End of the line for battlefield

Started by Silver Knight, 24-03-2012

Silver Knight

I recently bought battlefield 3 via origin in their spring sale. I used to be a  big fan of battlefield, i liked bad company 2 even though it was missing a few things. But battlefield 3, well, how can i wrap it up in a few words?

It's utter rubbish, it's very unbalanced, the maps are poorly made and if i could i would get a refund i would, but well, that's not going to happen. No, why is it so bad?

Well, besides that any new player has a huge dis-advantage against people with the best snipers, rifles and mortars (Yes, you can get raped by mortars even in cover) I have truely spent more time dying than any other activity, you cannot poke your head out to attack people without getting instantly killed, it makes me wonder if half the players playing have some form of wallhack or esp to know exactly where you are or magical telepathy powers.

Either way battlefield 3 is just a game with no real "team-effort". In bad company you felt for the least part, part of a team, rush was a very good introduction but in battlefield 3 the point of defending something that you actually don't have much chance of reaching to defend doesn't happen often. The maps are so poorly made that hardly anything in the game is destructable. In bad company 2 most things were able to be completely destroyed, in this game a few walls and bits trees can be destroyed.

Nothing will save the battlefield series or battlefield 3 now, no modding tools means there isn't a chance of having a mod like project reality so it's very much done for. I will not be buying another battlefield game, battlefield was the better  game compared to modern warfare and now they are both on equal par with modern warfare having the better campaign.

So, well that's it. EA destroy another game by simplifing it and fucking over the community with the console-lazy ass ways.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ket

I miss BC2. Fuck Origin

Who owns BC2 so we can form a clan and play?
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

INA7HAN

Battlefield bad company 2: Vietnam that was where the fun was at

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Bl★ck Star

Silver Knight it's not only BF3 it's every damn FPS these days that has a lvl up system and you get instakilled by everyone, that's why I am not playing those anymore really.

Paintcheck

Bad Company 2 was awful also. When you got into a game with 2 good teams going at it it was really fun but that never happened because 99% of the time teams would be composed of 2194912491 recon sitting at spawn and sniping to protect their precious kill/death ratio instead of playing the fucking game. Though at least the rifles were somewhat balanced as the AEK 971 I know was very good statewise compared to lots of the later unlocks as was the XM8 which was the 1st ar unlock iirc. I remember BF2 had issues with unbalanced weapons, the fucking PKM was the only gun you ever needed

As much as COD does a lot of things wrong (no PC love, no dedicated servers, rampant hacking, delayed patches) it does a good job of balancing the weapons better (for the most part). In MW1 the first few rifles you unlock/start with were competitive (hell I remember using the M16 at max level because it was so good), I don't know about MW2 or Black Ops but I've heard nothing about imbalance from my console-playing friends about those two games and MW3, despite everything else it does wrong, has plenty of competitive guns available from the start (including the FMG 9 which are probably the most horribly imbalanced weapons I have ever seen in a video game ever though at least you get them at level 4 so everyone can use them). If we could get Dice's PC support with COD's weapon balance things would be better. 

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-03-2012
(hell I remember using the M16 at max level because it was so good) 

M16 + Grenade launcher all the way :DDD

jaik

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 24-03-2012

noobtube
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Jake on 24-03-2012
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 24-03-2012

noobtube

Who cares it's funny to play ^^

Overwatch

Sounds like you suck exile <3

BF3 Beginner SVD - 1 Headshot 1 kill, takes two chest shots to kill 'em
50.Cal rifle - 1 headshot 1 kill, like, 40 levels of a difference. Takes two chest shots to kill 'em

And I had a killing spree ratio of 184k/37d in a tank <3

Dragon

The game died after Battlefield 2. Through all the bunny-hopping, drop-shotting and the rest of the usual shit, it was a brilliant game. Bad Company was just a fucking let-down and Battlefield 3 has made me want to toss my consoles out of the window for ruining such a good line of games.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Paintcheck

BF2 was terrible also.

Any game where to be competitive I have to bind a key on my mouse to go prone so I can dolphin dive with my 25 pound PKM machine gun (that has unlimited ammo and grenades because of how the support class ammo resupply works) and spam grenades everywhere is not a good game.

EDIT: Terrible might be too harsh but it was definitely not one of my favorite games. While it definitely broke some new ground in combined arms and squad based gameplay the actual gameplay was disappointing.

Khorn

I still like 2142 the most.

Frostee

INA7HAN

2142 is awsome imo. I liked the titan assault mode it was really fun, i played it for a while and unlocked the carbine for the sniper because he has the explosives.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

deluxulous

Quote from: INA7HAN on 24-03-2012
Battlefield bad company 2: Vietnam that was where the fun was at

That was absolute SHIT. I got tired after a week of playing because of all of the fucking recon douchecanoes and horribly designed maps

Lucidius

Reasons I hate Battlefield: Bad Company 2:

1) EA's 'support':

BC2 for PC will never receive all the DLC that was received on the consoles because they completely dropped support to make other titles. That alone speaks volumes of how supportive of their titles they are and how much they care about the game's community

2) Punkbuster

When it isn't kicking you for no reason or banning you for detecting hacks you dont have, it can also be the source of FPS problems due to requiring a consistant internet connection.

3) Game Balance

a) Destructable Enviroments
For SOME REASON they decided that making the terrain fully destructable to a point in BC2 was a good idea and it was a key selling point for the series. THIS HAS NO PLACE IN A BATTLEFIELD GAME. In the rush mode you can destory m-comms from across the map while being 100% safe from enemy fire. This is insanely cheap because it requires that the defending team attack the defending team to prevent this from happening. The defenders have limited map movement so that makes it near impossible to make people camping and sniping M-comms stop.

