ArmA II Operation Arrowhead

Started by Steel, 07-07-2010

Steel

Operation Arrowhead is set in the Fictional Country of Takistan, its more or less a complete fictional version of Afghanistan.
It adds 3 new amazing maps, an awesome campaign showcasing modern US military might.
Thermal Optics have been added, Takistani Militia (Taliban), And the Takistani Military (ANA).
There are also German KSK and Czech Republic military forces as well as Chernarussian UN forces. It is standalone aswell.
Its worth the buy!
If you have the money, get it.
Get out of here CoD players.

Cobra

I have always loved Arma II, and I always loved the fact how I could wave it in a Console players face and laugh.

Steel

:P Arrowhead is an epic expansion, worth the buy.

deluxulous

Quote from: Steel on 07-07-2010
FUCK YOU, BRITS.

Wish I could buy this, but im still recovering from APB.

Cobra

Quote from: PistolKid on 07-07-2010
Quote from: Steel on 07-07-2010

FUCK YOU, BRITS.

Wish I could buy this, but im still recovering from APB.

Nines wants me to get APB, getting this instead.

Zstan

For the love of god don't pay 50 dollars for APB (until they fix and balance it atleast)

It's shit right now, I can hardly believe I payed 50 dollars for it, but I still play it because it's fun to play with bros.

QuoteIt adds 3 new amazing map

When you say this do you mean like..3 full maps like the native one?

Steel

Yer 3 full maps, you have a Vast open desert where you can place whatever structures you want, you have Central Takistan which is just so Taliban like! and you have Zargabad, a large City, very good map.
Its very optimized for mission editors i must say, i have a large scale mission im creating underway.

lolKieck

MAYBE I'll buy it rather the original one, this one looks a lot more fun than normal game !
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steel

Quote from: lolKieck on 08-07-2010
MAYBE I'll buy it rather the original one, this one looks a lot more fun than normal game !

IF you have both it counts as "Combined Ops", which is basically all the Content in ONE game, so if you can get both, get em, if you cant, get this.

lolKieck

Quote from: Steel on 08-07-2010
Quote from: lolKieck on 08-07-2010

IF you have both it counts as "Combined Ops", which is basically all the Content in ONE game, so if you can get both, get em, if you cant, get this.

You meant original + expansion in one package ?

EDIT: Well, sadly the place where I am going to buy doesn't have OA, and nothing like Original + Expansion pack.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ravanger

I am playing combined operations at moment see main difference. Since I just bought Operation arrowhead and now I am re-downloading my Arma 2 copy I had for a long time.

Steel

Arrowhead has an Improved Interface, Apparently Improved AI, not that i have noticed the difference.
But like i said, its been mainly optimized for Hardcore Mission Editors, ive noticed it when i have been editing in this in comparison to ArmA II.

Ravanger

Yeah I cant play ARMA 2 anymore really since operation arrowhead seems better than it in a way. I got too use to playing OA that I cant play ARMA 2 again lol. OA graphics seems to be a bit better than arma 2 in a way.

Steel

Yep, its more CPU demanding than the ArmA II, and we all know how Demanding ArmA II is.
The Visuals are Stunning, i guess the setting is what makes it like that. Awesome Terrain, so many scenarios you can build on it.

Ravanger

I personally like it a bit more than amra 2.