Started by jaik, 18-08-2013

jaik

Self-explanatory.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

D33tly

-Surface should go by the book logic(Need specially made radiation suit, no looking at Kremlin stars unless you wanna just lose your mind and make your way to them, and some weird slug things, which freak miller out, inside of buildings)

-Make sure to spawn some trash and such in the metro tunnels, just stuff that if all sold together should make a few bullets, or just do quite a few jobs at starter station.

-Might sound like a shitty thing for new players, but admins should be mostly indiscriminate against people going into the tunnels alone with only a flashlight. If they die, you bring them back and tell them what they did in a bit of detail, and hand them what they had back.

-Don't make the dark ones a big thing, they weren't even known by many stations, VDNK was the main battlefield against the dark ones, if not the only one. Have the occasional dark one enter, but don't make it like "DURK ONES BE OVERHANGIN' DA STATION" if it isn't VDNK

-Add more guns than in the game, and have people RP them accordingly. AK-47 might have a lot of punch, but it is large, and harder to use in the tight corridors of the side tunnels of the metro. AK-74u is one of the better things to have in the metro, SMGs are some of the best friends you can have, that and shotguns.

-Don't go stupid with the factions, like if you make revolutionaries, don't make them stupid combine-esq. people,and don't make them freedom-esq. The reds, don't just shoot everyone on sight, since they aren't supposed to be like that, they're just a Soviet state, same with Nazis, they're just the third Reich done by Russians in the metro. They'll look at your passport, look you over, etc, and either shoot you or turn you away depending on the situation. P.S. Hansa are suck up pricks, in really clean and nice stations, if you make Hansa a thing, they're rich snobs

I'm going to assume most of this stuff was obvious to you guys, just was saying what I think should be done.

lolKieck

I second D33tly's post, especially with weaponry. Weapons which slightly break the idea of common sense should be included (hell, maybe a few uniques of NATO weaponry for end-game players to buy for absurd amount of bullets).
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Thanks for the ideas, D33tly.

Quote from: D33tly on 22-08-2013
-Surface should go by the book logic(Need specially made radiation suit, no looking at Kremlin stars unless you wanna just lose your mind and make your way to them, and some weird slug things, which freak miller out, inside of buildings)

Our canon is a mix of both. Having a radiation suit on surface will be a requirement.

-Make sure to spawn some trash and such in the metro tunnels, just stuff that if all sold together should make a few bullets, or just do quite a few jobs at starter station.

Working inside the station doing passive work will be more attractive, both in terms of income and safety.

-Might sound like a shitty thing for new players, but admins should be mostly indiscriminate against people going into the tunnels alone with only a flashlight. If they die, you bring them back and tell them what they did in a bit of detail, and hand them what they had back.

Sure.

-Don't make the dark ones a big thing, they weren't even known by many stations, VDNK was the main battlefield against the dark ones, if not the only one. Have the occasional dark one enter, but don't make it like "DURK ONES BE OVERHANGIN' DA STATION" if it isn't VDNK

Nobody will have Dark One characters. We might have an event that will involve one, but you will never see them being used daily.

-Add more guns than in the game, and have people RP them accordingly. AK-47 might have a lot of punch, but it is large, and harder to use in the tight corridors of the side tunnels of the metro. AK-74u is one of the better things to have in the metro, SMGs are some of the best friends you can have, that and shotguns.

Sure.

-Don't go stupid with the factions, like if you make revolutionaries, don't make them stupid combine-esq. people,and don't make them freedom-esq. The reds, don't just shoot everyone on sight, since they aren't supposed to be like that, they're just a Soviet state, same with Nazis, they're just the third Reich done by Russians in the metro. They'll look at your passport, look you over, etc, and either shoot you or turn you away depending on the situation. P.S. Hansa are suck up pricks, in really clean and nice stations, if you make Hansa a thing, they're rich snobs

Fourth Reich and Red Line will be minor/event(we're still deciding) factions. Rangers will be a definite event faction. Hansa will have a more important role however.

I'm going to assume most of this stuff was obvious to you guys, just was saying what I think should be done.

All ideas are welcome.

NotKelse

Possibly a weapon conditioning system? Where weapons degrade and jam overtime, or possibly break?

jaik

Quote from: NotKelse on 22-08-2013
Possibly a weapon conditioning system? Where weapons degrade and jam overtime, or possibly break?

