeling outright disappointed you have to join one of the strongest player factions to get infinite weapons/armor/caps because they usually rack up literally billions by simply placing money into bank and suck off that interest

if you're solo or want to ply with a group of friends, then you might as well as quit right now unless youre planning to join one of the giant factions since you will ALWAYS get your ass handed to you by the bigger factions. everything favors the big players only.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

FOnline 2 is shit, go for Reloaded.

KAM

Quote from: Jake on 08-10-2014
lol leave the theory out

fonline always comes down to having an army of alts. an alt for crafting medicine, armor, weapons, demolition, taxi, alts for every single most efficient weapons, etc etc.

to really experience pvp without feeling outright disappointed you have to join one of the strongest player factions to get infinite weapons/armor/caps because they usually rack up literally billions by simply placing money into bank and suck off that interest

if you're solo or want to ply with a group of friends, then you might as well as quit right now unless youre planning to join one of the giant factions since you will ALWAYS get your ass handed to you by the bigger factions. everything favors the big players only.

Your post proves that you probably played FOnline: 2238.

FOnline 2 is not 2238 (Although story wise it starts in that year too^^).

Alts: The development is steadily going toward a one alt gameplay, meaning you can do all of the things you mention to an acceptable extent with only one character. Alting only becomes neccessary at the point you take a specific role in team combat. But any combat alt can at least taxi 3 players and craft all craftable items himself.
I have played the first two seasons and I'd say right now it's possible to be a very successful player with not more than 3 alts.

PvP: What you are saying is only partially true, since in FO2 the range of PvP-related activities has been expanded a lot. Sure, there are the top-tier dungeons and they will most likely get camped by the large gangs, but those dungeons are designed for large groups anyway. Smaller groups will get their chances in many small random events and lower tier dungeons. It also can be expected that there will be instanced pure PvE quests for small groups. So there is enough room for everyone.
Even solo play is possible, but since this is supposed to be a multiplayer game, don't expect everyone can be a freaking Mad Max Rambo King of the World.

Quote from: Knife_cz on 08-10-2014

Reloaded on the other hand is pretty much like Jake's description. I won't start a server war on an external forum, but.. yeah. Screw Reloaded XD

jaik

Quote from: KAM on 20-10-2014
lol leave the theory out

Alts: The development is steadily going toward a one alt gameplay, meaning you can do all of the things you mention to an acceptable extent with only one character. Alting only becomes neccessary at the point you take a specific role in team combat. But any combat alt can at least taxi 3 players and craft all craftable items himself.
I have played the first two seasons and I'd say right now it's possible to be a very successful player with not more than 3 alts.

PvP: What you are saying is only partially true, since in FO2 the range of PvP-related activities has been expanded a lot. Sure, there are the top-tier dungeons and they will most likely get camped by the large gangs, but those dungeons are designed for large groups anyway. Smaller groups will get their chances in many small random events and lower tier dungeons. It also can be expected that there will be instanced pure PvE quests for small groups. So there is enough room for everyone.
Even solo play is possible, but since this is supposed to be a multiplayer game, don't expect everyone can be a freaking Mad Max Rambo King of the World.

Reloaded on the other hand is pretty much like Jake's description. I won't start a server war on an external forum, but.. yeah. Screw Reloaded XD

I'm surprised you actually joined to participate in the thread.

You're right, I played FO2238 countless times and regretted it after each time I had tried it. I even played the original FOnline by cvet and that was just...weird.

Anyhow, I remember how after playing solo/in a group of 3-5 friends for years with only two characters, one of them being a thief-taxi and the other being crafter/heavy weapons. I also had numerous characters in between but they are not as relevant. When our little group subsided completely, I decided to do something new and joined my friend's giant faction and every single most valuable item related to my specialization was handed to me in a matter of seconds. When the leader showed me his tent, which was thronged with massive wealth, multitude of vehicles and endless rows of expensive items, was the moment I finally realized that progression in this game meant practically nothing and you were going to be treated like shit by others anyway. The elitist community didn't help it at all, or I might've stayed purely because of the collective if it wasn't so terrible and littered with faction drama, which funnily enough, was pretty similar to your everyday GMod RP drama that occurred here daily in the same manner. The only difference being that HGNers lacked a vocabulary for Russian curse words.

I doubt I'll ever set foot into a FOnline server especially because of the community, which shares similar (passive-)aggressive attitudes on every server. I didn't play FOnline:R, but their IRC was full of dicks who were looking for the smallest reason to pick a fight with someone they disagreed with.

