Darkfall

Started by RAPTOR, 20-09-2009

RAPTOR

Darkfall is the Next Generation massively multiplayer online role playing game that combines Real Time Action and Strategy in a fantasy setting.

Adventure/Explore

Enjoy the largest seamless, zoneless and un-instanced MMORPG world ever created. Explore five continents, countless small islands, trackless underwater depths, and a sprawling underworld. Hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas await. It takes many hours to simply travel from one end of the world to the other.
You can reach any location in the world; there are no invisible barriers anywhere. Everything you see is within your reach. You can walk/run, Jump, crouch, swim, dive, climb. Travel freely by mount, ship, on a vehicle or by magical means. Darkfall features fully player controlled mounts, ships and boats and vehicles.

PVP

There are no safe zones, there's PvP everywhere, and there's also full looting. Anarchy is prevented by realm defenses and an alignment system which encourages aggression along racial lines. You have the freedom to follow the rules, or to break them and face the consequences. Darkfall's freedom with accountability affords you more freedom of action than in any MMORPG you've played before.
Play the game as a solo player that fears nothing and nobody, battling to survive alone on Agon. Team up with players and create a group or a clan and wage war on other groups or clans. Become a legendary and sought after crafter. Every player has the opportunity to choose a path, without limitations.

Build a Empire

Some of the largest MMOG battles of all time are happening in Darkfall every day. Darkfall is optimized for both player vs. player and for massive battles. Enjoy fighting epic battles featuring hundreds and even thousands of participants.The action in Darkfall is real-time and fast paced. You're in the thick of the action, not merely observing it. There's no automatic aiming, you need to aim your attacks. You need to actively fight your opponents and this is how individual player skill comes into play.
Clans contest towns, territory, strategic objectives, resources and struggle for supremacy and survival in wars with real causes, real rewards, and real consequences. Your victories are tangible and are documented for posterity and success is measurable, so you'll never have to wonder what really happened.
Friendly fire and collision detection make battle formations, battlefield selection, training, and organization crucial. In Darkfall, smaller and more organized groups can finally take on larger ones.

Become a Legend

When you play Darkfall, you take part in a constantly evolving, world-spanning storyline. Your reputation will precede you and your fame will grow through clan victories and individual achievements. Whether you're a fearless fighter, a respected leader, a persuasive politician, or a skilled artisan, you will get the recognition you deserve. In Darkfall your deeds are recorded and chronicled as you become a part of world history.
Work your way up the clan hierarchy, gain rank and evolve from being a clan leader to an alliance leader and watch your decisions and actions influence thousands. Your rank and clan are visible for all to see.
As a crafter you will have your name associated with the items you create so players and clans will know of you and could seek you out for your services.
Your accomplishments are documented in the Hall of Fame for all to see.

Video's
Old 2008 Trailer*Showing some Gameplay Footage(many things have improved)
Darkfall gameplay trailer part 6of 6

My video's
Having Fun
[Terrorize] Having Fun

Ambush
[Terrorize] Ambush!

Defending SweetWater
[Terrorize] SweetWater Defence

Ganking a Bloodstone member
[Terrorize] Gank #1
I for one play the game and enjoy it

for more info check here
http://www.darkfallonline.com/index.html

FREE TRIAL HAS BEEN RELEASED!
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=236450
to mostly prevent people from hacking the trial is 1 dollar, kinda like the wow trial but you pay 2 dollar with the cd.

or click my link in my sig so i get reffered.
I chill quite often.

Lucidius

I'm not one for MMORPG PVP, looks interesting for some one who would be but not feeling it.

Looks very well done though.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

woodfin

Dammit not one time pay. is it really worthwhile for 15 bucks on this.   

RAPTOR

Yeah its worth it.
What aint worth a 12 year old pming you that he's gonna kick your ass after you pwned him and his mates in a 3v1.
Dumbasses all hit eachother while i blocked.
I chill quite often.

Tunddruff

Ill stick to EVE thanks

woodfin

But like I hear stuff like most clans like 18+ and pvp is clans are half the fun.

RAPTOR

Nah woodfin there are major pvp clans and starter clans.
You can join Imperil that was a starter clan then i moved onto The Crimson Skulls
Luckily we are a alliance so if you join imperil we could still hang out.
I chill quite often.

woodfin

I guess I may get it but theres some things that see major problems like if you die you can be looted.   

Silver Knight

1. Unless the MMORPG has real Hitboxes, it sucks.
2. Physics, Graphics and Gameplay are required to make up a proper game.
3. Storyline doesn't go a miss.

Deadfall has neither of them, i played on Nails account awhile back, it's a terrible game, shoddy work in all sectors, it's another one of those MMORPG's you really don't give a shit about.