I'll be waiting for the code ;)

D33tly

NotKelse

Quote from: Jake on 22-08-2013
Quote from: NotKelse on 22-08-2013

I'll be waiting for the code ;)

I'd make it if I wasn't lazy/didn't have to set up MySQL

D33tly

Also, one more suggestion I forgot to add before:

-Make the guard outposts outside the station gates. Just set up a few sandbags, or wooden planks, a small campfire, and that's an outpost for the guards. They did this in the book, and it makes sense, how can you guard it from behind your gate? I don't expect it like the book of "One post at 250 meters (Or was it feet), another at 500, and the final at 750." i just mean like a single post for a couple guards for every station on the map. it allows for STKs to happen without fucking up the RP of those inside the station, and also allows for you to check out people who enter the station (Reds and Reich, also Hansa)

EDIT:
Just noticed this as well, but the stations are completely cut off from the rest of the metro due to the stations struck by a plague epidemic. Really, the biggest factions should be bandits, satanists, and some other player based ones, just because of how hard it would be to get over here, since they (Hansaic, or anybody really, even station officials after they leave) completely shut off the station so the plague can't spread to other stations. biggest problems in the metro are people, mutants, fires, and plagues.

jaik

Quote from: D33tly on 23-08-2013
Also, one more suggestion I forgot to add before:

-Make the guard outposts outside the station gates. Just set up a few sandbags, or wooden planks, a small campfire, and that's an outpost for the guards. They did this in the book, and it makes sense, how can you guard it from behind your gate? I don't expect it like the book of "One post at 250 meters (Or was it feet), another at 500, and the final at 750." i just mean like a single post for a couple guards for every station on the map. it allows for STKs to happen without fucking up the RP of those inside the station, and also allows for you to check out people who enter the station (Reds and Reich, also Hansa)

EDIT:
Just noticed this as well, but the stations are completely cut off from the rest of the metro due to the stations struck by a plague epidemic. Really, the biggest factions should be bandits, satanists, and some other player based ones, just because of how hard it would be to get over here, since they (Hansaic, or anybody really, even station officials after they leave) completely shut off the station so the plague can't spread to other stations. biggest problems in the metro are people, mutants, fires, and plagues.

The guard post idea is noted.

And you've pretty much explained how I planned to do MRP in your second paragraph.

jaik

What are your opinions on the usage of safeboxes? Personally I find them to be rather unrealistic, especially with the citizenship system we have right now. We could implement them in some other way, ideas?

D33tly

I personally think they should be implemented in a lockbox sort of way. Just allow people to buy a permanent, locked box which they can have somewhere around the station and they can put their things in there as if it were a safebox. It can help the economy with people buying another set to keep stored away. As well as it's also slightly unrealistic for someone to carry everything he's go on his back out into the tunnels (I mean scavenging or something, or heading to the surface, etc.)

jaik

Quote from: D33tly on 01-09-2013
I personally think they should be implemented in a lockbox sort of way. Just allow people to buy a permanent, locked box which they can have somewhere around the station and they can put their things in there as if it were a safebox. It can help the economy with people buying another set to keep stored away. As well as it's also slightly unrealistic for someone to carry everything he's go on his back out into the tunnels (I mean scavenging or something, or heading to the surface, etc.)

So you can purchase/craft an item that after using it, creates a safebox/container entity tied to you. Perhaps there should be a way to lockpick it? Lockpicks could be craftable and the chance to lockpick a container depends on its quality, but maybe the base probability should be like 4-5%. There won't be a char stat for this. The knowledge to craft lockpicks/keys and other stuff like forged citizenship should be limited to groups in the bandit/anarchy station.

D33tly

Quote from: Jake on 01-09-2013
Quote from: D33tly on 01-09-2013

So you can purchase/craft an item that after using it, creates a safebox/container entity tied to you. Perhaps there should be a way to lockpick it? Lockpicks could be craftable and the chance to lockpick a container depends on its quality, but maybe the base probability should be like 4-5%. There won't be a char stat for this. The knowledge to craft lockpicks/keys and other stuff like forged citizenship should be limited to groups in the bandit/anarchy station.
That sounds pretty realistic, though I would either have a rule, or if possible scripted in that the player has to be online, because it would be outright retarded for people to just wait around until the person goes offline, then rush over and spam lockpicks into the safebox. Possibly have the safebox disappear until the person is online? I don't know what's possible, tried learning how to script, didn't work so well.

Recreas

I agree with Deetly, some people would just craft a thousand pick locks, wait till the others go offline and spam their pick locks on another locker.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Steven :D

Quote from: Recreas on 02-09-2013
I agree with Deetly, some people would just craft a thousand pick locks, wait till the others go offline and spam their pick locks on another locker.
So then make it so if someone is offline you cant pick their containers..?