I project my experience onto FOnline2, yes, but so far I haven't seen anything that really sets it apart from the rest and I don't blame the devs if that's what people like about the game.

KAM

Quote from: Jake on 20-10-2014
[spoiler]
lol leave the theory out

[/spoiler]

I'm surprised you actually joined to participate in the thread.

You're right, I played FO2238 countless times and regretted it after each time I had tried it. I even played the original FOnline by cvet and that was just...weird.

Anyhow, I remember how after playing solo/in a group of 3-5 friends for years with only two characters, one of them being a thief-taxi and the other being crafter/heavy weapons. I also had numerous characters in between but they are not as relevant. When our little group subsided completely, I decided to do something new and joined my friend's giant faction and every single most valuable item related to my specialization was handed to me in a matter of seconds. When the leader showed me his tent, which was thronged with massive wealth, multitude of vehicles and endless rows of expensive items, was the moment I finally realized that progression in this game meant practically nothing and you were going to be treated like shit by others anyway. The elitist community didn't help it at all, or I might've stayed purely because of the collective if it wasn't so terrible and littered with faction drama, which funnily enough, was pretty similar to your everyday GMod RP drama that occurred here daily in the same manner. The only difference being that HGNers lacked a vocabulary for Russian curse words.

I doubt I'll ever set foot into a FOnline server especially because of the community, which shares similar (passive-)aggressive attitudes on every server. I didn't play FOnline:R, but their IRC was full of dicks who were looking for the smallest reason to pick a fight with someone they disagreed with.

I project my experience onto FOnline2, yes, but so far I haven't seen anything that really sets it apart from the rest and I don't blame the devs if that's what people like about the game.

Surprised? Why? I am just on a tour thru the net checking out how the publicity effords of some of the players go and to support them here and there with my totally biased opinion.^^

Anyway,  onto the point of wealth and "progression". Instead of letting myself get discouraged by the seemingly invincible big players, I'd look at it like this: If I have to fight hard for everything, because my group is small and our time is limited, doesn't that give every little bit of progress and possessions earned even more value? And doesn't it also add to the exitement, because loosing stuff in such a situation will hurt more? It's easier to be part of some big gang, sure, so take it as a challenge. There is nothing better than winning against those elitist assholes you mention;) There are actually many "professional" players who resign from those gangs and form smaller squads, because they are as annoyed as you by the immaturity there.

Yes, I agree, there is a lot of shit floating around in this community, but also many ways to deal with that. One is to find people who have a mindset of sportsmanship. Another is to simply get better and make those idiots need for e-peen competitions end in total agony.

I can say one thing that sets apart FO2 from the rest. There are much more nice people already many oldies grew up and a new generation of players is rolling in and here it comes: It's up to the mature acting oldies to ensure they don't become such dickheads as well, another challenge, a great one that goes beyond just playing a game.
I can name another thing that definitely sets FO2 apart. It is the RP-friendliest FOnline so far. Devs support RP,even make specific features for RP projects. Doesn't mean that there are no trolls of course, but the stuff that happened in season 2 would have never been possible on any other FO-server.

jaik

Surprised? Why? I am just on a tour thru the net checking out how the publicity effords of some of the players go and to support them here and there with my totally biased opinion.^^

Anyway,  onto the point of wealth and "progression". Instead of letting myself get discouraged by the seemingly invincible big players, I'd look at it like this: If I have to fight hard for everything, because my group is small and our time is limited, doesn't that give every little bit of progress and possessions earned even more value? And doesn't it also add to the exitement, because loosing stuff in such a situation will hurt more? It's easier to be part of some big gang, sure, so take it as a challenge. There is nothing better than winning against those elitist assholes you mention;) There are actually many "professional" players who resign from those gangs and form smaller squads, because they are as annoyed as you by the immaturity there.

Yes, I agree, there is a lot of shit floating around in this community, but also many ways to deal with that. One is to find people who have a mindset of sportsmanship. Another is to simply get better and make those idiots need for e-peen competitions end in total agony.

I can say one thing that sets apart FO2 from the rest. There are much more nice people already many oldies grew up and a new generation of players is rolling in and here it comes: It's up to the mature acting oldies to ensure they don't become such dickheads as well, another challenge, a great one that goes beyond just playing a game.
I can name another thing that definitely sets FO2 apart. It is the RP-friendliest FOnline so far. Devs support RP,even make specific features for RP projects. Doesn't mean that there are no trolls of course, but the stuff that happened in season 2 would have never been possible on any other FO-server.

Because the forum is rather dead and we rarely get anyone new people in here these days, but anyway...

