Arma 2 FTP

Started by Silver Knight, 25-06-2011

Silver Knight

Arma 2: Free (A2F) redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities. A2F serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer [1] - minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.

Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free - virtual war without the training wheels.

Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined!

NO CREDIT CARD OR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA REQUIRED TO PLAY!

Arma 2 Free Launch Trailer[/size][/color][/size][/font][/font][/color]

http://www.arma2.com/free

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bl★ck Star

Cool, good thing I never bought Arma II :P

Predu

Same here, and I was always interested in this game. Finally I can check it out.

deluxulous

No HD Graphics
No Single Player
No Mods

hahahahahahahaha oh wow. I should re-install ArmA 2 so I can play with some of you guys

Chrono

i prefer having my HD graphics,mods and all the expansions...

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Predu on 25-06-2011
Same here, and I was always interested in this game. Finally I can check it out.

Agera

I don't own the British expansion but the low-quality textures when I play in Multiplayer are horrible.

Paintcheck

Quote from: PistolKid on 25-06-2011
No HD Graphics
No Single Player
No Mods

hahahahahahahaha oh wow. I should re-install ArmA 2 so I can play with some of you guys

It's free for a reason.

May try it out. My laptop couldn't handle HD shit anyway so it might be worth the DL.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Paintcheck on 25-06-2011
Quote from: PistolKid on 25-06-2011
No HD Graphics
No Single Player
No Mods

It's free for a reason.

May try it out. My laptop couldn't handle HD shit anyway so it might be worth the DL.

Steel

No mod support.
Mods make ArmA what it is.

deluxulous

Quote from: Steel on 26-06-2011
No mod support.
Project Reality comes July 1st, right?

lolKieck

ACE and Project Reality make ArmA much more epic.
Oh yeah, can you add scenarios DLd from armaholic to Arma 2 FTP?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steel

Quote from: PistolKid on 26-06-2011
Quote from: Steel on 26-06-2011
No mod support.
Project Reality comes July 1st, right?

Information of which cannot be disclosed, But yes [R-DEV]UK_FORCE said in the latest highlights reel that PR should be coming in July.
Try ACE aswell.

FTP is good, because a lot of people buy arma and don't like it, at least this way you can try it properly before buying.

Archaeon

The largest issue about this is that it is not compatible with Combined Operations or Operation Arrowhead, which most ArmA II players use.

Steel

Quote from: Archaeon on 27-06-2011
The largest issue about this is that it is not compatible with Combined Operations or Operation Arrowhead, which most ArmA II players use.

The idea is that you actually buy the game if you like it. Marketing strategy, keep in mind Bohemia interactive are a small company and ArmA is within a very niche genre, this is an attempt to broaden their playerbase.