You know....

Started by meetdadoom, 05-10-2010

meetdadoom

it isn't ALWAYS summer time in the zone.....so eitehr force people to roleplay as if it is snowing or do some editing before november comes around and make a map with snow. Thats my two piece and I am out.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Steel

Why dont you go and make a map then. Its easier said than done.
I mean, i dont see why we cant act as if its Winter.

Tom

we have WAY bigger problems then people not RPing season change.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Not worth the effort no one is going to RP it being cold and snowy.

Pawx

Quote from: Paintcheck on 05-10-2010
Not worth the effort no one is going to RP it being cold and snowy.

Exctally, A Player tried to Roleplay it getting to a Tempature of 34 F, Him and I were the only one RPing it in the camp we were in...

meetdadoom

hmm.... goood point and I understand yes it is hard to make a map especially a map with snow, and most people won't rp acordingly even if someone forces someone to rp in the winter ie: almost no one uses the clock on the top right corner of the map. Just wanted to adress this and get some form of response so thanks.

Khorn

It's not like no one uses the clock, it just isn't noticed. If we had a good day and night cycle, it be useful.

But the last day and night cycle script was pretty bad.

Silver Knight

I could always add a temperature gauge which appears in the top left but meh.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Quote from: Khorn on 05-10-2010
It's not like no one uses the clock, it just isn't noticed. If we had a good day and night cycle, it be useful.

:(

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

lolKieck

Quote from: Last.Exile on 06-10-2010
Quote from: Khorn on 05-10-2010

You know, it's pretty hard to make one.
Don't worry, just smile !
:(

I tried RPing 30-degrees in The Zone. Sadly nobody could give a shit about the temperature and to check AccuWeather on what's the temperature in it. The gauge would go completely useless. Unless admins could change it somehow or event the temperature.

EDIT: Celsius.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Khorn

I'm sorry to see you sad SK, but we all think the same, and probably you too. That night thing was more annoying then walking into random anomalies. The flashlight and night vision was useless because the night time was just an overlay.

If you could make the light somehow dim instead over using some sort of overlay, it would help. Make the goggles useful.

meetdadoom

Isn't there a mod that makes the server snow?

jaik

Quote from: meetdadoom on 09-10-2010
Isn't there a mod that makes the server snow?

Yes, it's just post-process or you could make tons of sprites.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Tom

So we would have Jizz looking Rain AND snow, Kool
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Royz

WUT HAPANED WAS DURNG CHRISTMAS W3 HAD CHANGED DA MAP AND L8R WE HAD A TRAEDR SANTA!!1111 OMG WTF LOL BUT TH3N AGANE IT WAS A WHIEL BAK!!!1!!1!1 WTF

Changing to a map with snow (Which I doubt would relate to Stalker) Could help people think "Oh gee, It must be cold out"

Chaos

Nobody would agree on seasons.. Well I guess we could do irl seasons but that's a little long term.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Chaos on 10-10-2010
Nobody would agree on seasons.. Well I guess we could do irl seasons but that's a little long term.

Thats what I was talking about, however like msot people said bigger issues out there.

Plunger

Quote from: meetdadoom on 11-10-2010

Thats what I was talking about, however like msot people said bigger issues out there.

You know.... Seasons are at different times in the southern hemispheres then in the northern hemispheres. Summer in America would mean winter in Australia etc.

Chaos

So it's all too complicated for the little benefit.

Plunger

Quote from: Chaos on 11-10-2010
So it's all too complicated for the little benefit.
OR
OR
Silver could just post a forum announcement sating, "It's not <Season>", and streamline the entire process.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Alucard on 11-10-2010

You know.... Seasons are at different times in the southern hemispheres then in the northern hemispheres. Summer in America would mean winter in Australia etc.

Neigh, in ukraine winter is winter in america don't try to be shnappy with me boi,.

Plunger

Quote from: meetdadoom on 12-10-2010
Quote from: Alucard on 11-10-2010

Neigh, in ukraine winter is winter in america don't try to be shnappy with me boi,.
Are you daft, RL seasons would mean judging the ingame season as your season, not IC.

Rated bad reading.