Bulletstorm

Started by Pink!, 24-02-2011

Pink!

Just picked it up on the way home from work.

I have a strong feeling this game is going to be fantastic.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Pink!

. . .

I have never used Games for Windows Live before, and I never intend to again. From now on, all my purchases are being done on Steam.

mikeywrenn

It looks like UT3, mixed with Crysis and extreme fail. Yes, I can't afford the game yet, fuck you all.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Zstan

Quote from: Pink! on 24-02-2011
. . .

I have never used Games for Windows Live before, and I never intend to again. From now on, all my purchases are being done on Steam.

You have to be signed into Steam AND Windows Live.

Pink!

This game has a level. At the start, you may wonder, "What is unique about this level? It's a mere bossfight against a massive dinosaur rampaging through a scaled-down city."

Then, you get a remote control for the dinosaur.

That lets you control it and use it to gun down enemies.

With twin miniguns that are strapped to its chest.

mikeywrenn

Quote from: Pink! on 25-02-2011
This game has a level. At the start, you may wonder, "What is unique about this level? It's a mere bossfight against a massive dinosaur rampaging through a scaled-down city."

Thanks for spoiling that for me o.o
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

lolKieck

Quote from: Pink! on 25-02-2011

And yes, it's made by People Can Fly, a Polish developer. What's more fun than shooting a guy in the balls then kicking him in the face ?  Shooting the guy in the arse with a rocket flare !
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Aresty

I played the game, and it's pure awesomness.

Knife_cz

I played it too,but im quite scared it wont be fun after some time...like only killing and killing..

Paintcheck

GFWL does indeed suck fat cock.

I am worried about the $60 price tag. Since it is clearly a console pos first and a PC port second I have a feeling it will be 6 hours long and completely linear.

Plus seeing a review and hearing some of the dialog in said review made me want to murder someone. Your game is not "edgy" or "adult" if your dialog consists of profanity every other word.

That being said the scoring system seems to be rather original. Hopefully it will drop to a reasonable price soon. Or they will release a PC demo (why they didn't already when there are demos for Xbox and PS3 I have no idea).

deluxulous

Quote from: Paintcheck on 25-02-2011
GFWL does indeed suck fat cock.

I am worried about the $60 price tag. Since it is clearly a console pos first and a PC port second I have a feeling it will be 6 hours long and completely linear.

Plus seeing a review and hearing some of the dialog in said review made me want to murder someone. Your game is not "edgy" or "adult" if your dialog consists of profanity every other word.

That being said the scoring system seems to be rather original. Hopefully it will drop to a reasonable price soon. Or they will release a PC demo (why they didn't already when there are demos for Xbox and PS3 I have no idea).

Answer: EPIC Games are console whores now.

cl4p-tp

I just cleared the single player campaign, it was epic I didn't get bored of it at all also it looks like they will make a sequal.

Silver Knight

The answer is simple. Don't bother with the game until it goes down in price. Like next christmas... at the steam sales.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

IamJon

I'm really iffy about this game. I mean, it looks awesome, and made by People Can Fly (I really love those guys). It just that there's something...wrong with a PC game for 60 bucks (like a console where they get ripped off a lot sadly)... and the fact it's Windows LIVE, since my last experience with Windows LIVE was with Bioshock 2 and that was...how to put it... like eating bile sandwiched between two pieces of splintery wood. My friend says it's awesome, but then again, she'll say anything's awesome as long as it can attract attention for longer than a couple seconds. I would have loved to have bought this game...just...not like this.

Is it really worth the $60 price AND having to deal with Windows LIVE?
"Game over man! Game over!"

GIFSoup

Knife_cz

Quote from: IamJon on 10-04-2011

I'm really iffy about this game. I mean, it looks awesome, and made by People Can Fly (I really love those guys). It just that there's something...wrong with a PC game for 60 bucks (like a console where they get ripped off a lot sadly)... and the fact it's Windows LIVE, since my last experience with Windows LIVE was with Bioshock 2 and that was...how to put it... like eating bile sandwiched between two pieces of splintery wood. My friend says it's awesome, but then again, she'll say anything's awesome as long as it can attract attention for longer than a couple seconds. I would have loved to have bought this game...just...not like this.

I hate windows life,it does not support czech republic,so i had to create new E-mail,then some damned problems again..seriously,why did they created it..

lolKieck

Yes it is.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: knife_cz on 11-04-2011

I hate windows life,it does not support czech republic,so i had to create new E-mail,then some damned problems again..seriously,why did they created it..

because they don't like czech people.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 11-04-2011

because they don't like czech people.

Q_Q

IamJon

Same here! You have to make two different accounts just to play one game (Steam account and WL Account)!
Steam is a wonderful service on it's own and can actually maintain itself and fix errors quickly. I can't remember how long the semi-auto Machine gun error in BS2 lasted, but long enough for me to get bored of the multiplayer sooner than expected. Windows LIVE, knock it off and stay away from my online fun.
"Game over man! Game over!"

GIFSoup