Okay, serious question here.

Started by Fister, 08-07-2012

Fister

God, that fucking subject doesn't sound serious at all.

Oh well, I have an entirely serious question for most of the people here.

Not trying to troll or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

Why do you guys roleplay in all of these different games?

I can KIND OF understand Stalker, G-Mod Dark RP, Etc. But Terraria/Minecraft? howhowhowhowhow.

This is just me trying to understand.

OH, and the frequent posts? I kind of do that, and there seems to be a lot of stuff for me to post on.
Expect me to be close to you all like the creepy uncle you don't really like.

SGT-Spartans

Uh because the lore of minecraft and terraria is so deep and the characters are so real, graphics, etc, and they are built for RPing clearly.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

lolKieck

I'd like to know that too, Fister. Terrarians come to GVC, they may tell you why.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Knife_cz

The door is over there.

nKe

I have no idea how someone can RP in Minecraft. Last time I checked RP server it was horrible bullcrap filled with power hungry 12 year old kids as admins who did not even know what "RP" stands for.

JRParadox

Quote from: lolKieck on 09-07-2012
I'd like to know that too, Fister. Terrarians come to GVC, they may tell you why.
inb4 someone who doesn't understand GVC or RP comes along

Seriously though terraria is just more accessible due to the lack of backstory allowing us to do whatever the hell we want with the game and the world, secondly it is more accessible due to the fact that you just need the game as to a newbie the SVN shit can be confusing and annoying when textures or models don't work or you don't have the correct games and whatnot. All of this accessibility means we have a more varied and expansive experience with people coming and going with many ideas and frames of mind whereas in the GMod servers it is generally more of a core player base (at least to my knowledge). The third way in which we are accessible is the nature of the game allows every person to make their own physical creations which are there instantly in game as opposed to learning how to work SDK then sending your map to Silver and hoping he likes that shit (or however additions work).

This means that Terraria RP is a much more versatile experience with changes constantly occurring in which you can create any RP you want as long as it fits in with the small backstory/lore and seems acceptable to the community and the moderators. On the other hand you need to know a load about what has happened in the GMod universes to understand what's going on, this is especially true to the SWRP (which I'm going to play a load when/if it comes out hopefully) where you will have had to have read the entire Wookipedia to understand it.

tl;dr Terraria RP is easy to pick up and play making it a very versatile and generally happier place to RP

I've probably forgotten loads of things and this is really only scraping on one aspect of it, I will discuss and defend Terraria RP if anyone is up for discussion in this thread and hopefully stop the bullshit myths surrounding us in the process.

This post seems to serious, so here's a cat:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Maxi96203

multiple addons and plugins

and for admins you're mostly right
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Kamimaia

Quote from: Fister on 08-07-2012

Its funny because you have a cock in your sig.

Fister

Quote from: JRParadox on 09-07-2012

Seriously though terraria is just more accessible due to the lack of backstory allowing us to do whatever the hell we want with the game and the world, secondly it is more accessible due to the fact that you just need the game as to a newbie the SVN shit can be confusing and annoying when textures or models don't work or you don't have the correct games and whatnot. All of this accessibility means we have a more varied and expansive experience with people coming and going with many ideas and frames of mind whereas in the GMod servers it is generally more of a core player base (at least to my knowledge). The third way in which we are accessible is the nature of the game allows every person to make their own physical creations which are there instantly in game as opposed to learning how to work SDK then sending your map to Silver and hoping he likes that shit (or however additions work).

This means that Terraria RP is a much more versatile experience with changes constantly occurring in which you can create any RP you want as long as it fits in with the small backstory/lore and seems acceptable to the community and the moderators. On the other hand you need to know a load about what has happened in the GMod universes to understand what's going on, this is especially true to the SWRP (which I'm going to play a load when/if it comes out hopefully) where you will have had to have read the entire Wookipedia to understand it.

tl;dr Terraria RP is easy to pick up and play making it a very versatile and generally happier place to RP

I've probably forgotten loads of things and this is really only scraping on one aspect of it, I will discuss and defend Terraria RP if anyone is up for discussion in this thread and hopefully stop the bullshit myths surrounding us in the process.

Thanks for the answer.
BUT
I can understand how people RP in games like G-Mod because of the mods that you can put in it to make it more of fun(no) RP environment, with Terraria(I'm assuming it's vanilla) how the hell can you seriously roleplay on Terraria? You're saying it's easy to pick up and play, that is true, but only for the actual game itself. Again, not trying to troll if anyone is taking it that way.

Quote from: Kamimaia on 09-07-2012
Quote from: Fister on 08-07-2012

Its funny because you have a cock in your sig.

And? I'm Fister and I'm a Dick. It works.
I use this signature everywhere.

Knife_cz

I dare you to walk out of GVC with that sig.
GREAT impression for new people, and even for everyone else.

Fister

Quote from: knife_cz on 09-07-2012

I have?

Have you not met me yet :L?
EDIT: Stop trying to start shit man. I'm not going to feed you. Make a thread in GVC about how you hate my guts and we'll flame each other there, this thread however is not for that.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Fister on 09-07-2012

I have?

EDIT: Stop trying to start shit man. I'm not going to feed you. Make a thread in GVC about how you hate my guts and we'll flame each other there, this thread however is not for that.
Fister
Plz
Every thread gets derailed.

Kamimaia

I have?

Make a thread in GVC about how you hate my guts and we'll flame each other there, this thread however is not for that.

this thread however is not for that.

Stop trying to start shit man. in GVC

Knife_cz

Quote from: Kamimaia on 09-07-2012

I have?

Make a thread in GVC about how you hate my guts and we'll flame each other there, this thread however is not for that.

this thread however is not for that.

