CoP MISERY screwed me

Started by DistinguishedDelectable, 08-06-2012

DistinguishedDelectable

So, I decided to go to Jupiter, and when I entered the facility an emission was approaching. I completely ignored it because of the idiot I am I thought that I would be able to get the administrative documents and escape. But mercs attacked, and I had no way to survive mercs and the emission. But that's not the problem. I can avoid the mercs by loading a previous save, but its right before I picked up the documents. I CANNOT survive the emission.
So I am asking if there is a safe place, or if you guys know console commands to give me anibiotics or teleport me to Yanov. Please help!  :-\

INA7HAN

Doesn't the buildings give protection from the emmission?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Gonztah

They don't. This happened to me as well. I just switched difficulty to the easiest and ate like 10 medkits to survive.

DistinguishedDelectable

Quote from: Gonztah on 08-06-2012
They don't. This happened to me as well. I just switched difficulty to the easiest and ate like 10 medkits to survive.

You probably weren't using MISERY, or you are extremely conservative. I usually have 1-3 medkits, but that's it.

I think I'm screwed unless someone gets console commands.

Gonztah

Quote from: DistinguishedDelectable on 08-06-2012
Quote from: Gonztah on 08-06-2012

You probably weren't using MISERY, or you are extremely conservative. I usually have 1-3 medkits, but that's it.

I think I'm screwed unless someone gets console commands.

I am very VERY conservative.

Tom

Misery is retarded. "Everyone only carries 2 bullets with them at all times"
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

lolKieck

Quote from: Tom on 08-06-2012
Totally. Dark Souls is the very essence of a hard game, because it's hard but fair while Misery keeps kicking you in the nuts or crotch in general.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Tom

Quote from: lolKieck on 08-06-2012
Quote from: Tom on 08-06-2012
Totally. Dark Souls is the very essence of a hard game, because it's hard but fair while Misery keeps kicking you in the nuts or crotch in general.

Misery kicks you in such a way that makes no sense though.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Maxi96203

Quote from: DistinguishedDelectable on 08-06-2012
So, I decided to go to Jupiter, and when I entered the facility an emission was approaching. I completely ignored it because of the idiot I am I thought that I would be able to get the administrative documents and escape. But mercs attacked, and I had no way to survive mercs and the emission. But that's not the problem. I can avoid the mercs by loading a previous save, but its right before I picked up the documents. I CANNOT survive the emission.
So I am asking if there is a safe place, or if you guys know console commands to give me anibiotics or teleport me to Yanov. Please help!  :-\

There's a little underground section in that facility, iirc.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Vorter

Shame, I was going to try Misery out...
Looks like i'll just stick with Complete.

Goose

Misery is a mod for people who just want to get pissed off playing stalker.... HENCE THE NAME MISERY
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

INA7HAN

I agree with what you guys are saying about misery. Its takes the piss in so many ways with the ammo it's beyond a joke. Bandits and other enemies that shoot the shit out of you for ages, you kill them and they have 2 rounds or sometimes none. I have around 250 5.45 only because i havn't used any of it and i looted the armoury in the AA complex in the jupiter area. I've spent most of my money on .45acp so i can use a revolver. Though the game does get easier if you remember locations of stashes such as this place where you get the military helmet Sphere or something from the roof of the cement factory. I've spent most of my money on ammo and food, which spoils the game. Zombies are retarded you shoot them in the head and they still don't die even after 6 .45 rounds into the head a zombie survived, they are like walking tanks.

Maxi96203

yeah guys
lets up the realism of stalker
and then bitch about it

Tom

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 09-06-2012
yeah guys
and then bitch about it

Yes. Super duper uber real for no one to carry ammo ever and to never have their guns loaded ever.
Oh boy.

Gonztah

Quote from: Tom on 09-06-2012
yeah guys
and then bitch about it

Yes. Super duper uber real for no one to carry ammo ever and to never have their guns loaded ever.

And an army trained special recon operative who cant carry over 15kgs of stuff without breaking his spine, supr rlsm is gud

INA7HAN

Quote from: Gonztah on 09-06-2012
yeah guys
and then bitch about it

And an army trained special recon operative who cant carry over 15kgs of stuff without breaking his spine, supr rlsm is gud
Ikr realism now = No ammo.
And that weight shit fucked up

Maxi96203

Quote from: INA7HAN on 09-06-2012
yeah guys
and then bitch about it

yeah guys, nuclear reactor explosion and giant mutations to the land
lets bask in the tons and tons of ammo

Gonztah

yeah guys
and then bitch about it

Uh. Yes, I'd bring a fuckton of ammo if I was going into a land full of hostile mutants. Instead of having like 2-4 rounds in my pocket.

Maxi96203

yeah guys
and then bitch about it

Uh. Yes, I'd bring a fuckton of ammo if I was going into a land full of hostile mutants. Instead of having like 2-4 rounds in my pocket.

that'd imply that everyone has just arrived there, and haven't been there for a while.

edit: damn man if you can't carry 33+ pounds you need to get some protein

lolKieck

funny thing is that, what people say, Degtaryev with Misery can't lift half of US Army standard equipment
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

StickyWicket

I enjoyed misery mod.

I understand that the weight limit is there so you don't carry every piece of loot from battle with you and sell it for a huge profit (How can one even fit more than five rifles on them?) And the lack of ammo is so you actually have reason to constantly be searching for artifacts rather than tring to make money on loot. While I admit that the Zombies are buggy as shit with their hitboxes, I always found a away to get a hit on their head. BTW, I played as a sniper since it requires less ammo. The added realism when dealing with damage made me fell like I was an actual human being, on equal terms with the NPCs. And as far as the balistics go, my bullets felt like they actually had some killing power behind them, not just little sanitized peas that slowly reduce someone's health to 0 like most games think they are. The atmosphere of the game felt like you actually needed to survive rather than simply do shit to earn m0niEZ and |tAnz

Plunger

Misery isn't even fun hard, and please, don't say, "It's realistic.", it's not.

Fun hard mods are like:

Redux - CoP
Stalker Soup - SoC
AMK- SoC
NLC -SoC
LURK - SoC

Tom

Quote from: Plunger on 09-06-2012
Misery isn't even fun hard, and please, don't say, "It's realistic.", it's not.

Fun hard mods are like:

Redux - CoP
Stalker Soup - SoC
AMK- SoC
NLC -SoC
LURK - SoC

^That.
Oh boy.

StickyWicket

Oh, I'm sorry, I must not be having the right type of fun when I play misery mod. I'm definitely going to recant on all those hours having a blast playing Misery :(

Tom

Quote from: StickyWicket on 09-06-2012
Oh, I'm sorry, I must not be having the right type of fun when I play misery mod. I'm definitively going to recant on all those hours having a blast playing Misery :(

We're saying its really unrealistic. To argue that Misery is realistic is silly. Perhaps you may have fun on it, people like myself, don't.
Oh boy.