"Outbreak", A CryEngine3 game!

Started by Poopship, 13-06-2011

Poopship

Me and some friends are going to be creating a game, currently unnamed but we will create a name sometime soon. It will of course be using the CryEngine3. We hope to make it fun for anyone who enjoys zombies to play. Read more in the link.

http://warheadstudios.net/forums/thread-10.html

-Rusty

Ravanger

Reminds me of a little indie game lol, Project zomboid.

lolKieck

Rather than making hunger, thirst, sleep exclusive for hardcore, make it turnable on and off at the start of the game. I personally prefer to play alone with easiest or normal difficulty, but it pisses me off that in FNV you can't have hunger, thrist and sleep on non-hardcore difficulties.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ralazo

I'd like to help out if your interested in some sort of help.
Concepts etc.

Killor

Quote from: Ralazo on 14-06-2011
Concepts etc.
Well, zombie concept art would be nice...

But if your even a good texture artist we can work out something :)

Quote from: lolKieck on 14-06-2011
Rather than making hunger, thirst, sleep exclusive for hardcore, make it turnable on and off at the start of the game. I personally prefer to play alone with easiest or normal difficulty, but it pisses me off that in FNV you can't have hunger, thrist and sleep on non-hardcore difficulties.

The difference between Hardcore and Normal is the fact these turn on, between both modes the base traits like health, damage and other things still are the same :)

The reason why we added the 2nd is that maybe some players don't want to deal with that extra grief of thirst or want to be playing the next expansion pack to The Sims 3. Which now i would have bought that game if it was the case.

lolKieck

Quote from: Killor on 14-06-2011
Quote from: Ralazo on 14-06-2011
Concepts etc.
Well, zombie concept art would be nice...

But if your even a good texture artist we can work out something :)

The difference between Hardcore and Normal is the fact these turn on, between both modes the base traits like health, damage and other things still are the same :)

The reason why we added the 2nd is that maybe some players don't want to deal with that extra grief of thirst or want to be playing the next expansion pack to The Sims 3. Which now i would have bought that game if it was the case.
I meant difficulty, more zombies, well, I don't want to be swarmed by a horde of 50+ wherever I go.

R3BooT

I like the classic zombies. Slow and can only die from a few headshots. But they also go in a 4-150 size group in the movies. But for FPS and player's sake, I'd keep zombie groups 20-30 max.

Also:

http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=797
funny gifs

Killor

Quote from: R3BooT on 14-06-2011
I like the classic zombies. Slow and can only die from a few headshots. But they also go in a 4-150 size group in the movies. But for FPS and player's sake, I'd keep zombie groups 20-30 max.

Also:

http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=797

We will take this into consideration, and probably might be what we will end up doing.
Throwing this out there. There will be only one type of zombie, normal slow dumb ones you see in like the TV Show 'The Walking Dead'

Regarding FPS, The Cryengine 3 has a way of running a "virtual" way of FPS on slow computers and I will be using that and will be getting feedback from our testers from that standpoint.

I meant difficulty, more zombies, well, I don't want to be swarmed by a horde of 50+ wherever I go.

I think straight up by keeping a low profile and not alarming the zombies by, firing unsupressed weapons, smashing windows, causing any havoc. You should be fine from zombie hordes.

It's really going down to just plain playing it smart.

lolKieck

Will the zombies react with only sight, or will they hear and smell too ?

Steel

Just keep it realistic and I will play it until the end of time. Like you said Killor, one class of zombies, couldn't agree more.

Renay

I'm a total zombie freak and I play every zombie game and watch every zombie movie.

I'd really like to help in any way possible, though for me that would mostly be ideas and feedback, cause I can't script or make animations or anything. But if you can think of some job to give me, I'll be glad to do my best. :)

Edit: As for zombie classes, there could be more than one in a realistic way. Fat people turn into zombies too, bodybuilder zombies, wheelchair zombies... 
You'd just have to make them pretty rare to keep it realistic

Bl★ck Star

If you need an Voice Actor with a german Accent, I would help ^^ or I could maybe work out a horror theme song for the mod.

Killor

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 15-06-2011
If you need an Voice Actor with a german Accent, I would help ^^ or I could maybe work out a horror theme song for the mod.

Mod? No son, this is a full fledged game!

We may need voice actors for our game in due time, when available we will make noise possibly here and our forums.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Killor on 15-06-2011
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 15-06-2011

Mod? No son, this is a full fledged game!

We may need voice actors for our game in due time, when available we will make noise possibly here and our forums.

Yeah I ment game, but I tend to say mod, sorry ^^

Ralazo

If you need a guy with a terrible Dutch accent on his English, I'm your man.
Also Rusty, if you have steam add me; Ralazor

Killor

Anyways guys, if have any ideas or suggestions that you all need to express to us, signup on our forums and post them here: http://warheadstudios.net/forums/thread-12-lastpost.html

Just to let you guys know, we can't exactly begin production on the actual level's until the month of Augest when the CryEngine 3 releases for indie dev's. Until then, we will be making models and stuff :)

Agera

That's pretty cool. I might pop up in your forums and throw ideas around and stuff. Too bad I know nothing of code/modeling/etc.

Poopship

We need Russian accents and a german accent would be insta-accepted.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Poopship

Quote from: Jake on 16-06-2011
I am Russian.

If you want, send us a vocal clip, we will see.

Killor

Well, we made a new announcement about the project getting a name!

http://www.warheadstudios.net/forums/thread-14-post-21.html#pid21

KingArthur

Thanks for keeping us posted- do not think 1/2 of us wont download it if you put it up :)

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Poopship on 16-06-2011

I am German

Poopship

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 20-06-2011
Quote from: Poopship on 16-06-2011

I am German

Congratulations, make an account, talk to Killor, be a voice actor.

Killor