Alien Swarm

Started by Bl★ck Star, 18-07-2010

Pawx

Quote from: Last.Exile on 19-07-2010
Im working on putting our own server up, however max players are 4, and we a really arn't that small of a community... I think it's using match making too, which pisses me off.

Matchmaking is my favorite system in a game, Ten Times easier to Join games and make a lobby to play with your buddys.

deluxulous

brb enjoying new tf2 parasite hat

Szenti

I know why Alien Swarm was delayed...

*Robin strolls by the development team to ask some questions*
Robin: "So ... How many hats does this game feature?"

AS developer: "Erm ... it doesn't have any hats in it"

Robin: "NO HATS? ARE YOU SERIOUS? How can you play a game without hats? The top of my head will be cold man! I'll be prone to all sort of viral hair infections! NO, THIS GAME NEEDS HATS"

AS Developer: "Maybe ... we could ..."

*Robin drifts off thinking of hats*

Robin: "Mmmm, haaaaaaatss"

AS Developer: "Sir ... ?"

*Robin hears a whiny voice in the distance and focuses on it with an angry face*

Robin: "One way or another, THERE WILL BE A HAT INVOLVED!"

AS Developer: "What if we give TF2 players a hat when they get a certain achievement"

Robin: "What kind of hat?"

AS Developer: "I don't know ... Maybe some sort of infected hat?"

Robin: "I suggest we make a hat for TF2 and give players it when get a certain achievement"

AS Developer: "That's what I just s..."

Robin: "Did you say something?"

AS Developer: "Errr ... No ... sir"

Robin: "Good, we'll delay this game until you have made me a suitable hat. Well, what are you still doing here? You have a hat to make!"

AS Developer: "Ye.. Yes sir."

And this is why AS was delayed.
And a question: I have sound problems, the sound goes away, and comes back, I don't hear the game, Music, Ventrilo, nothing. And its happening with Alien Swarm always. Its fucking annoying, not hearing my friends talking on Ventrilo, hearing the music, sounds etc... Sheeeeeeeet. Help?:ß.

Hotstarr

Quote from: Pawx on 19-07-2010

Quote from: Last.Exile on 19-07-2010
Im working on putting our own server up, however max players are 4, and we a really arn't that small of a community... I think it's using match making too, which pisses me off.

Matchmaking is my favorite system in a game, Ten Times easier to Join games and make a lobby to play with your buddys.

Also, openserverbrowser. Type that in the console, and you get a list of several servers. You can use this to connect to specific servers in L4D 1 and 2.

deluxulous

I need to finish Residential and Timo Station (or whatever) on Hard. Really, I think Sewers won't be a challenge, but those two are troublesome.

Any people willing to help? Level 20 here. Good medic/officer.

Welek

Quote from: PistolKid on 20-07-2010
I need to finish Residential and Timo Station (or whatever) on Hard. Really, I think Sewers won't be a challenge, but those two are troublesome.

Any people willing to help? Level 20 here. Good medic/officer.

level 19 here brb infected hat tho.

Bl★ck Star

Iam still dling, My internet is so bad here I only dled with 8 kb/s yesterday, Dling with 100 kb/s right now xD

deluxulous

Just need Timor Station on Hard, now. Level 24, so close to 25.

Locke

I have played with a good deal of people from HGN who play this game, and I have learned the game is REALLY unforgiving.

Bl★ck Star

I find it pretty hard right now, but I only played 3 maps yet xDD

Also enjoying my new Parasite Hat xD

Ravanger

Dude I already maxed out my level today.

Devrick

Love this game!

Bl★ck Star

Lvl 8 Medic now

commanthe2

Level 13 tech. Anyone need a turret? How about a door welded.

deluxulous

Almost to 26. ALMOST.

Bl★ck Star

Lvl 15 Medic now ^^

Bl★ck Star

bump

22 medic now xD

My friend is already lvl 1 Promotion 1

Lucidius

My Main is tech ;-;
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Royz

**Playing insane**

Infested gets a hold of you.

GIVE THE FUCK UP!

deluxulous

Royz

Bl★ck Star

QuoteTwin pistosl fun club.
You got it right, it is
Twin Pistols Fun Club

Twin pistols are the most awesome weapon, using them you always look badass and usefull, doing absolutely nothing and killing absolutely no one. You allies do all the dirty work, die at the end, then you rush with full health (because you stood back to stay fine) and win the mission. Everybody thinkk you are so badass with pistols so you are the only survivor!

In our funclub we are the lovers of Twin Pistols and we have some notes about this weapon.

Twin pistols don't fit with health pack, because it makes you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with flares, because auto-aim makes you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with trip mines, because they make you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with armor, because it makes you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with x2 damage aura, because it makes you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with rocket badges, because they make you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with freeze grenades, because they make you look less badass due to killing helpfull enemies.
Twin pistols don't fit with tesla traps, because they make you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with powerfist, because it makes you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with handgrenades, because they make you look less badass.
Twin pistols don't fit with smart bomb, because it makes you look less badass.

Twin pistols fit with welder.
Twin pistols fit with adrenaline due to badassity.
Twin pistols fit with flashlight, beccause it alows you to see enemies.
Twin pistols fit with nightvision googles, because you are like Sam Fisher with pistols and in nightvision googles.
Twin pistols fit with jets, because of badassity.
Twin pistols fit with blinks, because you are like a lighting!
Twin pistols fit only with twin pistols as a secondary weapon!

As you understood, twin pistols provide full badassity and allow you to look very cool, don't do anything and be respected. Plus you always shock swarms trying to kill them with twin pistols and a flashlight.

Twin pistols are the unique weapon, they are mobile and allow you to run away from your teammates while they are shooting bugs and weld the doors, then always spam smile emotes and finally kill the entire team!

Twin pistols are so cool, that you can easily make parasites sit on your teammates if those bastards (teammates) didn't die before, so you can finish the level alone and look badass, because with pistols you run like Forest Gump.

Only with twin pistols you can say: "Ha ha, you ♥♥♥♥♥ are using tesla and i am going for real chalange" and make teammates take their teslas away and take pistols and then die during the mission!

Twin pistols on insane make you badass! Enough said.

Kill a shield bug with twin pistols after it killed all your squad at the end of Sewers level and look like a hero!

Spam adrenaline when you need to run away and make your teammates die - only possible with twin pistols!

On a final note, twin pistols are the most helpfull in teamwork

if your mate has go twin pistols and you both sabotage the squad.

From Steam Forums