RadiationScript 1.5 suggestions & Idea's Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 14-01-2010

Silver Knight

Post your suggestions and idea's, please make sure to read through replies, to make sure your not suggesting something that's already been said!

Things Not To Dicuss:
Vehicles (It's never going to happen)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steel

More playable mutants.

Only thing we see is a Bloodsucker.
I know theres others like the controller.

Things like Snorks would be epic, specially with the coming labs and stuff.

Szenti

Will you add: Snork, Rodent, Pseudodog/Blinddog, Poltergeist? It would be fun to RP as a Rodent, or a dog.

Silver Knight

Quote from: The Jackal on 14-01-2010
More playable mutants.

Only thing we see is a Bloodsucker.
I know theres others like the controller.

Things like Snorks would be epic, specially with the coming labs and stuff.

Snork is coming soon, so will the controller, as donator flags.

Quote from: Szenti on 14-01-2010
Will you add: Snork, Rodent, Pseudodog/Blinddog, Poltergeist? It would be fun to RP as a Rodent, or a dog.

no models... I have however, got ahold of a resident evil dog with animations, it looks badass.

Steel

Oh another suggestion.
Suits armor being revised. What gets what etc.
Sunrise should get more than 100.

KingArthur

A percentage system for armor like 50% or 25% u know? Damage resistance

Steel

New animations, for example: Hands behind back, like the duty guarding rostok.

Also, a new holster system: Weapon appears on your back just like in the game.

Guitar playing: Purchase a guitar and play it, with the animations and all?

If all that was possible it would be excelent.

Silver Knight

Oh another suggestion.

Soon Enough, combined with stats.

Quote from: KingArthur on 14-01-2010

Percentage system isn't exactly "great" besides i cannot make items save values, without making a new item system.

Quote from: The Jackal on 15-01-2010

I can only work with the animations that citizen npc's use.

Maybe i can do that holster back thing, maybe look like crap though.

Same above applies to animation limitations.

Steel

Quote from: Last.Exile on 15-01-2010
Oh another suggestion.

Soon Enough, combined with stats.

Quote from: KingArthur on 14-01-2010

Percentage system isn't exactly "great" besides i cannot make items save values, without making a new item system.

Quote from: The Jackal on 15-01-2010

I can only work with the animations that citizen npc's use.

Maybe i can do that holster back thing, maybe look like crap though.

Same above applies to animation limitations.

I may just have to play through HL again, just so i can see what the citizens do, and maybe give you a list of new ones that would be good to be implemented.
Sorry, i just havent got a clue about scripting :P

Plunger

This is for anybody reading about how the inventory grid was canceled. Believe me when I say it needed to be done, I was testing it with Silver and Locke earlier and it actually brought world spawn back, so I figure you all like a working inventory then a pretty one that brings back worldspawn amirite

Locke

Yeah, it looked nice, but it's not worth losing all my hard worked for items, right?

Celtic

Just a small idea, but not completely necessary, would be to make it so that it saves what frequency you put your radio on, even after you disconnected.  Only cause sometimes you may just miss out on something if you forgot to set your frequency.  Again though, hardly something to prioritize doing, as most people can just make it a habit to remember to set their radio.

Royz

I think that the flash that now effects your speed is a little too fast. I like how it increses your speed, but It feels too fast. Try it yourself sometime and adjust it as you feel just.

Celtic

Quote from: Royz on 17-01-2010
I think that the flash that now effects your speed is a little too fast. I like how it increses your speed, but It feels too fast. Try it yourself sometime and adjust it as you feel just.

I watched Royz use this thing, and it was ungodly.  We're standing at the intersection near the bridge, and we head back to the Freedom base.  He could have gone back and forth from the intersection to the base three times before I got there.

Bielecki

A map, i mean one thats on your pda or something.

Dark Angel

More anims like wounded , sleeping maybe ragdoll for whirling =)

Eet Eet

Add the ability to delete dead characters from the character list. Maybe even some STALKER npcs?
To this day and beyond no one still knows "Who let the dogs out!"

Bielecki

I think you need to improve the experience for begginers.
When you start out there is too little content.

The best way for a player to feel 'satisfied' are jobs. Not animations, costumes or cool big guns... Jobs!

When a begginer turns up he wants to feel apart of the world and usefull. He wants to be emerged into the stalker world, thats why most people want to play it. He wants to experience storys of murder, exploration, fascination.

Overall its not the jobs that are the proplem, its the lack of them. So make more mini ones that players can perform if a trader isn't around.

Plunger

Quote from: Dark Angel on 18-01-2010
More anims like wounded , sleeping maybe ragdoll for whirling =)
Animations can only be used if from Half Life 2, and if it appears on the citizen.

Quote from: Eet Eet on 19-01-2010
Add the ability to delete dead characters from the character list. Maybe even some STALKER npcs?
Can't delete, problem with current script, and NPC's wouldn't really do anything.

Quote from: Bielecki on 19-01-2010
I think you need to improve the experience for begginers.
When you start out there is too little content.

The best way for a player to feel 'satisfied' are jobs. Not animations, costumes or cool big guns... Jobs!

When a begginer turns up he wants to feel apart of the world and usefull. He wants to be emerged into the stalker world, thats why most people want to play it. He wants to experience storys of murder, exploration, fascination.

Overall its not the jobs that are the proplem, its the lack of them. So make more mini ones that players can perform if a trader isn't around.
Elaborate on what this has to do with the script? Are you talking about pre-scripted, more itmes for missions, or some way for players to activate them etc.

Nikolaz72

I know a place where somebody in HL2 Citizen was dying. Ya remember Triage of Dawn? A soundtrack music from HL2 the spot where a shortened version is played is where it happends cant remember how long in but if you search it on youtube you will find the clip :P
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Bielecki

Quote from: Layton on 19-01-2010

Elaborate on what this has to do with the script? Are you talking about pre-scripted, more itmes for missions, or some way for players to activate them etc.

Yeah, more items that can come of some use. Have them spawned around the map. Say scrap metal that can be taken to traders or something else to be sold. Maybe objects you can get from plants? These are just ideas for small little 'mini missions' that can be done when there is nothing else to do.

Alot of the stuff i said above can be already done with the current script, just needs some dedication from players. I properly should of posted that stuff in another thread.

KillSlim

Scrap metal is bought ICly or spawned and used by people with Tool-trust. I remember that Duty was paying people 5 RU per scrap piece, you don't need such a thing to be implemented.

'Objects gained from plants'? .....
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

~Ness~

Quote from: Bielecki on 18-01-2010
A map, i mean one thats on your pda or something.

I couldn't agree more, I'm constantly getting lost in the server.

Quote from: Eet Eet on 19-01-2010
Add the ability to delete dead characters from the character list.

I've seen this happen on other scripts based off Cakescript, even though this is a almost 'completely new' script. So, yeah.

Bielecki

Quote from: KillSlim on 20-01-2010

'Objects gained from plants'? .....

Food maybe, well not from the plants cause they're basically dead. But maybe in buildings?

And i don't get why you don't think the scrap metal idea shouldn't be implemented

oktaine

There are wounded anims on the citizens - mainly during the early beach levels, literally right at the beginning when you're at Station...7, I think. Right after you've gone through Ravenholm and the mines and the train park.

Fredjrik Biletnikoff: Spy creepin' around here