Battlefield 3; Take 2

Started by deluxulous, 16-08-2011

deluxulous

http://youtu.be/m8S_eEv_A5k
http://youtu.be/XhBjBy5OOFY
http://youtu.be/8pNOxynC1Dc
http://youtu.be/O8730SR1POk
Debating whether or not I should buy this on PC or Xbox 360. All my friends are going to want to play it on Xbox, but there are going to be other games to play with them by that time. So I will most likely get it on PC. Not to mention I have a sexy new rig.

Steven :D

Khorn

PC and retail version. AAlpha version showed me how fun BF3 was.

Also upgrading my rig too. Gotta get me an SSD and my Processor though.

Lammardude

JETS Jesus fucking christ thank god I pre-ordered it the first day it was available :D

deluxulous

can't wait for trolling idiots fighting over jets and helicopters

Ravanger

I played a bit of alpha it was aight a lot better system comeing along than bf2 BC 2 but basiclly the same.

deluxulous

Im having trouble not orgasming over the new Frostbite engine. so fucking sexy
also 64 players on paris metro, holyshit

Khorn

Commo Rose is back and removal 3D spotting on infantry, only 2D spotting.

deluxulous

Quote from: Khorn on 17-08-2011
Commo Rose is back and removal 3D spotting on infantry, only 2D spotting.

excuse me, but what

Khorn

Command Rose, like in BF 2142 and BF 2. Hold Q for quick menu of commands, like needing ammo, medic, enemy spotted..

And spotting Enemy infantry is now placed on minimap. No red triangles following on screen. It was to easy with the red triangles on screen.

El Presidente

Quote from: Khorn on 18-08-2011
Command Rose, like in BF 2142 and BF 2. Hold Q for quick menu of commands, like needing ammo, medic, enemy spotted..

And spotting Enemy infantry is now placed on minimap. No red triangles following on screen. It was to easy with the red triangles on screen.

Oh thank you, merry mother of god.

deluxulous

Quote from: Khorn on 18-08-2011

Ohhhhhh. Right. Forgot about that. Awesome.

El Presidente

Enemy aircraft spotted.

deluxulous

I hope there's ATVs that I can suicide bomb with

deluxulous

Bump bump ba-dump.
Comes out tomorrow, who's playing? I'm downloading/buying from Amazon today, because i love procrastinating

INA7HAN

Quote from: PistolKid on 17-08-2011
can't wait for trolling idiots fighting over jets and helicopters
Ikr on Bad company 2 you get people team killing you to get choppers XD

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

ThY

aparently its too americanized (and mainstream?) now. Which is why I'm not too enthusiastic to play it.
Can anyone reassure me it's not?

lolKieck

Origin is spyware, buy it on PS3, ThY.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

deluxulous

Quote from: ThY on 24-10-2011
aparently its too americanized (and mainstream?) now. Which is why I'm not too enthusiastic to play it.

Quote from: ThY
americanized

/facepalm

Unless you're talking about how they added death markers for your teammates, I have no clue what you're talking about.

This guy won't be worrying about the CoD-ernized part of the game because he'll be playing Hardcore mode with all the other real men.

Overwatch

Quote from: lolKieck on 24-10-2011
Origin is spyware, buy it on PS3, ThY.

Eeyup. Origin keeps download logs of -everything-, It's in the terms of agreement.

Otto

I didn't realize that having American elements in a game makes it bad.  (Also, why would it not be "americanized" when it's about U.S. Marines?)

Paintcheck

Quote from: PistolKid on 24-10-2011
Quote from: ThY on 24-10-2011

Quote from: ThY
americanized

/facepalm

Unless you're talking about how they added death markers for your teammates, I have no clue what you're talking about.

This guy won't be worrying about the CoD-ernized part of the game because he'll be playing Hardcore mode with all the other real men.

Hardcore on BC2 was BEYOND shit. Just dumbasses with their sniper rifles camping the whole match to pad their k/d ratio. The reason I play BF over MW is because BF has objectives. But it seems no one else cares about those which is why I stopped playing BC2 after about 20 hours of constantly getting stuck on shitty teams where 8/12 players are snipers padding their stats.

And Thy your complaint makes absolutely no sense. Why is everything related to the US so offensive to you these days?

deluxulous

Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-10-2011
Hardcore on BC2 was BEYOND shit. Just dumbasses with their sniper rifles camping the whole match to pad their k/d ratio. The reason I play BF over MW is because BF has objectives. But it seems no one else cares about those which is why I stopped playing BC2 after about 20 hours of constantly getting stuck on shitty teams where 8/12 players are snipers padding their stats.

And Thy your complaint makes absolutely no sense. Why is everything related to the US so offensive to you these days?

Admittedly, yes, snipers were a large problem. A problem for me and my rocket-sniping? Not so much.

Paintcheck

The nade and rocket spam was annoying too. And the wonky hit boxes.

Although the like 4 times I actually got into a good BC2 game with everyone playing the objective it was really, really fun. But it just doesn't happen consistently enough to make dropping $60 on BF3 and putting up with its spyware worth it.

ThY

If you want me to explain what I meant sf me -.-

Anyhow; yaybf3. Time to wait till it drops in price