In all game modes, this also poses as a huge balance issue because people will often times just level all the buildings in the map, providing both teams with little to no cover. Why is this a balance problem? Because it makes playing the game hard due to snipers being able to harrass you from any given area due to a lack of cover. It provides medics with little cover to recoup from said snipers or to revive teamates. It makes taking flags or planting/disarming m-comms nigh impossible because again, snipers. It ruins the core gameplay elements by turning the map into the Olympian Games: Sniper Edition.

b) Weapon Balance/Vehicle/Perk Balance:

The weapons balance is terrible. Throw magnum ammo on anything to be able to shoot through walls and snipe people from across the map. Almost every weapon in the game is a reskin of another. Example: All pump shotguns have the same damage/accuracy/everything as eachother, exept the neostead which reloads two shells at a time, making it just better in every way. All Auto-shotties have the same damage, accuracy, etc exept one is full auto. When you load the shotguns with slugs they turn into snipers of the same fire rate. Pump shotguns with slugs have the same damage value as most bolt action snipers and use sniper bullets. Auto-shtoties have the same damage as the semi-auto snipers and use sniper bullets. the F2000 is an AEK with more damage and accuracy, that's about it. The SCAR-L is a 9a-91 with more ammo. The VSS is an inaccurate SCAR-L. I could go on and on about how there are less and less weapon choices because unlocks are literal upgrades.

LMG's are really shitty assualt rifles. Everything is overly accuracy meaning you can snipe people efficiantly with SMG/Carbines, LMG's, AR's, Pistols, etc. Launchers aren't balanced because you can just use Explosives MK2 with the Gustav to do more damage then the RPG-7 and reload quicker, and the shells move quicker, making it a straight upgrade anyways (on top of having a larger blast radius and more damage vs. infantry).

Perks go hand in hand with the retarded and broken gameplay of BC2. Helicopters can shit out flares faster then you can reload your tracer gun and have unlimited ammo. AA guns are placed too far away for them to be useful. The only time they need to retreat is to repair, meaning they can stay in the action for far TOO long. Tank crews can generally repair a bit faster then engineers can shoot and reload, mounted weapons are useless because of destructable terrain. Generally the mounted fortifications are taken out within the first 30 seconds of a match because the enemy team has a helo or a tank and they just need to fart in the general direction of a mounted gun for the terrain it's attached to to be destroyed. They are unattainable after that, menaing the defending team is permanently crippled and can be crippled from the attacker's spawn in most cases. #BALANCE

4) Consolization:

Alot of problems in the PC game like over-accurized guns and such arn't as much of a problem in the console versions because the game is way less responsive for aiming. The game is just slower paced on the consoles because of that and the engagement ranges are alot lower aswell.

Another issue is the lack of graphical customization. the Built in HDR Lighting is a major game killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LCTkP6K4omM#t=70s

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lewsi/screenshot/470863048412660043?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lewsi/screenshot/470863048412664005?tab=public

^ If you adjust the brightness to a comphortable level, as soon as you zoom in everything gets a shitload brighter, built in brightness adjustment is lame as fuck and makes playing the game difficult. There's also several lighting issue srelated to looking into a building and the inside being completely black and there is too much dust/brightness in alot of maps, making you feel snow blind/sand blind all the time and it affects the gameplay alot. Wouldn't be so bad if they gave you a graphics adjustment system instead of "Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High" and that's it. Even after editing the graphical settings config you still can't disable HDR lighting.

I can write one about 2142 even though I enjoy it alot more then BC2 and I could probably write one about 1942 even though I havn't played it online.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

jaik

this my battlefield experience

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Bad company 2 sucked.
Bf3 sucked.

Bf2 is best Battlefield game so far because it requires more skill than luck.
Alot of you might disagree with me, but i just love competitive games.
Bf1942 was just awesome.

And i'm all honest with this, i literally built a new PC just so i could play BF3, played it for... 56 hours total? (wow quite damn much, actually).
And all i can say is... blahh.
They sure might have some badass graphics and shit like that, but where's the gameplay?
Why i have to use web browser to join a game?
Why the weaponbalance is so_fucking_bad?

Paintcheck

Lucidius you forgot to mention the hit box issues where the box doesn't move with the model causing all sorts of frustration trying to hit a moving target when the hit box is actually behind where the model is.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Nik3 on 27-03-2012
Bad company 2 sucked.
Bf3 sucked.

Bf2 is best Battlefield game so far because it requires more skill than luck.
Alot of you might disagree with me, but i just love competitive games.
Bf1942 was just awesome.

And i'm all honest with this, i literally built a new PC just so i could play BF3, played it for... 56 hours total? (wow quite damn much, actually).
And all i can say is... blahh.
They sure might have some badass graphics and shit like that, but where's the gameplay?
Why i have to use web browser to join a game?
Why the weaponbalance is so_fucking_bad?

I like the the web-browser idea, that way i don't have to play with the crappy ui and can do other stuff while the game is loading.

Dug

Battlefield 2: Project Reality, is the way to go.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Dug on 28-03-2012

It's good however i really wish bad company 2\ bf3 could have had a PR mod.

Knife_cz

What about Battlefield 2142 :D?

nKe

Quote from: Dug on 28-03-2012

I used to play BF2 competitively quite much before i got bored and started playing Project Reality, damn how i love that mod.
We should play PR someday, but sadly i lost my BF2 CD-Key, so i have to buy another copy :S