Duke Nukem Forever

Started by Silver Knight, 06-04-2010

Silver Knight

General Information:
Duke Nukem Forever is a first-person shooter video game that was in development since 1997 by the software developer 3D Realms. It is a sequel to the 1996 game Duke Nukem 3D, as part of the long-running Duke Nukem video game series. The game's development was directed by George Broussard, one of the creators of the original Duke Nukem game. Intended to be groundbreaking, it became infamous for its severely-protracted development schedule. The game has been the subject of much speculation, and has frequently been referred to as vaporware.

Development on Duke Nukem Forever (DNF) was first publicly announced in April 1997, and promotional information for the game was released in one form or another in each of 1997, 1998, 2001, 2007, and 2008. After repeatedly announcing and deferring release dates for the game, 3D Realms announced publicly in 2001 that DNF would be released simply "when it's done". Although Take-Two Interactive still owns the publishing rights to the game, they do not have an agreement with 3D Realms to provide funding for the game's continued development, and its future remains unclear. In 2009, Take-Two Interactive filed a lawsuit against 3D Realms over their failure to finish development of the game.

Platforms & Release Dates:

Duke Nukem has been in development since 1997, and has just recently lost the support of publisher "Take-Two" so it's unclear when if ever it will be finished or if it's still being worked on privately.

"When It's Done"

Media:

Video's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pr3mT2TOo4&feature=player_embedded#

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bl★ck Star

This game is still worked on ?

this game got delayed from release more times then Diablo III did i dont think this will come out this year maybe next one.

deluxulous

Didn't this get pulled a while ago?

Oh, it looks pretty pathetic anyways.

Zstan

I thought this game got canceled...

Akira

Quote from: Zstan on 06-04-2010
I thought this game got canceled...

Never canceled. They just kept working on it, realised that they were too slow and the other games have a much better graphic and engine, improved it, realised that they were too slow.. BLAH BLAH BLAH

-> Catched in a doom loop

Zen

Looks like it's going to be epic :D

Megaqgzqgz

3dRealms is still in a Lawsuit with 2k games. Theres a rumor that they are taking the games current state and renaming it. Ive seen a picture of a level with a guy that looks like enemy leader from GI Joe.

kisftw

I love Duke Nukem so much. But whoever did the voice acting in the vid wasn't the real Duke, and it sucked.

Plunger

Quote from: kisftw on 20-06-2010
I love Duke Nukem so much. But whoever did the voice acting in the vid wasn't the real Duke, and it sucked.
STOP Post Whore Necro'ing or it's a temp ban.

Lucidius

Quote from: Alucard on 20-06-2010
Quote from: kisftw on 20-06-2010
STOP Post Whore Necro'ing or it's a temp ban.
Females are above your silly internet laws.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/748-Duke-Nukem-Forever
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

commanthe2

I never knew duke was a loner. He has the radiation symbol on his hand and is wearing brown. Maybe all the aliens are from the CNPP.

Bl★ck Star

Heard Valve is now making Duke Nukem Forever

Pawx

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 22-06-2010
Heard Valve is now making Duke Nukem Forever

It's a stupid Rumor, And if it does happen, I would lose all faith in EP3...

bto

What ever happened to the old story Charactors of the game eh?
Freedom all day BITCHES!