What's With All the Teen Singers Now a days?

Started by Frostee, 20-03-2011

Frostee

Chrono

its teens with acess to autotune and itunes

Pink!

It is merely a mark of changing values - record companies have been intentionally creating acceptable 'idols' since the 1950s.

During the 1980s, the rise of MTV helped create multiple careers marketed at a teen demographic. In 1990 and 2000, boy bands were the hallmark of any teen's bedroom wall. As we enter a new generation and demographic - one more sophisticated with technology - the notion of a single, approachable idol (preferably one who 'outshone' the rest) is extremely marketable.

Look back - Justin Bieber is not the first. There was Vanilla Ice, Hillary Duff, Boyz 2 Men, New Kids on the Block...

EDIT: On another note, singers between the ages of fifteen and twenty typically have the best vocals for sugary, bubblegum-styled pop.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

N3gativezero

Quote from: Pink! on 20-03-2011

EDIT: On another note, singers between the ages of fifteen and twenty typically have the best vocals for sugary, bubblegum-styled pop.

So people enjoy listening to songs where the lead singer's voice is pre-pubescant and so nasaly my ears bleed? What has the world come to?
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Dug

Still listening to Metallica & Co.
Rest of this crap just makes my ears bleed.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Dug on 21-03-2011
Still listening to Metallica & Co.
Rest of this crap just makes my ears bleed.

Same,except that i listen to techno

N3gativezero

To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Killabreu

Death Metal Friday

Even if I don't like this kind of metal, I found this to be hilarious.

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.

Ragolution

Quote from: Killabreu on 21-03-2011
Death Metal Friday

Not enough screaming not enough headbang.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Killabreu on 21-03-2011
Death Metal Friday

COULD NOT STOP LOLING. In the begining of the video when the vocalist came in, I honestly thought they were moshing in the background.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Cutch

The reason for the flux of teen singers is because record companies saw the success of Justin Bieber and seriously misunderstood the teen male demograph and thought they could market a teen girl that sounds like she needs Amarix.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Goose

~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

RanmaChan

"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."