WoW had it's special momments, to be honest, all mmorpg's ive seen (Other than PlanetSide) fail to hit any one of those sectors head on. Age Of Conan was alright, but that lacked in players and gameplay (and hitboxes)

These days, people define a mmorpg as as a random skill based game where you run around, press a few keys, and jumping/crouching/actually attacking with a sword/ranged weapon, is based on pretty much a random dice roll, that's not playing a game, that's gambling in a shoddy imaginery work full of crap.

Kids, stay away from "MMORPG's" they are all the same bullshit. If your into that kinda BORING gameplay, then heres ones ive played, and i can say, they were somewhat fun to play.

Warhammer Online (Has it's momments, much more well presented than WoW, similar, but has alot of things WoW should have.)
Age Of Conan (Mostly due to the beauty of the game, and the interesting aspects which are displayed in the game, it's worth about a day's worth of playing.)
LOTR: Online (Well, it's LOTR, other than running around and screaming frodo is a faggot, you get to enjoy some good lore, and great atmopshere, you can also battle out as a creature against other people later on in the game.)

But yeah, play Plantside, it's free to play, it's a MMORPGFPS, and you actually play a part in the game... Capturing plants, 3 factions battling it out, with spacecrafts, tanks it's a great fun indepth game, where you make a impact instead of "go get me 5 meat for reward now plz"

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Lucidius

Quote from: SilverKnight
But yeah, play Plantside, it's free to play, it's a MMORPGFPS, and you actually play a part in the game... Capturing plants, 3 factions battling it out, with spacecrafts, tanks it's a great fun indepth game, where you make a impact instead of "go get me 5 meat for reward now plz"

Agreed 100%, excluding the free to play aspect. It's free to play for 14 days and then your account is locked and you have to pay for it monthy, but you can remake a new account ever 2 weeks.

Also, APB and or MAG when they come out.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

RAPTOR

Quote from: Silver Knight on 22-09-2009
1. Unless the MMORPG has real Hitboxes, it sucks.
2. Physics, Graphics and Gameplay are required to make up a proper game.
3. Storyline doesn't go a miss.

Darkfall has improved much since the last time you played it Silver.

1. there are now hitboxes in the game,Just abit difficult to get a headshot from farrange/
2. Graphics does not make the game,Content/Freedom does,Its a sandbox.
Fuck even look at Age of Conan best graphic mmo but how terribly it sucked.
3. There is no storyline in Darkfall because you choose what you want to do,That is what a sandbox is.

Yeah silver Much has happened with Darkfall but i have to admit there still are some Flaws which need some fixing.
Hopefully in the next free october Expansion everything will be much better.

Quote from: woodfin on 22-09-2009
I guess I may get it but theres some things that see major problems like if you die you can be looted.   

Thats the whole point in pvp,Imagine your up against 3 guys your more smarter then them,You kill them all by outsmarting them,You want a reward,Look in their corpses and you got their shit that you earned.
I chill quite often.

Nevrox

Okay, this game is a pretty good game but I got bored of it fast probably because it is slow paced. As I said, good game but if you are bored easily and impatient then this isn't the game for you as it does take time, not near as much time as Eve Online but does indeed take time.

Kostya 'Spade' Lutsky - Exp. Loner - ALIVE
Nikolai 'Sparrow' Skavaski - Exp. Bandit - ALIVE
Falcon - Exp. Merc - ALIVE
Savage - Bloodsucker - ALIVE
Konrad 'Owl' Prutsky - Trader - ALIVE
William Evans - Scientist (R&D) - ALIVE

RAPTOR

Yeah it takes awhile to find some people for PVP best way to find them is to camp some spawns like doom spiders and gobs.

Also because im in a pirating clan we already got a pirate ship we are just waiting for the october patch so we can go out pillaging.
I chill quite often.

Silver Knight

DarkFall is flawed by the way it's built, it's using Java.

Runescape anyone?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

RAPTOR

You sure your not talking about Wurm online?
Because darkfall has its own engine.
I chill quite often.

woodfin

The beginning seems boring as shit from what i seen and the game looks like your just blind firing mind telling me how much has it improved since beta if it really has.   

woodfin

Okay I got it what server?

RAPTOR

NA-1 Server

also add my msn so i can know when your on and stuff
[email protected]
I chill quite often.

woodfin

Help me... Help me. I need Shit cause I keep on getting my ass kicked when I try to kill  goblins in one hour now this would not be a problem if I had a bow or magic but I do not. I'm in sand block or what ever the fuck its called. And I'm sorry what do you mean add your msn I know the guys butI'm confused what you mean by it like do you mean msn massager?

RAPTOR

Yeah msn Messenger.
Could you also tell me what race you went and your characters name?
I chill quite often.

woodfin

Sircool man and human

RAPTOR

ok i messaged you click the Tab thats glowing red my name.
I chill quite often.

woodfin

I am now getting this timeout(#2) or something like that

woodfin

Now I keep on losing connection to the the server.

RAPTOR

Hmm that happened to me ages ago aswell,How i fixed it was just pressed repair and it fixed it out eventually.
I chill quite often.