Stop trying to start shit man. in GVC

Holy fuck Terrarian, where did you came from go type with blue text >:/
No seriously, I DO find that sig distrubing.

JRParadox

Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?

Knife_cz

jaik

its funny to see you glorifying terraria rp as if its the most easiest thing ever, but we all know that terraria noobs are the only ones spamming shoutbox and forums about getting the password.
RP is great and easy to get into?
I can't understand how you can even call that serious roleplay. God-gaming(in literal sense of it), powergaming, roleplaying a character with abilities that can disintegrate someone in one touch and generally creating ideas that only a 12 year old would deem acceptable is nothing but an excuse for roleplay. I understand that standards are different but it was quite amusing to see the day that these kind of actions were restricted by rules, because it took about a year for you hear and accept that it's wrong, but not understanding why. You also have an elitist rating system that is apparently aiming to fix those issues, but unfortunately for caphori it's just going to cause the opposite in the long run.

and there won't be SWRP
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

JRParadox

Quote from: Jake on 09-07-2012
its funny to see you glorifying terraria rp as if its the most easiest thing ever, but we all know that terraria noobs are the only ones spamming shoutbox and forums about getting the password.
I can't understand how you can even call that serious roleplay. God-gaming(in literal sense of it), powergaming, roleplaying a character with abilities that can disintegrate someone in one touch and generally creating ideas that only a 12 year old would deem acceptable is nothing but an excuse for roleplay. I understand that standards are different but it was quite amusing to see the day that these kind of actions were restricted by rules, because it took about a year for you hear and accept that it's wrong, but not understanding why. You also have an elitist rating system that is apparently aiming to fix those issues, but unfortunately for caphori it's just going to cause the opposite in the long run.

and there won't be SWRP
1) The shoutbox problem originates from idiots who don't read even the simplified rules and therefore are ignored
2) God RPing is over, now abolished
3) OP RPing is now stopped by observing someone's RPR (roleplay rating) and then if a mod has brought together enough evidence to show the person is OP they get a temp ban
4) Characters with the ability to kill in one touch have never existed, please give an example
5) How would observing character's abilities, taking advice and opinions from people in the community and then compiling all of this to give constructive criticism and then handing out retributive justice encourage elitism and harm balance in the long term? Please explain further how it is elitist

The only annoying thing about posts such as these are that they are completely non-constructive just pointing out dated flaws and making vague accusations such as how our system of rating RP is imbalanced and elitist. Tell us specifically what is wrong and how we can improve it or all that will happen is your feedback will be seen as trolling to us and most of us will flat out ignore it (see http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/terraria-caphori-roleplay-server/where-are-all-the-old-people-at/ ).

And that sucks, I'd got together a character for SWRP, what will server number 3 be used for then or is that undecided? Or are you just making a wild guess?

edit: What do the GMod servers do to tackle OP characters? Just curious

Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?

Knife_cz

Warning
Warning
Kick
Kick
Ban

Amirite?

SGT-Spartans

When a player has an OP retard strength character with a demon inside of him, he is usually exiled and nobody likes him. Or her.

EDIT: How the fuck do you RP on a 2d plane.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 09-07-2012
When a player has an OP retard strength character with a demon inside of him, he is usually exiled and nobody likes him. Or her.

EDIT: How the fuck do you RP on a 2d plane.

But People liked my Char ...

Kamimaia

does not an rp character make.

jaik

dont lock this thread

Quote from: Jake on 09-07-2012

and there won't be SWRP
1) The shoutbox problem originates from idiots who don't read even the simplified rules and therefore are ignored
2) God RPing is over, now abolished
3) OP RPing is now stopped by observing someone's RPR (roleplay rating) and then if a mod has brought together enough evidence to show the person is OP they get a temp ban
4) Characters with the ability to kill in one touch have never existed, please give an example
5) How would observing character's abilities, taking advice and opinions from people in the community and then compiling all of this to give constructive criticism and then handing out retributive justice encourage elitism and harm balance in the long term? Please explain further how it is elitist

The only annoying thing about posts such as these are that they are completely non-constructive just pointing out dated flaws and making vague accusations such as how our system of rating RP is imbalanced and elitist. Tell us specifically what is wrong and how we can improve it or all that will happen is your feedback will be seen as trolling to us and most of us will flat out ignore it (see http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/terraria-caphori-roleplay-server/where-are-all-the-old-people-at/ ).

And that sucks, I'd got together a character for SWRP, what will server number 3 be used for then or is that undecided? Or are you just making a wild guess?

You came off quite missing the point, which doesn't surprise me at all considering my past experience with Terraria administration and your previous post. I'm not sure whether that kind of behavior I was just met with comes from bad reading or ignorance, but I'll assume that it's the former for the sake of not getting into another pointless trench war. You decided to rephrase some of the exact things I said, great, but why? The '1 hit 1 kill' idea was obviously a hyperbole, but I won't be astounded if someone had that in mind for their character. It took you over a year to observe a situation to find and recognize very obvious mistakes. None of the administrators even bothered to repair or even address it! The point system combined with player rank(bronze, silver, gold) is going to generate elitism and encourage favoritism just because! That's not some sort of assumption of mine, but a fact. If an administrator thinks that some player deserves better position/rank/gear and he/she has access to abilities that can guarantee these rewards, then it's likely that it's going to be handed out to players that have better relations with the administrator, because in their opinion, it's justified and the player deserves it. Your 'accusations' of me 'pointlessly' accusing you of improper leadership aren't very helpful.
The fact that the first, and last things you said were only about 'ignoring any feedback/criticism' makes me extremely doubt the legitimacy of Caphori's leadership, because I hear that pretty much all the time when I question your methods.

SWRP won't be up because the development of HGN is saturated at the moment and its playerbase is not ready for another project.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bl★ck Star

deluxulous