Well this ship sank...

Started by meldin, 12-03-2015

meldin

Forgot about this whole server for a while. Thought I'd come check it out.
Never really was interested in it after James took over, but I'm guessing no one else was either.

Anyways... Thought I might just post my remarks on this.

(P.S. The pun was intentional...)

Syndraell

Was waiting for silver to iron out some errors with the server box.

Kinda got bored and moved on to other things...
The Minecraft server just seems to have a really shit run of luck doesn't it?

From Rags, to Maxi, to Edvyn, to Feer, and then to me.

Anyone want to take a shot at this? Because my interests currently lie elsewhere.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

jaik

mc is a terrible platform to roleplay on anyway
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ragolution

it's even worse because Minecraft is a shit game that's lost a lot of its initial popularity. Mod packs are more popular than the base atm.

Syndraell

Feel free to note some of those packs.

I will, eventually; work on minecraft.

Eventually.

Noctilucent

does anyone have the original maps?
like the very first one, where there was like that little town and my labyrinth?
and then there was that one with falvador and turkey, and there was that harbor area.
then there was the big city one.
if you have them could you pls upload to like a download sharing website thankks.
A girls' tears are only to show to the person you love when you're truly happy, like when your father ridicules me or hits me with just enough force, I get so excited I cry tears of joy.

Syndraell

Quote from: Noctilucent on 15-03-2015
like the very first one, where there was like that little town and my labyrinth?
and then there was that one with falvador and turkey, and there was that harbor area.
if you have them could you pls upload to like a download sharing website thankks.

Honestly, I don't know. You'd have to ask the respective owners of the previous installments.
That being said, I started backing up servers with terraria, and I have a backup of the current Minecraft server too.

meldin

Quote from: James Almasy on 15-03-2015
Quote from: Noctilucent on 15-03-2015

Honestly, I don't know. You'd have to ask the respective owners of the previous installments.
That being said, I started backing up servers with terraria, and I have a backup of the current Minecraft server too.
Honestly, I'd love to get my hands on Ermor. That was back in the good times...

All of that aside, I think the biggest problem with the past servers was trying to make it too different and too niche. I think if we were to set up a simple light-RP map with basic races and let the players figure out the rest, We might see something grow from that.

But who am I to say anything.

Syndraell

Quote from: meldin on 15-03-2015
All of that aside, I think the biggest problem with the past servers was trying to make it too different and too niche. I think if we were to set up a simple light-RP map with basic races and let the players figure out the rest, We might see something grow from that.

But who am I to say anything.

I'm down for that. the server is operational, But I don't have any plugins installed.
I'll backup the map that I currently have on there when I get back to my desktop in the next day or two, and create a new map.

Anything specific for the spawn? Starter chest with iron armor/tools and rations? Small "Fortification" that can later be torn down and used for resources?

Ragolution

I deleted all the maps.

The only one I keep is Ermor, and it's horribly out of date. It only runs on a version lower than 3.0.0.

meldin

Quote from: Ragolution on 16-03-2015
I deleted all the maps.

The only one I keep is Ermor, and it's horribly out of date. It only runs on a version lower than 3.0.0.

Would I be able to get a copy of it?

Syndraell

Alright, Nixed everything on the server I was working on.

Basic Minecraft server, untouched.
Gonna PM the server's IP to people in this thread.

Cross

I'm technically not in this thread but I would still like to join.
-Insert clever signature here-

Noctilucent

i try to connect but recieve a "connection timed out" and "java.net" error
A girls' tears are only to show to the person you love when you're truly happy, like when your father ridicules me or hits me with just enough force, I get so excited I cry tears of joy.

Syndraell

Quote from: Noctilucent on 16-03-2015
i try to connect but recieve a "connection timed out" and "java.net" error

I think it stopped itself. Restarted.