"Outbreak", A CryEngine3 game!

Started by Poopship, 13-06-2011

lolKieck

You're going to make a wide variety of weapons?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Killor

Quote from: lolKieck on 28-06-2011

Yes. fllr

lolKieck

Quote from: Killor on 28-06-2011

Yes. fllr
Fllr? Care to elaborate?
And I suggest making more handguns than other weapons.

Chrono

Totally agree more melee weapons and handguns than other weapons (rifles,shotguns etc). Ah some realistic (i think i spelled this wrong) makeshift weapons *Looks to the eletric machete from dead island*

Killor

Quote from: Killor on 28-06-2011

Yes. fllr
Fllr? Care to elaborate?
And I suggest making more handguns than other weapons.

fllr means Filler. Nothing related.

Melee weapons and other things like i stated in my earlier posts that you can basically use anything as a weapon. Like a brick.

We here have been working on a concept weapons list and it is a decent amount of handguns and such.

lolKieck

R3BooT

Factions?
I wouldn't prefer factions unless it's just the military. Groups are good though, I mean, how in the fuck would there be a entire network of bandits teaming up together all throughout the city? It would be cool to see groups rather than factions, military being the exception.
funny gifs

Agera

I hope it's not like Dead Island when they try to make a "realistic" game and end up with electrified machetes.

Renay

Quote from: Agera on 28-06-2011
I hope it's not like Dead Island when they try to make a "realistic" game and end up with electrified machetes.

Yeah, I was dissappointed too, heads explode and arms fly off way too much in the trailers, I can only hope for some good modding support, then wait till somebody releases a realism mod similiar to the Fallout 3 ones.

Knife_cz

Quote from: R3BooT on 28-06-2011
Factions?
I wouldn't prefer factions unless it's just the military. Groups are good though, I mean, how in the fuck would there be a entire network of bandits teaming up together all throughout the city? It would be cool to see groups rather than factions, military being the exception.

I would like to see like only one "group" or "squad" of military.Some safe place.

lolKieck

Factions?
Few outposts with radios, maybe even built by some technicians can team up, send patrols, loot few stores, barricade the hell out with cars and other things.

Oh yeah, will there be any way of breaking siege of zombies, which are besieging your hideout?

Poopship

Quote from: lolKieck on 29-06-2011
Factions?
Few outposts with radios, maybe even built by some technicians can team up, send patrols, loot few stores, barricade the hell out with cars and other things.

Oh yeah, will there be any way of breaking siege of zombies, which are besieging your hideout?

Yes, we will try to put that in.

lolKieck

Maybe many options, like putting shitloads of sound-emitting objects (like speakers), some MP3 and when your house is besieged, you can use something to turn on dubstep music (bass + lots of sounds) and the zombies will go besiege that house so you can get your items and run away.

Killor

Quote from: lolKieck on 04-07-2011
Maybe many options, like putting shitloads of sound-emitting objects (like speakers), some MP3 and when your house is besieged, you can use something to turn on dubstep music (bass + lots of sounds) and the zombies will go besiege that house so you can get your items and run away.

Yes, there will be forms of drawing the zombies movement to a certain area using things such as alarms and such.

_______

I can't confirm anything, I don't know the exact limits of the Cryengine 3 contains. But we will in our very best try to put the many logical things into this game while keeping it true to our concept.

lolKieck

Awesome, so how is the work going?

Killor

Quote from: lolKieck on 11-07-2011
Awesome, so how is the work going?

Well, for one. We can't show anything, because the Free Cryengine 3 SDK hasn't been released. Mainly we have been working on is a bit of story, mission/dialogue and ideas for the game. As well as setting up social media, websites and other small things as we await for the month of Augest when the SDK is planned to be release.

Killor

If anyone has been following us lately we have hinted the possibility of a audio log story trailer being released to get you guys indepth on how the world reacts to the outbreak.

We also have been playing around with our website to finally introduce our blog and polls in which you can participate in! Some of the polls may actually change the way we develop a certain part of the game based on majority decisions.

And it's now Augest and CryEngine 3 is now just around the corner. If the CE3 SDK were to be released in a 2 week period, Ffans may actually see a short early alpha build being played end september - mid october.

The company is heating up and is extremely ready for CryEngine 3. You might even say...born ready.

~Killor

KingArthur

Awesome. Good luck with it.