So... Here we are once more.

Started by Syndraell, 20-09-2014

Syndraell

Reveris is gone, and the server itself has been passed on to me.

I have some Ideas, and I would like to be eccentric about them for only a minute.

What I have so far, is collected from other servers and previous renditions of this server's ownerships. I do not promise the 'perfections' of the Ermoric Aceon days, as I was not around when this happened. I came into the server much later than that.

I shall now try to explain what I have.

"We have always looked towards the sky. As if seeking answers or guidance, or maybe even a sign to what we will know, what we will do... what we will become. But our ancestors could not Imagine the glory... and the hardships of this world as we now know.

A few decades ago, an Empire settled into our lands; the wise accepted them, and they were rewarded with knowledge they could only dream of. Warriors of the old codes knelt to them, to offer their blades and lives to their service. Shamans worked with the strange things that they brought, magics of a different kind; of metal and power. These amongst many became part of this Empire, at the beck and call of their masked Leader; Octavius Vox (working name).

He and his council created cities in the sky, and forged alliances with the mysterious people from lands we may never know. But with this new order came new strife. The emperor and his nobles ascended to their sky-cities, and the old capitals from the ground below did what they could to survive. If one could not appease the Nobles, they would be robbed of the light above, forever plunging their world into darkness.

We have always looked to the sky... Soon we may never be able to do so again."

Pretty much, I don't have an actual name for the server itself; nor do i have working knowledge of the mods and scripting it so requires to work. I will eventually need help, but I will get to that later.

Right now we're working on one small settlement, a port that has been around for a few centuries. There aren't many skycastles or anything like that so far. we do have an arena, of which the goal is to knock people off of a platform into the water some 100 blocks down. this in itself is an unpolished gem.

I'm not exactly good at coding/scripting/mods/etc. Any and all advice into this project will be appreciated.

And as for the "building" of the server. I have one offer.
the people who stick with the construction of the sky-capital, the royal airship and the tutorial prison ship; will be rewarded with:

1. 100,000 of the local currencies.
2. A noble rank, to be able to live in said Sky cities.
3. Rewarded with revenue from cities below, and that of which they sell.
4. A suit of armor conditioned to their liking, along with a sword.
5. Whatever additional things may be suggested during the construction.

*However, there is an important point to this deal. they must see the work through to the end (and I'm not exactly going to sit idle myself) I'm not gonna have them on beck and call, but those who just 'drop' from the projects will not be compensated*

I plan to have a decent weapons mod installed, as well as the airship mod. (provided I can learn how to do these things.)

Some of the mods from previous servers will be implemented as well: herochat, iconomy, etc.

Build rights as before.
Right now I'm working off of whitelist. Anyone interested in this please drop me a PM.

Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Edit: texture pack for the server. http://www.mediafire.com/download/clb1yde8r6yc44u/Conquest-1.7.zip

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

Good luck and have fun.

Feerman sent me here.

jaik

Quote from: James Almasy on 20-09-2014
1. 100,000 of the local currencies.
2. A noble rank, to be able to live in said Sky cities.
3. Rewarded with revenue from cities below, and that of which they sell.
4. A suit of armor conditioned to their liking, along with a sword.
5. Whatever additional things may be suggested during the construction.[/b]

wouldn't the environment be more immersive if it was focused on the agrarian country-side of the capital rather than the biggest settlement in the region the population of which you will never even have hopes of presenting in-game

it would save you from a lot of problems like say, building the entire thing.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Syndraell

Quote from: Jake on 21-09-2014

wouldn't the environment be more immersive if it was focused on the agrarian country-side of the capital rather than the biggest settlement in the region the population of which you will never even have hopes of presenting in-game

it would save you from a lot of problems like say, building the entire thing.

Well, I'd still intend to build it, even if only by myself.
The seed itself looks wonderful, and I'm more interested in working on the minor things first, such as a port... Which in itself is located in a rather nice place.

shadowheart

I would love to help, but I'm not exactly a good builder.. But I do like the idea you have going.

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Beano

All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

shadowheart

How goes the development? Every time I get on, the server is empty and I get ganked by mobs. Hard to see what's going on :I

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Syndraell

Quote from: shadowheart on 26-10-2014
How goes the development? Every time I get on, the server is empty and I get ganked by mobs. Hard to see what's going on :I

It's going rather well...
all i need to do is finish inputting the mods, which will unfortunately take me a little time to do since i have no experience in modding minecraft whatsoever. that and I hit a permissions snafu.

Andrew Weasley

Let's get this party started.

Let me know what I can do to help, preferably in a PM.
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

Ragolution

hey so i wanna make a feed the beast server who's with me

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 08-12-2014
hey so i wanna make a feed the beast server who's with me

If you wanna do that to keep people occupied while I can iron out the bugs/make sure the plugins don't conflict with each-other with the currently unnamed server.

Yeah, I think we could at least have an active server for a bit.

Ragolution

you gunna host it? that's what im lacking about now

Syndraell

I'll just back up the current server onto my desktop and host it here, provided there's no complaints.

Ragolution

Quote from: James Almasy on 08-12-2014

I'll just back up the current server onto my desktop and host it here, provided there's no complaints.

Fine with me, sucka'.

http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/modpacks%5EDirewolf20_1_6_4%5E1_0_23%5EDirewolf20Server.zip