Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Started by Tea, 29-01-2010

Tea

Bringing the battlefield to the forefront

The ultimate modern warfare:

Battlefield Bad Company. 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC - featuring best-in-class vehicular combat set across a wide range of huge sandbox maps each with a different tactical focus.New vehicles like the All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and the UH-60 transport helicopter allow for all-new multiplayer tactics in the warzone, extensive fine-tuning ensures that this will be the most realistic vehicle combat experience to date. Tactical destruction is taken to new heights with the updated DICE .Frostbite. engine. Players can now take down entire buildings or create their own vantage points by blasting holes through cover, thereby delivering a unique dynamic experience in every match.

Players can also compete in 4-player teams in 2 exclusive squad-only game modes, fighting together to unlock exclusive team awards and achievements. Spawn on your squad to get straight into the action, and use gadgets such as the tracer dart in-conjunction with the RPG to devastating effect. Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve. Variety also extends into the range of customizable kits weapons and vehicles available. With 4 distinct character classes, and weapons, gadgets and specializations players have over 15000 kit variations to discover and master players will be able to fine-tune their preferred fighting style to give them the edge in combat.

All of these features combine to deliver spectacular and unpredictable action moments found nowhere else in a modern warfare experience. The game also sees the return of the B Company squad in a more mature and intense single player experience where the stakes are higher than ever.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Battlefield Moments - Episode 1

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Battlefield Moments - Episode 2 HD

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Battlefield Moments Part 3 Trailer [HD]

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available on:

PC

Xbox 360

Playstation 3

and is going to hit store shelves on March 2nd, 2010.

Pre-Order Info:

Pre-Order now and get the Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 which includes

The Main Game

Special Limited Edition Artwork

And six special unlocks:

• Improved Vehicle Armor
  • Vehicle Alternate Fire
  • Tracer Dart Pistol
  • M1A1 Sub Machine Gun
  • Vehicle Motion Sensors
  • M1911 Pistol

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Limited Edition

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - BETA

Included with the pre-order, a BETA for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC is currently going on from January 28th to February 25th.  

The beta includes 1 playable map and 1 gamemode:

Map Name: Port Valdez
Players: 32 (online multiplayer only)
Game Mode: Rush

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Port Valdez Demo Gameplay Trailer [HD]

The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.

Players can now download the console demo worldwide on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace. On February 4th, the demo will be accessible on the PlayStation®Network in Europe and on February 11th in North America and Asia.

For more information on how to receive your very own BETA key, visit this link.

For more media, visit this and this

Aviator

this again
BFBC1 sucked, this is just another waste of money

Tea

Sir, i thoroughly disagree.

Plunger

Quote from: Aviator on 29-01-2010
this again
Your Wrong.

Anyone see what I did there?

Szenti

Quote from: Aviator on 29-01-2010
this again
No. Bad Company 1 didn't suck. YOU SUCK. And Bad Company 1-2 is not a waste of money, they are great games.
Going to get Bad Company 2 for 360 I think. : D

Lammardude

People think COD is better .. thats not True Battlefield always beated COD. Cod used to be good when Activision was making it

Steel

Quote from: Lammardude on 30-01-2010
People think COD is better .. thats not True Battlefield always beated COD. Cod used to be good when Activision was making it

True, you dont get a better FPS than BF2 or 2142

Lammardude

Radek

*Cough* Thank the Swedes for this game *Cough*
And anyone who says this game is bad.. IS a Dirty lier..
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Lucidius

Can I see some explanations behind these accusations?

What makes this so much better then COD, or any other BF or FPS for that matter.

Honestly, the sound quality of this is very nice from the videos posted. They've taken the time to actually engineer some non-generic sounding shit, the ear ringing isn't obnoxious, etc.

Sound > Graphics.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

Quote from: Tea on 29-01-2010
Pre-Order Info:

Pre-Order now and get the Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 which includes

The Main Game

Special Limited Edition Artwork

And six special unlocks:

• Improved Vehicle Armor
  • Vehicle Alternate Fire
  • Tracer Dart Pistol
  • M1A1 Sub Machine Gun
  • Vehicle Motion Sensors
  • M1911 Pistol
To bad they had to be assholes.

Mangoman

I liked Bfbc1, but Just played the demo for Bfbc2, and it Blows. Maybe its just the demo, but eh, wont be getting it.

Dark Angel

<--------------------- Has Beta pass =3

Never used it as most games are pointless.

Plunger

Quote from: Dark Angel on 01-02-2010
<--------------------- Has Beta pass =3

Never used it as most games are pointless.
Then why bother signing up for the beta's.

Monkeyfisker

Well I just started playing BBC1 today, and its pretty good. I wouldn't say Infinity Ward CoD good, but good. And tbh 2142, sucked, hard.

I will get this MAYBE after beating the first game.

Plunger

Just got down playing the Beta.

Here's the first ten minutes.

I start it up and quickly join a match. Decide to use the sniper kit so I can use the spot button easier, and score some head shots. I choose to spawn at soldier so I can make it into the nearby building quickly. As soon as I spawn I hear a loud boom to my left, followed by crunching, I look over and to my horror the building I was going for was just RPG'ed and was collapsing. I start running for the nearest cover while my ears ring loudly hoping nothing else happens. A few seconds before I reach the cover my screen shakes and an explosion directly above me can be heard. A helicopter was just hit with a missile, and was spiraling down towards me! The explosion only barely misses me, but I can't hear and my health is low. I run into a building to my right, wait a few minutes for my ears to stop ringing, and for my health to heal before continuing...

Needless to say I can't wait for the game to release now.

Torch

Weapon damage and hit recognition is a little fucked up right now though.
I hate putting 3 rounds into guys head with a SCAR-L as he charges me as he stabs me with blood spurting outta his head like something from Monty Python.
Overall I give the game a thumbs up, lack of prone is a pain though. And I got it on the PC and I get some weird screen problems with explosions and fog/snow that makes it a bitch to see things.