Clear Sky - I got it off steam

Started by KillSlim, 28-12-2009

KillSlim

By reading the title, I think you would have thought "Uh oh! KillSlim wasted his money, stupid moron."
Actually, it's quite good. It's not as infested with bugs and glitches as I first thought it would be, sure there are noticable minor bugs with NPC's around the odd campfire or in a fight, but I don't think that is enough to bring down an entire game's reputation.

Look at Battlefield 1942 for instance, the Maps are full to the brim with exploits, Punkbuster kicks people who aren't cheating, Singleplayer AI is as intelligent as a rock and the graphics are crap, even for the time they were crap. It has crap expansions that no one played and yet it is still successful, it's reached the Consoles!

Clear Sky I think is stereotypically despised, due to some bugs which were mostly erased in patches.
Graphics for the game are top notch. The gameplay allows a lot more Freedom to do whatever in the game unlike in ShoC.

Again, it's a good game. A VERY good game since I bought it for under 3 GBP in the sale.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Plunger

Everyone hates it because it's the new fad. It is better then SoC in terms of game play (With the upgradeable guns, and such), and the bugs are all fixed in mods.

Silver Knight

Yeah i got it too, since it was on sale a few days ago, for future play.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Lucidius

Quote from: Layton on 28-12-2009It is better then SoC in terms of game play (With the upgradeable guns, and such)

Yup, only reason I played CS. It made random wondering a bit more rewarding then in SHoC and money had a point besides buying ammo, although alot of the mods are really unrealistic and at times a bit over powered.

Non-upgraded guns shouldn't be pointless.

Also, after Forrester, the storyline went down hill imo. I liked the teleporter artifact but after that it just felt like 1 giant tedius chore, and If I wanted to go get my armor upgraded i'de have to practically run all the way back to the beginning of the game form near the end.

I also really liked the Guides. They could get you around your playfield quickly and for not a whole lot. Felt alot more stramlined in terms of travel then SHoC, when it's RUN EVER WAR.

Anyways, typically hated CS for the AI spawns, the last few levels and how OP upgrading was.

The AI babysitting was obnoxious too, but it gave you something to do I guess.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Jazer

Let's put it this way. Clear Sky's gameplay is better than SoC, because it's nearly the same but with nearly all the enhancements we were wanting. Almost all the Crash-to-Desktop bugs were solved by 1.5.06, and with Sky Reclamation Project, the rest of the smaller bugs were fixed, along with rendering problems, and optimization issues.

The only thing that is left to truly criticize the game for is the flow of the story. It's a huge drag in some parts like getting out of the swamp or going through the hospital. And from Red Forest and beyond, it's clear that they were running out of time (which they admitted to) and began constructing more linear style levels and gameplay. There was more scripted events and what not. 

KillSlim

I don't understand how to get artifacts in Clear Sky.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Strelok Holmes

Artifact detector, buy the best in duty base... go to an anomaly, if you see a dancing green dot (provided you bought the best detector) try to CAREFULLY follow the dot. The artifact will turn visible and be spat out of the anomaly.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive