Aliens vs. Predator Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 01-02-2010

Silver Knight

General Information:
In the all-new Aliens vs. Predator players will have the chance to take the role of the three infamous species; the Colonial Marine, the Predator and the Alien. Each of the three species has its very own distinct story-driven single-player campaign mode that interweaves with the campaigns of the other two species. Aliens vs. Predator will also feature unique 3-way online multiplayer, allowing gamers to pit the three species against each other in the ultimate battle for survival and for the right to be crowned the deadliest species.

On planet BG-386 a colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the stars a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs, whilst deep inside the ruined pyramid a malevolent intelligence awakes from centuries of dormancy.

Platforms & Release Dates:

PC, PS3 and Xbox360

Due for release on 19/02/2010

Pc Requirements

Minimum Requirements
Windows 7/ XP/Vista
1 GB System RAM (XP)/ 2 GB System RAM (Vista)
3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4/Athlon 64 3000+ or equivalent processor
DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better, ATI X1600 or better)

Recommended Requirements
Windows 7/ XP/Vista
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or equivalent processor
2 GB System RAM
DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI HD2900 PRO or better)

Media:

Video's:

Alien vs Predator - E3 2009 Demo HD
Alien vs predator (PS3) E3 part 1
Alien vs predator (PS3) E3 gameplay part 2

Links:
<Insert Links Here>

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Szenti

Can't wait to play the game! I would get it for 360 to be honest, but I need Gold to play on Multiplayer, so I want to buy it for PC too...
P.S.: LOL THEY ARE GOING TO RELEASE IT 2 DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Szenti on 02-02-2010
Can't wait to play the game! I would get it for 360 to be honest, but I need Gold to play on Multiplayer, so I want to buy it for PC too...
P.S.: LOL THEY ARE GOING TO RELEASE IT 2 DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY.

Get it for PC otherwise you will be playing it by yourself.

Bl★ck Star

TOTALLY BUYING IT FOR PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!11

Steel

The only issue with this game... Everyone will wanna play as predator.

Silver Knight

Quote from: The Jackal on 03-02-2010
The only issue with this game... Everyone will wanna play as predator.

Im more interested in playing as a Alien tbh.

Steel

Ah i got my eyes on the Colonial marines.
I love the fucking pulse rifle.

Szenti

I'm looking forward to the marines, they are very weak, and easy to kill, BUT thats the point! It will be a challenge to kill Aliens...

Bl★ck Star

Assassinator

Already pre-ordered, I will remove your skulls.

Steel

Quote from: Assassinator1097 on 05-02-2010
Already pre-ordered, I will remove your skulls.

I dont even know if i should get it or not, im reluctant to get it on pc because the graphics on my machine are going to be shit.

Bl★ck Star

GAH! fucking Germany it wont even come out here, so i need to import it >.>

and theres no demo for german player D:

Steel

Spoke to someone last night who played the demo, he's a big PC GAmer and he just said "it's not for for PC"

Szenti

Quote from: The Jackal on 06-02-2010
Spoke to someone last night who played the demo, he's a big PC GAmer and he just said "it's not for for PC"
Then I buy a dog, and not AvP for PC.

Steel

He was just saying it hasnt got the feel for PC.
Controls and all that are for console.

Zarrick

Unless you have a computer that is the turds, you wont be able to play anything over than the Marine, and maybe the predator...I just played it now, and the Alien is so underpowered, and everytime I cling to a wall and start crawling all over it my stomach lurchs and I get confused so fast...by which time the Predator has pulled one of about....five? of his supreme Xenomorph hunting weapons and sliced me in half, cut my head off and used it as a shield.

I honestly do think it'd be a really good game if they sorted out the balance issues, Aliens are also great if y'know how to play...Its one of those games where you have to know your class (Race in this case), and I bet there'll be Marines that can take down two preds whens its released..basically.

Marine: Your FPS class.
Alien: Those who like the Thief games, Stealth is here but aswell as hyper running clawing at yer' enemies balls combat aswell.
Predator: This class is sooooo easy to play, and I bet there'll be true masters of the Alien and Marine classes that they'll just be pwned everytime aswell.

The SP will be great, but the MP...that Map is SUITED for Aliens, how the hell will they survive in a different map? Meh...I'd probably buy this for the PS3, like Jackal said I think its just one of those games that'd work better with the PS3, not just for controls but for the graphics to.

My recc is that if you want to play an AVP game, play an older one...until the single player for the new one comes out ofcourse, and yes it does look like a bunch'a retarded lego bricks, but so does Deus Ex and that was great to.

Oh yeah and Silver, can we bring back HGN AVP RP Plox, that was going so well and with these new models that you could get from the new game it'd look da
bomb aswell.

The above is also highlighted so you read it =D
====================================

====================================

Steel

The majority of big games now are suited for damn consoles, thats the problem.

Silver Knight

It's a good game, but as a critic, i have a few things which need to be added, i understand it's fast paced, but these are small things which can easily make all the worth.

I feel that the marine should be able to crouch, it's natural, that a marine would want to duck down in a corner to avoid something, or jump. I feel it's kinda of a step back in some ways with the marine, as it feels like counter strike, being unable to aim your weapon.

My ownly complaint about the alien is not being able to use your inner mouth as a weapon like in the orginal AVP games, i enjoyed biting into the heads of my foes at my own will, but now it's just some linear trothy kill, which is somewhat satisfying but i want abit of freedom with what i can do.

Predator is a fun race to play, the weaponry is truely amazing, i don't really have anything to complain about with them, they are perfect.

On the general side, i really hope they add in the facehugger as a playable class, i mean, it's nice playing as a drone, but i would be highly interesting as playing as a facehugger. Although i see the point of, once attached to the face of a opponent, it won't come off, but i suppose i really hope it's in the "Infestation gamemode"

RAPTOR

Lol silver just cause you got your ass handed lol :p
also i was browsing avp galaxy forums and came across this.
i was laughing my ass off.
I chill quite often.

Silver Knight

I suck at marine, but im brilliant at Alien and Predator, go figure. Does this mean im famous now?

Royz

I suck at this game, Im simply walking then next thing I know, Im grabbed then imapaled. Or when Im marine. They hit me once, I shoot them, they hit me again and I drop dead.

Bl★ck Star

I ALSO WANT THE DEMO ! GAH !!!!!!!

Bl★ck Star

mwhahahaha i cant play the pc demo but iam dling the ps3 demo right now

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: downloaded ..... and theres only friend match (means you can only play with PS3 friends) now i need ppl to play, who here has a PS3 with AvP demo and wanna play ?

Assassinator

Honestly, I see a bunch of people saying they don't like the game and the first thought that comes to mind, "You suck?". The game itself is fine in my opinion, all classes are balanced. Even though I'm not good at Marines, I see others winning matches as them. Predators don't ALWAYS win. They're required to wait for prey to some degree as aliens just rush. That's why if an alien or marine is getting fed by people who suck i.e. the general populace that say the game is crap, the predator has a tough time winning.

ThY

My PC just cant handle anything anymore. Looks like ill be the only to get it on PS3 sadly. :(