Assassin's Creed 2

Started by Sickness, 12-01-2010

Sickness

Is it just me or do we not have a topic about this game on this forums?
Well I haven't played the game yet, but I want to try it out. So maybe someone from HGN tried it, and I wonder what you thought about the game?
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Fluffy

I heard it was great to, Since you also get dual blades, get to knife someone in the balls from a ladder and yank them down, and apparently get to fly with a flying machine :D And you can swim, EPICNESS!

Sickness

Yeah that's what I heard, and I also heard the story is WAY better than the first one, so I'm actually excited in getting this game.

Silver Knight

I want to try it out, but the first one was really linear, i hated it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Szenti

I have it, and I already beated it. ITS SO F*****G EPIC.  You must get it. I didn't like AC1, But AC2 owns it 10 times.

Griffen

I love it, im halfway through the game and its hella long. It took my friend a month to complete the whole game, and get all the feathers and crap, but you can walk up behind two guards, hit the attack button with your double hidden bblades and you stab them both in the back of the neck, its awesome.
|HGN|Griffen: Hey, kid.
|HGN|Griffen: Get off my lawn.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Hey kiddo, get of my work
|HGN|Griffen: Uhm, this is MY LAWN.
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: While I can do so that you can never play or use anything HGN related
|HGN-CTS|Afromana: Shoo
|HGN|Griffen: God damnit.

Celtic

Well regardless of what you thought of the first one, Assassin's Creed II is an outstanding game.  It has a long story, not to mention a fairly good one too.  The graphics are spectacular, as are all the different cities.  Unlike the first one, this one doesn't get repetitive, and the gameplay is some of the funnest I've ever played.  Once I beat the game, even though it was very long, I was somewhat disappointed cause I knew that a great game had just ended.  Overall I'd consider this a purchase most definitely worth adding to your library.

KillSlim

From what I've heard from a few people, it's quite a let down; but because I haven't played it yet I'm not going to give it a verdict..
The first Assassin's Creed was good at first, however it got boring and repetitive. It felt (Controls-wise) like a crappy console port, and AC2 apparently has the same control issues.

Still it looks good and I'm going to consider getting it.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Celtic

Quote from: KillSlim on 17-01-2010
From what I've heard from a few people, it's quite a let down; but because I haven't played it yet I'm not going to give it a verdict..
The first Assassin's Creed was good at first, however it got boring and repetitive. It felt (Controls-wise) like a crappy console port, and AC2 apparently has the same control issues.

I forgot to mention I got it on the console, so I'm used to the controls.  I do believe that it boring and repetitive was removed.

Plunger

Quote from: KillSlim on 17-01-2010

You realise the PC version came after the console.

Sickness

I got the game yesturday, and im impressed. I'm addicted to it.

Rhyom Guther

I has it but cannot play it cause I'm in truble... KILLING ME TO WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aresty

I finished the game on the Xbox. It was just great !
The ending is still confusing somehow but I can't wait for the third game.

Alex

They seem to have a fetish for cliffhanger endings....

Sickness

The game was really good.
Lots of improvements were made, and is so much better than the first one.
Really good game :)