Weapons

Started by Duranblackraven, 08-05-2010

Duranblackraven

Dunno, knew about this for a while and a lot of you probably did too, and iunno if this has come up before, so whatever.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=18643199#post18643199 - Kermite's Guns

I've personally played with most of these, I'm going to try out the sniper and shotguns later, but I thought they could be useful. I don't mean add the way out of line things that are in there, but some of them like the stryker shotgun(which is in STALKER) could be taken out and modified for our use(even if it's just sounds and a model). Bits of the code could also be used to update our sounds and models to look better.

Again, I don't know if this has been put forward before so I'd appreciate not having a flame fest over this being put up already.

EDIT: Checked out the sniper and shotgun pack, which I had been needing to do. First off, the shotguns have INSANE recoil if you're not aiming down the iron sights, which will get you owned easily if you think you can just DM with it, so that I like. With the snipers, the VSS model is fucking nice, seeing it replacing the current model would be cool.

RG4ORDR

I like them they are pretty fun I mean some of the weapons could be added to SRP for funess
er

Szenti

Hmm... From the Knives: no.
From the Machine Guns: only the RPK.
From the Pistols: The Ruger MK2, OT-33 Penach.
From the Shotguns: Remington 870, Winchester's.
From the Snipers: SAKO-M95.
From the Submachine Guns: CN-79, PP-19 Bizon, Skorpion.
Those are the weapons, I think would look good in SRP. The others are too "high-tech, modern."

Aresty

You guys ever used the pack ? Those weapon are almost 1 hit 1 kill. Remington and Winchester's are  supa powerful

Bielecki

Quote from: Aresty on 09-05-2010
You guys ever used the pack ? Those weapon are almost 1 hit 1 kill. Remington and Winchester's are  supa powerful

As they should be, in STK fights once your hit you should be down wether your dead or not. We do 1 hit kills in /me's so why not in STK, unless they are wearing something like an exo of course.

Pawx

Quote from: Bielecki on 09-05-2010
Quote from: Aresty on 09-05-2010

As they should be, in STK fights once your hit you should be down wether your dead or not. We do 1 hit kills in /me's so why not in STK, unless they are wearing something like an exo of course.

HELL no, None of these weapons are canon in Stalker, and if we even used this, RDM would become a higher case.

Dug

I agree what Szenti has said and Bielecki.
All of the other modern stuff is a big no.
Plus the weapons should be edited do deal smaller damage.
Also Bielecki people would rage if they died from one shot and you know every time you die there's a chance of losing something so there you go. But I still agree with you.

Plunger

No, Kermite's weapons are using a completely different weapons base, they function differently, and most are guns not found in stalker.

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 08-05-2010

I've personally played with most of these, I'm going to try out the sniper and shotguns later, but I thought they could be useful. I don't mean add the way out of line things that are in there, but some of them like the stryker shotgun(which is in STALKER) could be taken out and modified for our use(even if it's just sounds and a model). Bits of the code could also be used to update our sounds and models to look better.

Some of you need to stop repeating me/rewording what I've already said/plain not even looking at the pack. Because, if you're saying ALL of the weapons in the pack are not canon, then I guess the VSS and the AKu in the pack isn't canon to STALKER...yeah. Anyway, if you READ what I said I even put it we may be able to just update our look with the models and textures, maybe even just the sounds. But whatever it's not up to me, you, or anyone but Last Exile.

lolKieck

I think SAKO is okay. Because it's used in Polish Army, it isn't too modern :3
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Predu

Quote from: lolKieck on 11-05-2010
I think SAKO is okay. Because it's used in Polish Army, it isn't too modern :3

Aswell as for finnish army snipers. :P

But yeah. Most of the weapons are kinda "non-stalkerish" and I don't think many of them would be in countries such like Ukraine. Mostly weapons from Warsaw pact.

Guns like tokarev pistol would be pretty sweet since SRP lacks in pistols, and shotguns.

Genesis

Quote from: Szenti on 09-05-2010
Hmm... From the Knives: no.
From the Machine Guns: only the RPK.
From the Pistols: The Ruger MK2, OT-33 Penach.
From the Shotguns: Remington 870, Winchester's.
From the Snipers: SAKO-M95.
From the Submachine Guns: CN-79, PP-19 Bizon, Skorpion.
Those are the weapons, I think would look good in SRP. The others are too "high-tech, modern."

Agreed. Lets stick to more Russian kinda guns.

GeneralGold

Yeah, it would be great to have new weapons but i dont want them to be to over-powering or just dont fit in with Ukraine. But i totally go with the Remmington, that would be epic to have :P
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Bielecki

Jesus GeneralGold, stop bumping threads already :P

alex4576

I think they should add a revolver like a .357 or a .45 long barrled magnum