All is not lost, but is this really a replacement?

Started by SGT-Spartans, 16-05-2012

SGT-Spartans

http://www.moddb.com/games/cryzone-sector-23/news/project-cryzone-loses-the-status-of-modification

Most of us who like stalker have probably heard about Cryzone. Yesterday it lost its modification status ( duh, in the link ), but do you guys think it will be just as fun as a GSC-built STALKER?
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Lucidius

I dont.

I personally believe that how a game feels plays and moves is entirely relient on the game engine. Take CS and CSS for instance. Source is based off of the Goldsource engine but it modded so heavily that it is essentially its own game engine. Movement and shooting are very different in the two evein if they are a remake by the SAME COMPANY. (I'de compared HL:S and HL but I never played HL:S but i'm sure you'lll see what I mean)

At most the weapons look and sound like Crysis weapons and even if they're tweeked they may never feel the same as any weapons from STALKER.

Another example would be Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 1943 (a remake on a new engine)
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Silver Knight

They are turning it into a commercial game so it's no longer stalker now and will loose all stalker models, contents etc. They should have kept it as a mod.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period