Army of Two: The Fortieth Day (TFD)

Started by deluxulous, 09-01-2010

deluxulous

General Information:
Quote from: Wikipedia
Army of Two: The 40th Day is an upcoming third-person shooter video game that is developed by EA Montreal and published by Electronic Arts for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Portable. It is the sequel to Army of Two. Army of Two: The 40th Day ships on January 12, 2010 in North America and January 8, 2010 in Europe.[6]
Army of Two: The 40th Day focuses on two-player cooperative play and employs a cover system. It features Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem as combatant partners who, with the assistance of their handler Alice Murray, must fight to survive and prevail over invading forces that have engulfed Shanghai, China in a devastating man-made disaster. A demo of the game has been released on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

It's the sequel to Army of Two.

Platforms & Release Dates:

Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3

Release Dates: January 12th, 2010 - North America
January 8th, 2010, Europe. (Lucky Euros already got it :( )

Media:

Video's:

Army of Two : The 40th Day - Official Extraction Trailer

Army of Two: The 40th Day Weapon Customization Trailer [HD]

Army of Two: The 40th Day Co-Op Moves Trailer [HD]

Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Two:_The_40th_Day

http://www.armyoftwo.com/home.action

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting this game. It look amazing. I played the demo and it was fantastic.

The game is VERY realistic. For instance, if you shoot a guy in the leg, he'll either shake it off, or go down. He'll still be on his back and shooting you, so you need to be extra careful. Bodies also don't just do some ridiculous and fake looking death animation, they just drop where they are realistically, and even have their guns with them until they hit the floor.

You can also use the old Army of Two strategy of portable cover... car doors, riot shields, even utility box covers.

Perhaps the BIGGEST and NEWEST thing is the customization. You can customize your own masks and armor for different looks. You can also modify your weapons. Interchange weapon parts with different weapons.. for example. An AK-47 barrel on the G-36c, or vice versa. Except you can do it with MANY of the parts. Gun stocks, grips, magazines, suppressors. The list goes on.

There are also new gameplay features. A player can feign his death if he's getting too much aggro, transferring it to his partner. This allows him to jump up unexpectedly and waste his enemies from the side.

If you walk in on a group of enemies, you can do a fake surrender. Put your hands up, and go on your knees. Your partner can sneak around to a good flanking position, and while they're focusing on the surrendering person, you can pump 'em full of lead. The person surrendering can also do a "quick-draw", pulling up his pistol quickly and shooting them down.

It's just... awesome.

Aznpunk77

Looks and sounds awesome, never played the first one but I might get this one. I like the part about feigning death and the aggro, it just makes sense, portable cover is cool as well and you gotta love customizable weaponry and apparel. It'll be hard to communicate if you don't have a mic though, since this game relies a lot on cooperation. Thanks for showing us this.

deluxulous

Oh god, can't wait for tomorrow.

Sickness

Feign death isn't a new feature, it was in the first one.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

deluxulous

Quote from: Sickness on 11-01-2010
Feign death isn't a new feature, it was in the first one.

OH WELL. IT'S STILL COOL.

Anyways, I can't get it until I raise one of my grades. Hopes = dashed. Unless I do really good on this semester final.

deluxulous

Okay, I got it anyways.

Only two words to describe this epic game...

mind-blowing.

KillSlim

It looks like a very good game. I love the humor in this game, and how you can customize weapons and masks.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window