Should I buy RO2, or Pripyat

Please tell me.

Paintcheck

Pripyat probably.

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bucky

Pripyat + Misery Mod. Do not change the difficult at all.

Dragon

Having both of these games, I am going to take the liberty of pointing you in the direction of Call of Pripyat.
RO2 has enough new players by the day as it is, too many bloody assaults who can't hit shit without spraying their weapon. We don't need more.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Madcombat

Quote from: Headcrabs on 19-02-2012

Having both of these games, I am going to take the liberty of pointing you in the direction of Call of Pripyat.
RO2 has enough new players by the day as it is, too many bloody assaults who can't hit shit without spraying their weapon. We don't need more.

^ Thinking about yourself and not the enjoyment of Cake ^

It depends what experiance you are looking for, your looking at a Single playergame and a Multiplayer game.  If your after a game full of mystery and a tweek of horror and action to it, go for Pripyat.  If you want a game all full out crying in battle while yelling "JIMMY!" only to pick up your own limb then get RO2.  Theres alot more potential with Pripyat due to the mods though so I advise Pripyat.

Dragon

Quote from: Madcombat on 20-02-2012
Quote from: Headcrabs on 19-02-2012

^ Thinking about yourself and not the enjoyment of Cake ^

Completely missed the context of the post from someone who has actually played it. Let me put it into a new context since you got upset about how I worded my post, both for Madcombat and anyone else.

Most new people who play Red Orchestra 2 constantly bitch about the assault classes who spray away and don't give new players a chance to so much as even think before their groin is put into red condition from a mixture of PPSh-41 and MP-40 bullets riveting it from both sides.

The common-or-garden player is going to play it like everyone else seeing as that's the easiest way to win, which makes it less fun for other people, and in the end: even yourself seeing as you are just going to be playing the same maps over and over whilst squandering for the assault class without so much as batting an eyebrow at any class that is actually useful (ALA Squad Leader and/or Commander)

I don't know if Cake is going to go down that path or whether he will actually try something else like the Rifleman, Elite Rifleman or MG class. (Unique ones which actually require a thoughtful mind to do anything useful with, and are entertaining to play if you do it right).
I'm assuming that he will probably just hop on assault like the rest of the godforsaken bandwagon that is the horde of new players. I'm speaking for myself here because this assault horde, although easy to dismiss in some cases, can be an absolute pain in the ass. RO2 as a whole doesn't need more people to follow that dark path.

Oh, and RO2 has little to no singleplayer value. It's just multiplayer, thought I'd throw that in there.

And that's why I'm pointing him in the direction of Call of Pripyat. However, even then: Play it on Master, play it Vanilla the first time around. After your first playthrough, mod it as per your heart's desire and play away even more, because it's a damn fine game.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"