The six types of forum posters.`

Started by meetdadoom, 01-07-2011

meetdadoom

Backstory: I was strolling through starcraft 2 forums when all of the sudden I found this thread and I decided to read it. Holy shit does this thread really pertain to HGN. This thread is made by the forum user Starshayd.

1. The Zergling
This guy is the second guy to post on every thread because he's constantly zipping through the forums like a maniacal lunatic no-lifer. Every word in scrutinized, seared, and sent a singularly summarized sentence of sarcastic satire in a simply silly supposition of seeming smart. Often the attention span of this poster lasts only long enough to crush the thread in singular mocking post and leaving it to the others to finish the kill. He usually provides no proof and can't stand up to debate, but at least he thinks he sounds all-wise.

2. The Zealot
This guy is often the OP himself, but if another Zealot wanders into the thread, there will be a fight to the death. They will not let their point rest. They believe they fight for honor, dignity, and the principle that they are always right and that the forums really matter in the big scheme of things. If someone disagrees, they are wrong and must be shown to the world as being wrong, simple as that.

3. The Ghost
This is the guy everyone thinks he is but only the few elite achieve. The Ghost enters a thread out of nowhere, fires out a single perfectly-worded sentence or lays down a bomb of OBVIOUS, and then sneaks away to let his victims lick their wounds. Refusing to stay for a lasting engagement, he's content on speaking his mind and leaving it be.

4. The Baneling
You know who you are. You like to watch the explosion. Heck, you like to BE the explosion. If it drives people crazy and spawns pages and pages of rage and strife, it's right up your alley. Sometimes you even know you've been proven wrong, but you'll keep it going to see how long it'll go. Sarcasm, WRITING IN ALL CAPS, mocking, and more sarcasm are your favorite tools. You are the Zergling, but EVOLVED. You scare the rest of us.

5. The High Templar
This guy's good and knows it. Obnoxiously arrogant, he listens to no one he believes inferior, which is, well, everybody. Sadly for the rest of us, he is usually right and makes some seriously valid points. He is very good for toasting a whole bunch of Zerglings and Banelings in a single post, but often loses steam to endure the constant onslaught that more will bring.

6. The Raven
This guy knows everything technical about the game. He knows all the terms, facts, and details of all the units, upgrades, and doodads and is open to sharing. Often unbiased, he's just the fact guy and delights in sharing his intellect for the rest of the rabble to use as ammunition in their never-ending pyre of flaming. He doesn't mind how they use his info, though, he just likes being the smart one of the bunch.

Which are you?

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

jaik

probably 6th or 3rd or 2nd
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Hmmm..zerling or maybe a ghost?

Maxi96203

Most likely 2, or 1, maybe even 3.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Turkey

Maxi96203

Quote from: Turkey on 01-07-2011

That, besides the raging and pages and pages of rage.

Bl★ck Star

Duranblackraven

deluxulous

Ragolution

High templar, at your service.

meetdadoom

I like how so far all the people who said are ghosts (3) are not ghosts but like the description says, they think they are when they reall aren't. I honestly don't think we have any ghosts in HGN.

Turkey

Paintcheck is the only ghost

deluxulous

rate me oh divine judge of posters

irondeity

Im the unlisted Carrier. When I show up, I make you have a bad fucking day, then leave with a smile on my face when you 'GG' out of the thread.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

deluxulous

w/e i prefer the dawn of war rating system.

Smirnoff

"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Bl★ck Star

Akira is the only ghost.

nKe

I think im just a Marine, maybe Phoenix, you decide

irondeity

Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

jaik

itt "I AM THE BEST POSTER FUCK YOU GUYS"
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

meetdadoom

Meh, he is somewhat close to one however he has aspepcts of a High Templar.

Quote from: irondeity on 02-07-2011
Im the unlisted Carrier. When I show up, I make you have a bad fucking day, then leave with a smile on my face when you 'GG' out of the thread.
LOL
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 02-07-2011
Akira is the only ghost.
Oh yeah, I am almost forgot about Akira. Yeah, I guess akira is a ghost.

lolKieck

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Maxi96203

Steven :D

Cutch

I always thought Plunger as a cross between a Ghost and a Zerg. He counters pretty much everyone but sticks around to counter their counter-arguments.

Oh and hi.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile