ARMA 3: New Features - Gonna Need Some New Undies

Started by StickyWicket, 19-06-2012

INA7HAN

Looks awsome. The fact that you can reload while moving is brilliant, the towing of vehicles awsome. I like how they have included the Swedish and Canadians hopefully they still stick with the British, PMC and UN also. Can't wait to play this online on Domination nor on the DayZ mod

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Frostee

Quote from: INA7HAN on 19-06-2012
Looks awsome. The fact that you can reload while moving is brilliant, the towing of vehicles awsome. I like how they have included the Swedish and Canadians hopefully they still stick with the British, PMC and UN also. Can't wait to play this online on Domination nor on the DayZ mod

You could always reload while moving >_>

INA7HAN

Quote from: Frostee on 19-06-2012

Oh yeah. Then why have they shown reloading on the move as a new feature FUUUUU -_-

Ket

Ugh..... I was gonna say that.. too..

Anyway, I came.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Frostee

Oh yeah. Then why have they shown reloading on the move as a new feature FUUUUU -_-
Because the people who made this are fucking retarded and always stopped to move and were like"I DON WAN TUH MOV WHIL RELODINGZ, SO I SAY ITZ NEW, K?"

lolKieck

Because the people who made this are fucking retarded and always stopped to move and were like"I DON WAN TUH MOV WHIL RELODINGZ, SO I SAY ITZ NEW, K?"
AI didn't reload while running if I recall correctly. Maybe that's new?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

deluxulous

This is NOT ARMA III, it's VBS 2 (Virtual Battlespace 2.) I really wish you guys would read at least the TITLE of the video. Shit, I mean, it's in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

- This is a simulator that is distributed as a simulation/training/exercise program to ACTUAL military entities for whatever purposes they intend to use it for.
Including: Australian Defence Force
Canadian Forces
NATO members
New Zealand Defence Force
Royal Netherlands Army, Maneuver Instruction and Training Center/Ground Maneuver School at Amersfoort (OTCMAN)
Parallel & Distributed Computing Center, Nanyang Technological University
Singapore Armed Forces
United Kingdom Ministry of Defence
United States Army
United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School
United States Marine Corps
United States Secret Service
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2

If you guys aren't trolling I'm so sad right now

Steven :D

Quote from: PistolKid on 19-06-2012
This is NOT ARMA III, it's VBS 2 (Virtual Battlespace 2.) I really wish you guys would read at least the TITLE of the video. Shit, I mean, it's in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

- This is a simulator that is distributed as a simulation/training/exercise program to ACTUAL military entities for whatever purposes they intend to use it for.
Including: Australian Defence Force
Canadian Forces
NATO members
New Zealand Defence Force
Royal Netherlands Army, Maneuver Instruction and Training Center/Ground Maneuver School at Amersfoort (OTCMAN)
Parallel & Distributed Computing Center, Nanyang Technological University
Singapore Armed Forces
United Kingdom Ministry of Defence
United States Army
United States Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School
United States Marine Corps
United States Secret Service
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2

If you guys aren't trolling I'm so sad right now
yeah this is actually used by armies (some) and is like 300 USD To purchase because it can fit pretty gigantic battles and realistic terrain.

INA7HAN

So this is nothing like ARMA 3 great now I have low expectations for ARMA 3 if this is nothing to do with it :(

Ket

Arma 3 or not. DayZ still will be awesome  ;D
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Frostee

Wait, so Sticky Wicket lied to us about this being ArmA III...

lolKieck

Happens, but I guess some of these features will be in ArmA III. Hope they'll add wound system from VBS2.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steven :D

INA7HAN

Quote from: Steven :D on 20-06-2012
Arma 3 - 'Lighting Showcase' Trailer

for now
I really like the diving feature in ARMA 3. Just the idea of attacking somewhere stealthy via the sea would be awsome, expesially if this will be online on the domination game mode. Also those chemlights look really identical to the ones in DayZ mod?

Lucidius

I hope they fix it so that the game isn't completely black and impossible to see in during the afternoon on a sunny day. The build in LDR/HDR in ArmA 2 is awful and I feel further blinded while plaing it. Who'da thought day time would be darker then he evening.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Ket

Yep, almost every route I take is darker, but when I look behind  my eyes get blinded by the light....
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Lucidius

Quote from: Ket on 22-06-2012
Yep, almost every route I take is darker, but when I look behind  my eyes get blinded by the light....

I'm already light insensitive (night blind) so I primarily stopped playing ArmA 2 simply because of that reason I listed above. The LDR/HDR is worse then Bad Company 2's, and that was AWFUL.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]