ARMA 3 ANNOUNCED!!!

Started by deluxulous, 19-05-2011

deluxulous

Full Story: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/arma-3-announced-releasing-summer-2012-first-screenshots/
QuoteAfter weeks of puzzles and hinting, Czech developer Bohemia Interactive has confirmed that a follow-up to its landmark military simulation game, Arma 3, is in development. It's still a PC exclusive, it's set somewhere in the Mediterranean, and it'll retain the fine, sandboxy, multiplayer-friendly, emergent warplay that we expect from the franchise with some key improvements. Within: I dissect every detail of the announcement, play Where In The World Is Arma Sandiego?, and change my pants.

Frostee

Too bad I wouldn't be able to run it D:

Agera

The Witcher: Assassin of Kings
ArmA 3

I's happy

Jared47

You have no idea how happy I am right now. ;D

Maxi96203

Quote from: Jared47 on 19-05-2011

HO HO HO.

Don't I know you from somewhere?
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Jared47

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 19-05-2011
Quote from: Jared47 on 19-05-2011

HO HO HO.

Don't I know you from somewhere?

Possibly. vG? MGS? Either of those are probably it.

deluxulous

@ The discussion of "America using weapons that they don't have" going on in the shoutbox.

http://www.arma3.com/#story
QuoteAfter years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched.

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island.

Meaning that America will most likely take little or no part in this. I'm just assuming at the moment because it only mentions NATO.

Steel

Quote from: PistolKid on 19-05-2011
@ The discussion of "America using weapons that they don't have" going on in the shoutbox.

http://www.arma3.com/#story
QuoteAfter years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched.

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island.

Meaning that America will most likely take little or no part in this. I'm just assuming at the moment because it only mentions NATO.

Apart from the obvious American flags on the uniforms
In the screenshots? You play as yanks. Commanche helicopters? They where cancelled. Gyro rotor kamarovs? They don't exist, neither are they in development. Smells a bit like ArmA will bite the
CoD bullet and go off track with reality a bit here, supposed to be an authentic military simulator. Only appealing thing is the physx.
PR:ARMA II. Nuff said.

Aresty

Like they'd came to you and say " Hey we're developing a new war chopper. "

Steel

Quote from: Aresty on 20-05-2011

And like theyd go to the developers and say the same. Well done, incase you didnt know, Russia is very secretive on their new equipment, i HIGHLY doubt they would release it to a company that is Czech and part of NATO, does that make sense to you? No, so shut it.
Why dont you read along the lines of the other things i said and quit trying to be a troll?

Knife_cz

Quote from: Steel on 20-05-2011

And like theyd go to the developers and say the same. Well done, incase you didnt know, Russia is very secretive on their new equipment, i HIGHLY doubt they would release it to a company that is Czech and part of NATO, does that make sense to you? No, so shut it.
Why dont you read along the lines of the other things i said and quit trying to be a troll?

What is it supposed to do with Czech?

lolKieck

Quote from: knife_cz on 20-05-2011

Bohemia Interactive is a Czech game studio.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Knife_cz

Quote from: lolKieck on 20-05-2011

Yes,wait..I got it now..never mind

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: lolKieck on 20-05-2011

Yes,wait..I got it now..never mind

Reminds me of myself, when I recently discovered that Crytek is a German game studio and has it seat near me, like 30 mins car driving O.o

Agera

20 Fictional Dollars that the helicopter they used to reach Osama Bin Laden doesn't appear.

deluxulous

Minimum requirements according to PC Gamer:

OS – Windows 7 / Vista
CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
GPU – Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
RAM – 2 GB
HDD – 15 GB free space
DVD – Dual Layer compatible
DirectX® – 10

Agera

Mhm. Seems I'll be able to run it on medium.

Steel

I'll buy it because I'm a bohemia fanboy and the mods won't let me down.
All is well, ill be running on maximum!

lolKieck

Quote from: Steel on 21-05-2011
I'll buy it because I'm a bohemia fanboy and the mods won't let me down.
All is well, ill be running on maximum!
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU. Gotta remove more shit from my computer!
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Chrono

I'm buying a new computer this year so yeah i will be running on maximun too !!

Cutch

Gonna get a GTX480 soon so I'll be good for max.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile