Amnesia - The dark descent

Started by Bl★ck Star, 18-09-2010

Bl★ck Star

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Scary Gameplay

The last remaining memories fade away into darkness. Your mind is a mess and only a feeling of being hunted remains. You must escape.

Awake...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a first person survival horror. A game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare. An experience that will chill you to the core.

You stumble through the narrow corridors as the distant cry is heard.
It is getting closer.

Explore...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent puts you in the shoes of Daniel as he wakes up in a desolate castle, barely remembering anything about his past. Exploring the eerie pathways, you must also take part of Daniel's troubled memories. The horror does not only come from the outside, but from the inside as well. A disturbing odyssey into the dark corners of the human mind awaits.

A sound of dragging feet? Or is your mind playing tricks on you?

Experience...
By using a fully physically simulated world, cutting edge 3D graphics and a dynamic sound system, the game pulls no punches when trying to immerse you. Once the game starts, you will be in control from the beginning to the end. There are no cut-scenes or time-jumps, whatever happens will happen to you first hand.

Something emerges out of the darkness. It's approaching. Fast.

Survive...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent throws you headfirst into a dangerous world where danger can lurk behind every corner. Your only means of defense are hiding, running or using your wits.

Do you have what it takes to survive?

"An unforgettable survival horror experience."
- IGN (85%)

"Amnesia shows us by example that gaming has entirely new realms to explore."
- Game Informer (9.25/10)

"I think it is safe to say that Amnesia is the most successfully frightening game to have been made."
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun

"Rich in atmosphere and big on scares, Amnesia: The Dark Descent goes where survival-horror fears to tread."
- PC Gamer UK (88%)

"If you love horror, there's no two ways about it: you must play Amnesia."
- Neoseeker (90%)

"The gameplay, graphics and sound all coalesce into a perfectly-paced, unforgettably terrifying experience."
- Adventure Gamers (4.5/5)

Demo Link: http://www.amnesiagame.com/#demo
Steam Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

Awesome Game, I freaked out Several times, I fucking closed my Game when I saw the first Enemy stalking around a Corner O.o and Iam fucking Paranoid when I play that Game, my Head is tricking me all the Time to think something is behind me, because you often hear random footsteps etc.

On the other side, The Game Engine is awesome, If you want to open a Door, Locker, Cupboard etc. you need to hold left click and move your mouse like you're really opening it

Does someone else already played it ?

I can only tell you Guys to buy that game it's awesome.

Predu

Yeah, I've played Penumbra, which is very much like this and was before this. It was a great horror game, could try this aswell.

Chrono

omg this game is so awesome i finished it today,its the first horror game that actually scared me and the sounds and the atmosphere they created is so scary and well made. you always expect surprises and monsters comming behind,etc...one time i got so scared that i closed the game and only launched it again 3 hours later =p

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Chrono on 18-09-2010
omg this game is so awesome i finished it today,its the first horror game that actually scared me and the sounds and the atmosphere they created is so scary and well made. you always expect surprises and monsters comming behind,etc...one time i got so scared that i closed the game and only launched it again 3 hours later =p

Same xDD

Silver Knight

Yarr, im going to grab me this and stick it with the rest of my booty, yarrr.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silence)

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-09-2010
Yarr, im going to grab me this and stick it with the rest of my booty, yarrr.
Sexy...
I would like to try this game but i'm not up to dying soon..maybe in a few years..

Ralazo

I just finished it, overal the game is awesome.
Epic ambience and shit. The ending was however horrible and it lacked anything special.
It was rather boring and you could do three different endings, one is optional as you can choose to help that dude.

Fine game but the ending sucks.

Silver Knight

Ive got to the cellar archieves which are flooded - so far i would say it's very scary and the ambience is great, however there is a lack of logic in this game since there are windows you could quite easily break out of- holes that you could climb out of and least of all- why so much beer and whine everywhere...

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Chrono

I finished it too and well the ending really sucks...

Bl★ck Star

Iam acctualy at the beginning of the Game where you are in the Achiv Room and the First Monster appears

Locke

Played this with some friends, it's so fun for a few shits and giggles, scary game.

Ravanger

The ending made me feel warm inside.

Plunger

Quote from: Last.Exile on 19-09-2010
Ive got to the cellar archieves which are flooded - so far i would say it's very scary and the ambience is great, however there is a lack of logic in this game since there are windows you could quite easily break out of- holes that you could climb out of and least of all- why so much beer and whine everywhere...
You're going to fell halla dumb when you beat it.