Time

Started by ccrusher2, 24-04-2013

ccrusher2

We really need a night and day script on this server. If needed, I'm pretty sure I could provide one.

lolKieck

Quote from: ccrusher2 on 24-04-2013
We really need a night and day script on this server. If needed, I'm pretty sure I could provide one.
At least a date and a clock so we could RP like that. And day and night scripts with colour mod tend to suck.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Blazer232

Quote from: lolKieck on 24-04-2013
At least a date and a clock so we could RP like that. And day and night scripts with colour mod tend to suck.
agreed

Lucky Pig

2 different versions of the map, like Garbage.

ccrusher2

QuoteWe really need a night and day script on this server. If needed, I'm pretty sure I could provide one.
[color][font]

At least a date and a clock so we could RP like that. And day and night scripts with colour mod tend to suck.[/font][/color]

agreed 
I'm talking about a legit day/night script. I may be able to contact Sgt.Sickness and see if we can use his.
Quote2 different versions of the map, like Garbage. 
Bad idea. Then, everything on the map would reset every 12 or so hours.

Lucky Pig

Static the essential props. Assuming it's possible.

Khorn

It'd still be a second map. So you'd need to set all the props back up.

And last time we had a day/night script, it was terribad.

Blazer232

You could add the day/night script to the map, where every so often the lighting would gradually change to a darker setting.  You'd just need the skybox to either change, or you'd need a skybox that could blend with both times of day, like a heavy cloud layer.

Reorp

Quote from: Blazer232 on 29-04-2013You could add the day/night script to the map, where every so often the lighting would gradually change to a darker setting. You'd just need the skybox to either change, or you'd need a skybox that could blend with both times of day, like a heavy cloud layer.
Although, no matter how many times I thought of this exact thing, a rotating skybox with different tinting/shading as it rotated around on a real life or in game time scale, in which the lights....If any on the map would be affected. An example of something much more simple, is the 'md_venetianredux_b2fix' Hl2 RP map, there was a lever outside of the map that when pulled...changed the map to night time, in which lights came on in the street lamps and the skybox changed to a dark night sky.

Silver Knight

Quote from: ccrusher2 on 28-04-2013

QuoteWe really need a night and day script on this server. If needed, I'm pretty sure I could provide one.
agreed
I'm talking about a legit day/night script. I may be able to contact Sgt.Sickness and see if we can use his.
Quote2 different versions of the map, like Garbage.
Bad idea. Then, everything on the map would reset every 12 or so hours.

Had it on Crussaria and a previous srp script. Day/Night "scripts" don't look great. Neither do maps with day/night because source is dated. I may intergrate my weather effects from Worldscript 1 later like the snow and better rain. But intergrating day/night won't look great either way.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tom

Yeah. . . Day and Night on Worldscript 1 and Cakescript was basically "Your screen turns dark" and the flashlight didn't help at all.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

nKe

Dark Scar

I was able to make a nice looking night time on occult, but that was down to the map already being quite dark but it looked very nice, pitchblack darkness while the flashlight still worked.

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

darkzerxx

Quote from: Dark Scar on 29-04-2013
I was able to make a nice looking night time on occult, but that was down to the map already being quite dark but it looked very nice, pitchblack darkness while the flashlight still worked.

Could we do what they mentioned before about the lever outside the map?
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Reorp

Quote from: darkzerxx on 29-04-2013
Quote from: Dark Scar on 29-04-2013I was able to make a nice looking night time on occult, but that was down to the map already being quite dark but it looked very nice, pitchblack darkness while the flashlight still worked. Could we do what they mentioned before about the lever outside the map?
If garry's mod singleplayer would work correctly for me...I would demonstrate it, but it's just easy to describe also.

deluxulous

Quote from: Reorp on 29-04-2013Although, no matter how many times I thought of this exact thing, a rotating skybox with different tinting/shading as it rotated around on a real life or in game time scale, in which the lights....If any on the map would be affected. An example of something much more simple, is the 'md_venetianredux_b2fix' Hl2 RP map, there was a lever outside of the map that when pulled...changed the map to night time, in which lights came on in the street lamps and the skybox changed to a dark night sky.

This. Venetian had an AMAZING day/night system on the map. When the lever was pulled, all of the lighting in the map changed from day to night, or vice versa, at will. No script, no extra maps. It was amazingly simple.

ccrusher2

Again, everyone, let me see if I can contact Sgt.Sickness. (You know, the guy who made Evocity?). I'm trying to with no real luck. Just let me see how his is first, then I'll let you guys know.

jaik

Quote from: ccrusher2 on 29-04-2013Again, everyone, let me see if I can contact Sgt.Sickness. (You know, the guy who made Evocity?). I'm trying to with no real luck. Just let me see how his is first, then I'll let you guys know.
He quit as far as I know. I'm also 100% sure he doesn't care to map for some archaic community that means nothing to him.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

ccrusher2

Quote from: Jake on 30-04-2013
Quote from: ccrusher2 on 29-04-2013Again, everyone, let me see if I can contact Sgt.Sickness. (You know, the guy who made Evocity?). I'm trying to with no real luck. Just let me see how his is first, then I'll let you guys know.
He quit as far as I know. I'm also 100% sure he doesn't care to map for some archaic community that means nothing to him.
I was talking to him about a month ago. He's just been going hardcore on the new Evocity map.