Safehaven Poll

Started by Syndraell, 20-10-2016

Syndraell

On a thought, I know that Safehaven is missing something. Not sure what it is, but I'm hoping people will put in a bit of input here.

Suggestions:
Changing the Difficulty
Changing it from Mediumcore to Softcore
Remodeling areas/making terrain easier to travel.

I would like to hear feedback from players.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CAMaera

Quote from: James Almasy on 20-10-2016
On a thought, I know that Safehaven is missing something. Not sure what it is, but I'm hoping people will put in a bit of input here.

Suggestions:
Changing the Difficulty

I could work on terra-forming, if people want that.

+1 for keeping it mediumcore, makes it more interesting and such. I would say introduce some rules to make it easier for PvP to happen, like possible safezones in the towns/pvp areas between the towns?

(Also, do we have a confirmed name for the continent, at all? Is it Safehaven, or is that just the main town? Just curious.)

Syndraell

Quote from: CAMaera on 20-10-2016

I could work on terra-forming, if people want that.

+1 for keeping it mediumcore, makes it more interesting and such. I would say introduce some rules to make it easier for PvP to happen, like possible safezones in the towns/pvp areas between the towns?

(Also, do we have a confirmed name for the continent, at all? Is it Safehaven, or is that just the main town? Just curious.)

terraforming would definitely be nice. But that's just my thought on it.

Also, I never really named the continent. I never thought it'd catch on, to be honest.

Ivy_Trellis

Quote from: James Almasy on 20-10-2016

Suggestions:
Changing the Difficulty

Personally, I'd prefer Softcore, myself.
As for difficulty, I think keeping that as it is would be fine. Expert mode might make it harder to RP. I like the variety of events and enemies involved in moving up to hardmode, but don't want to deal with the harder enemies or spreading biomes. I do think that anything up before hardmode would be fine, though. I also wouldn't mind it being possible for EoC to randomly spawn like normal.
I wouldn't mind having the extra NPCs about, though.

Syndraell

Quote from: Ivy_Trellis on 23-10-2016
As for difficulty, I think keeping that as it is would be fine. Expert mode might make it harder to RP. I like the variety of events and enemies involved in moving up to hardmode, but don't want to deal with the harder enemies or spreading biomes. I do think that anything up before hardmode would be fine, though. I also wouldn't mind it being possible for EoC to randomly spawn like normal.

I think I can toggle expert mode on and off. I think, don't hold me to it. Tshock still surprises me sometimes.

EDIT: With a quick test, I can toggle Expert on and off without any issue with the server. So, things could be fun.

Ivy_Trellis

Quote from: James Almasy on 24-10-2016
Quote from: Ivy_Trellis on 23-10-2016

I think I can toggle expert mode on and off. I think, don't hold me to it. Tshock still surprises me sometimes.

EDIT: With a quick test, I can toggle Expert on and off without any issue with the server. So, things could be fun.

In that case, we could swap it back and forth easily enough, so, basically my vote is for softcore. Might be tricky to duplicate the characters, though.

Syndraell

Quote from: Ivy_Trellis on 26-10-2016
In that case, we could swap it back and forth easily enough, so, basically my vote is for softcore. Might be tricky to duplicate the characters, though.

Shouldn't be. could always use a online character editor to change the setting. Not sure if the SQL for the users will transfer the items though