You're correct. The difficulty that the player is burdened with when one decides not to become part of a larger dominating faction is indeed challenging in a good way...until the excitement of getting ravaged eventually wears off. It especially will bring one conclusively down when one finds out how meager are the accomplishments of a single player when you join a faction. P90? CA mk2? Infinite caps? Here you go, bro. Now shoot up our opponents who also have endless resources.

Don't know about your community, but from what I've experienced in general, the idiots will eventually overwhelm you, so I think the hopeless quest to fight an idiotic majority will inevitably result in a bigger disappointment.

I believe something similar was often said on FO2238 forums as well - that the bigger players shouldn't condition newbies to the poisonous attitude we all have come to know. I don't think that worked out too well. Not to say that I haven't met nice people on FO. It's just that these kind of people:

outnumber these ones:

(he dies at the end, but you get the point)

Nice to hear that RP is attempted, at the very least. FO2238 had some cool NCR and Vault RP concepts but there were some chronic issues with it.

KAM

Quote from: Jake on 20-10-2014
Because the forum is rather dead and we rarely get anyone new people in here these days, but anyway...

Ahk, didn't really pay attention to that. Hope some ppl will read it anyway.

QuoteYou're correct. The difficulty that the player is burdened with when one decides not to become part of a larger dominating faction is indeed challenging in a good way...until the excitement of getting ravaged eventually wears off. It especially will bring one conclusively down when one finds out how meager are the accomplishments of a single player when you join a faction. P90? CA mk2? Infinite caps? Here you go, bro. Now shoot up our opponents who also have endless resources.
I guess it's a matter of attitude then. Who says you have to play like those people? Who says you need to be the richest best geared mofos in the game? Most important is that you have fun and having tons of gear you never will use up in a lifetime isn't as much fun as one might think. Fact is that those big gangs just get bored faster, because they rushed to the top and then have nothing left to play for. For a while they start just joining forces into bigger alliances for bigger battles. And then a most interesting phase can begin: They leave and make room for the smaller gangs.

One good example: At some point I met a player who was leader of a gang of around 6-7 guys. I have never seen them before in the game. Turned out all they did was roaming the wastes to hunt down players with negative karma. And that with, well, moderate success ;) And that with most crappy gear. They were poor as shit. I tried to convince them to at least go farm some materials, some equipment. Build up a bit instead of living from hand to mouth. Did they listen to me? Nope. They had enough fun with that hamstering-free playstyle and showed me how much diversity in gameplay awaits you as soon as you lay off those idealistic views on how to play and what fun is.
As soon as you disregard the classic "I need to get the best stuff, I need to own the most shit, I need to pwn everyone else"-attitude.
It's not LOL or CS or whatever and this is what makes this game great. It more and more develops into a direction of total freedom. But you have to give it a chance and try different approaches and that freedom of course comes at a cost.

QuoteDon't know about your community, but from what I've experienced in general, the idiots will eventually overwhelm you, so I think the hopeless quest to fight an idiotic majority will inevitably result in a bigger disappointment.
Again a matter of attitude ...and persistence. The quest isn't hopeless. Tedious at times, yes, but not hopeless. The positive result from persistently pursuing that goal of forming a mature nice community is that you get to know the good guys even better and the constant struggle against the idiots actually creates most interesting constellations and unspoken bonds. You could say another form of elitism arises from it and you start to feel good about what you do, even if you fail often.

QuoteI believe something similar was often said on FO2238 forums as well - that the bigger players shouldn't condition newbies to the poisonous attitude we all have come to know. I don't think that worked out too well. Not to say that I haven't met nice people on FO. It's just that these kind of people:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
outnumber these ones:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The russian-related cartoons are hilarious:) Well, here's the thing: That specific type of player (bot using, cheating, fastrelogging, backstabbing, sadistic, (mostly) russian) actually is a minority on FO2. In Season 2 there were 2 gangs that acted that way and they soon met massive counter-measures by all sorts of players. They will of course try their shit again and again every Season, but they don't last that long. More annoying are the die hard competitive ones, that spend as much time PvPing as they spend on jerking off to their precious screenshots afterwards.XD

QuoteNice to hear that RP is attempted, at the very least. FO2238 had some cool NCR and Vault RP concepts but there were some chronic issues with it.
RP on FOnline seems almost futile looking at the conditions it has to develop in and here also many give up at some point, but not everyone:)

I hope you give it another chance. If not then it's okay too^^ In the end it's just another game and we all could use our time for more relevant stuff in life, I guess:)