Battle-fething-three

Started by Overwatch, 17-03-2012

Overwatch

So. Battlefield three, singleplayer runs on ultra, 20-30 FPS No problems, I have to set the affinity to 1 though, seeing as I'm on a dual core.

Multiplayer has turned into the fucking bane of my life. I've spent at least 11-12 hours to no avail.
I have SS TT UU TT EE RR II NN GG TT HH EE NN CC RR AA SS HH EE SS

Beta AMD drivers don't fix it.
Setting the Affinity doesn't fix it.
Updating motherboard drivers doesn't fix it.
Putting it on 800x600 Low/off doesn't fix it.
EA Support just throws me around technical teams for an hour, asking the same question without Fixing fuck all.
Having it Windowed doesn't fix it
Uninstalling everything and clean-installing everything from scratch doesn't fix it.
Formatting doesn't fix it.
Screaming at my computer doesn't fix it.

The fuck am I doing wrong?

INA7HAN

Thats why sometimes it's good to have games on xbox or ps3. I got it on xbox so i have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it sorry try seaching it on the internet for answers.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Lucidius

You never mentioned how multiplayer is the bane of your life. Can you even connect to servers? Is it frame issues? Does it like to locok up when you put your thumb in your ass? You shouldn't be so vague if you're expecting any form of help.

Now more to the point: This is part of the reason why i never bought Battlefield 3. Punkbuster is a GOD AWFUL security system (other reasons being terrible gmae blanace/mechanics and how DICE fucked BC2 for PC over with lack of DLC and OTHER SUCH THINGS).

In Battlefield 2142, Punkbster was the reason my friend could not play multiplayer. Now, this goes beyond just bieng kicked by Punkbuster for no reason. If he found a server he could play in, Punkbuster would LOWER HIS FPS to unplayable amounts, locking his screen/computer up for minutes at a time. The reason why? 'Punkbuster heart beats stopped' or some silly shit. We tried every known fix posted on the internet practically to no avail. The core of the issue is with Punkbuster and eather his router, ISP or hard/software. EA Gave him a big FUCK OFF through emails and didn't help resolve the issue. They took their time because this was 3 years back and EA/Dice dropped everything for BC2 support. They have a huge habbit of dropping support for older titles in favor of the newer ones.

Another example: We all purchased and owned the expansion pack for 2142 and no one could register it. The links provided with the game lead to a bad company 2 page saying '404, file not found. CHECK OUT OUR MAIN PAGE *Bad Company 2 splash page and a link to the main BC2 Page* *this 2142 link lead to a bad company 2 page*. The only way to get it registered was to call EA support and do it over the phone. All other 2142 related links with the game led to BC2 pages and the pages on EA's site for 2142 were non-existant.

/rant

I didn't buy BF3 because EA have terrible support for their customers AND for their games (as long as they arn't brand new off the shelf). They like to release a game, drop everything and then make a new one instead of sustaining their older titles. Example: Bad Company 2's DLC for PC being canceled in favor of making Battlefield 1943 and then Battlefield 3, BC2 for PC will never get this DLC (Onslaught mode) forever, they just dropped it completely.

Anyways, I highly recommend looking into any sort of logs you can get from Punkbuster, that might be the source of all your problems.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Overwatch

Like I said, It's stuttering and crashes.
I've manually updated punkbuster for an extra tenseconds of gameplay tops.

I recon it's their poor support for Dual-cores, even if they run at 3.8GHz