Oh Ubisoft, are you turning into Activision?

Started by CAMaera, 04-03-2013

CAMaera

Click to laugh at how far AC has fallen.
[spoiler]
So...yeah. It seems that Ubisoft is turning into Activision, making games expanding on a franchise way too quickly to make any real improvements. I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure there's a trope on this. And it will probably use all the sup-tropes, and there's no way that these are going to be the Type-1 pirates(Actual threats) but more likely Type 2, so that Ubisoft can slip in some silly romantic bs.
To be completely honest, I gave up before ACIII.[/spoiler]

Knife_cz

AHUEHAUHEUAHE SO FUNNY TOTTALY MY SIDES.i can'te EVEN BREATH OF THE NOISE OF MY LAUGHT.

HitMan5523

Assassin's Creed died after the 2nd one.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

jaik

Quote from: max0596 on 04-03-2013
Type-1 pirates(Actual threats) but more likely Type 2, so that Ubisoft can slip in some silly romantic bs.

no shit

or are you implying that AC2 and AC3 had no exaggerated romanticism in them????

in the second he kills thousands of pretty much innocent aristocrats and ends up saving the world from(read: murdering) the god damned pope...all in the name of avoiding a DARK NEW WORLD ORDER. while all at the same time hes viewed as a hero by all the poor class he came from. tell me theres no romanticism of renaissance's humanist movement there(i dont recall them slaughtering nobles because they were apparently 'repressive' )

the third? fuck you thats the most bullshit thing ive ever seen in the history of historical games. i dont even want to go through this. the only good thing about it was the setting and true, indians suffered a genocide. and thats the concept, but it doesnt go far from being one because they manage to bloat the entire thing with the WE MUST SAVE THE HUMANITY FROM NWO and instead of trying to actually save his people, the protagonist does dumb stuff and kills bad guys. also the first part of the game when you play as a templar was somewhat good, after that it goes downhill.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bl★ck Star

jaik

lolKieck

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 04-03-2013
Quote from: HitMan5523 on 04-03-2013
Assassin's Creed died after the 1th.

fixed
still not fixed
try again
I agree with Jake though, Connor acts like a retarded drunk kid and his actions look as if he was swinging around a sword, hoping to hit someone
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Lucky Pig

Plus it had no possibility to make your own choices.

jaik

lolKieck

▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

CAMaera

Quote from: Jake on 04-03-2013
Quote from: max0596 on 04-03-2013
Type-1 pirates(Actual threats) but more likely Type 2, so that Ubisoft can slip in some silly romantic bs.

no shit

or are you implying that AC2 and AC3 had no exaggerated romanticism in them????

in the second he kills thousands of pretty much innocent aristocrats and ends up saving the world from(read: murdering) the god damned pope...all in the name of avoiding a DARK NEW WORLD ORDER. while all at the same time hes viewed as a hero by all the poor class he came from. tell me theres no romanticism of renaissance's humanist movement there(i dont recall them slaughtering nobles because they were apparently 'repressive' )

the third? fuck you thats the most bullshit thing ive ever seen in the history of historical games. i dont even want to go through this. the only good thing about it was the setting and true, indians suffered a genocide. and thats the concept, but it doesnt go far from being one because they manage to bloat the entire thing with the WE MUST SAVE THE HUMANITY FROM NWO and instead of trying to actually save his people, the protagonist does dumb stuff and kills bad guys. also the first part of the game when you play as a templar was somewhat good, after that it goes downhill.

I was implying that they did, as Ubisoft likes to throw shit like that in. Also, I meant "romantic" as in "HUR DUR HERE'S SOME CLEAVAGE AND AN IMPLIED SEX SCENE." that just feels out-of-place, and only for the reason of the developers deciding that the game needed sex appeal. Or how at one point of the story, this implied love interest dies or gets captured, as a method of "CLIMB SHIT. SAVE WOMAN.". But I do agree that the story's over-exaggerated so bad, that it just doesn't care anymore. It just wants you to knife more guys. it basically says *deep breath*

"Hey! Don't listen to that guy! LOOK AT THE PRETTY SCENERYYYYYYY! HEY! LOOK! BOATS! EXPLOSIONS! ANOTHER KNIFE KILL! This one's over-dramatic and has a cool camera angle, dude...EVER WANTED TO OWN A CHAIN OF BLACKSMITHS?! HOLY CRAP A TOWER! ...better climb it, amiright? DUDE GET BACK THE LAND FROM THE TEMPLARRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssss"
^every game. Just.....every game that bears the AC name.

No, but seriously, I played Brotherhood. Eh, it was fine. Just fine, though. Not...great. Not even good, really. I got Revelations, played like...half of it(ish), and just never came back to it. It's the same thing as Brotherhood. No, seriously. Look at both the games. Do a side-by-side comparison. Graphics, gameplay, even gimmiky stupid bullshit, all the same. I watched a few gameplay trailers for ACIII, and it looks like the same goddamn game, just with different characters that basically act the same, and eventually wear the same-ass fancy garb. The only thing I actually enjoyed is beating Brotherhood so that I could play as Raiden, because...idunno. For the hell of it.  The only fun I found in Revelations was to fall back on killing innocents and even that...kinda fell flat. Point is, it's just...something that was tried-and-true for two, maybe three games. It's as worn out as a Gamecube disc, but somehow still works. For people who aren't tired of "slashy slashy, climb shit and more slashy" by now, anyway.

Quote from: Lucky Pig on 05-03-2013
Plus it had no possibility to make your own choices.
This. SO much this. It would have helped the game's story...if it weren't shit anyway. The reason that this isn't in the games is because of some techno-bullshit that they pulled, which basically amounts to "Hey, see that cool dude? No, you're not him. You're this lame-ass McStupidFace, sitting in a chair, basically watching a goddamn movie, but you can feel how the guy waaaaay back in the past felt." Or some bullshit. But yeah, I WISH they had this in the games. Fuck desynching, I want to knife EVERY PERSON WITHIN A SQUARE MILE.

Tom

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Lucky Pig

And then Tom came and fucked it all up >.>

Bl★ck Star

lolKieck