Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden

Started by Naota, 19-12-2010

Naota

General Information:
Tales of Game's Presents Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa is a freeware RPG developed by Tales of Game's Studios, presented as an unofficial sequel to Barkley Shut Up and Jam!. Despite its name suggesting it is a sequel to Barkley Shut Up and Jam!, its story has more to do with the movie Space Jam. It features traditional JRPG-styled battles and dungeons.
The player controls ex-NBA player Charles Barkley and a handful of secondary characters.[1] A host of ex- and current NBA players also feature as NPCs.

The game's battle system, dubbed the "B.A.B.B.Y. System," is influenced by many commercial JRPGs.[2] Enemies appear on the game field and may run at the player and attack if the player moves into their line of sight.[3] Once a battle is initiated, each player has a number of attacks and skills they can use. Most attacks require multiple or timed button presses as in the Mario RPG series, and some of the attacks are accuracy-based, dealing more damage for more accurate hits. The characters can also be placed into healing, attack and effect battle roles, depending on their skill set.

This game is freaking fantastic for a freeware game. Too bad the studio broke up before they could make the sequal.

Turkey

Lucidius

Necro'ing the shit out of this but for great justice. (this game is timeless anyways)

Me and a friend (moreso my friend) did a playthrough of this recently and honestly it's a very good adaptation of turn based RPG's with a twist. Much like the Mario franchises RPG games, it has an emphasis on timing mini-games depending on the basic attack you use and most characters have a viable choice between what moves to use (Vincetron's laser is a bit of an acception).

Even if you dont like turn based RPG's i'de recommend giving it a try if you're interested in the slam jam scene, or anything related to internet and dunking/b-ball on a non-sports related note.

Only gripe i have is the random and very quick quick time events.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]